Windows 10: Does anyone know why windows keeps randomly switching between audio devices?

Discus and support Does anyone know why windows keeps randomly switching between audio devices? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/StRiKe171 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g691ya/does_anyone_know_why_windows_keeps_randomly/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StRiKe171, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Does anyone know why windows keeps randomly switching between audio devices?

/u/StRiKe171, Apr 22, 2020

2. HELP! Firefox keeps randomly switching windows.

Every time I open a new window link from a current window, the new window will pop up like normal.

But after I click on anything inside the new window, Firefox randomly switches to the previous window and I have to reclick the new window to get it back.

How do I fix this? I don't want it to keep switching back to the old window when I've already opened a new one.

I'm using the latest Firefox build 23.0.1, fresh install with Windows 7 64 bit

acuriousman2, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Switching between bluetooth audio devices.

Thank you for the information.

Try doing the following steps below to switch between your audio devices:

For Windows 10, 1607 version:

• Click on the sound icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select playback device.
    • Select the audio device you want to use from the menu.

For previous versions of Windows:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select Playback devices to select your preferred/default speaker.
    • Click on Playback tab to see the list of the devices.
    • Right-click on the preferred device then select Enable.
    • To make the device as your default audio, right-click on the chosen device then select
      Set as Default Device.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Does anyone know why windows keeps randomly switching between audio devices?

Problems switching audio devices

Hi toiren,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

I appreciate the steps you have perform, let’s try simple methods and check if this helps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the issue still persist, I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the
    driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And also visit the below link for No sound in Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Does anyone know why windows keeps randomly switching between audio devices?

1. Does anyone know why windows keeps randomly switching between audio devices? - Similar Threads - Does anyone why

2. Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices: I use an Audiobox USB audio interface for recording music but when I plug it in to my brand new laptop, it freaks out and rapidly switches between the audio interface and the built-in sound system, making the computer basically useless until I unplug it.The interface works...
  3. Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices: I use an Audiobox USB audio interface for recording music but when I plug it in to my brand new laptop, it freaks out and rapidly switches between the audio interface and the built-in sound system, making the computer basically useless until I unplug it.The interface works...
  4. Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...: Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and microsoft.office.sway_8wekyb3d8bbwe occur when trying to enrol new devices in InTunes using Set up for school Pcs?...
  5. Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...: Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and microsoft.office.sway_8wekyb3d8bbwe occur when trying to enrol new devices in InTunes using Set up for school Pcs?...
  6. Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

7. Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...: Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and microsoft.office.sway_8wekyb3d8bbwe occur when trying to enrol new devices in InTunes using Set up for school Pcs?...
  8. Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...: Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and microsoft.office.sway_8wekyb3d8bbwe occur when trying to enrol new devices in InTunes using Set up for school Pcs?...
  9. Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

10. Umm... does anyone know why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Umm... does anyone know why?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wonderful_Artichoke8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uzl9vu/umm_does_anyone_know_why/