Windows 10: Does anyone own these AX routers?

Discus and support Does anyone own these AX routers? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all - Both look interesting. AmpliFi | Faster, Whole-Home Wi-Fi www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AX89X Opinions on one or both of them would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Compumind, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Compumind Win User

Does anyone own these AX routers?

Hi all -

Both look interesting.

AmpliFi | Faster, Whole-Home Wi-Fi

www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AX89X

Opinions on one or both of them would be welcome.

Thanks.

*chuckle

:)

Compumind, Mar 29, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Does anyone own these AX routers?

DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Does anyone own these AX routers?

1. Does anyone own these AX routers? - Similar Threads - Does anyone own

2. Does it resolve on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does it resolve on its own: I accidentally added my school account to my PC and I did disconnected it, but however, my PC and some settings is still being controlled by my school, like the PIN settings and windows defender, even though I had disconnected my school account from my PC. So does the...
  3. Router does not work on Laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Router does not work on Laptops: Hi, my router works fine with every device but laptops. If I connect any windows laptop to the Wi-Fi , the overall speed of the internet drops by a lot Almost 0 for every device ....
  4. Router does not work on Laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Router does not work on Laptops: Hi, my router works fine with every device but laptops. If I connect any windows laptop to the Wi-Fi , the overall speed of the internet drops by a lot Almost 0 for every device ....
  5. Router does not work on Laptops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Would Anyone Have A Spare Router?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Would Anyone Have A Spare Router?: I have permission to ask this So, my router just went out and it is out of warranty and Linksys will not replace it, and unfortunately, I don't have the money to purchase another one. I was wondering if anyone would happen to have a spare Gigabit router that they aren't...
  7. roxfilewriterwrapper-ax

roxfilewriterwrapper-ax: my hard drive seems empty only showing subject file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roxfilewriterwrapper-ax/6c689069-7dea-476a-b3d7-ef2a67e00a1d
  8. Does anyone know?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know?: submitted by /u/pragyan52yadav [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivelnk/does_anyone_know/
  9. Does anyone have the Linksys WRT3200ACM Router?

Does anyone have the Linksys WRT3200ACM Router?: The reason I ask is because last year, I had the 1900AC, and the front LED lights started going dim, so they replaced it and gave me a free upgrade to the 1900ACS. Well, the same thing has happened, and now they are giving me another replacement and upgrading me to the...
  10. Roll your own OpenWRT router on a Raspberry Pi

Roll your own OpenWRT router on a Raspberry Pi: For those who want to roll their own OpenWRT router, without having to risk damaging their current router, you can now use the Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 to act as one. The Pi 3 comes with built in Bluetooth and Wifi, but you can add a USB Wifi adapter if you wish....