Windows 10: Does anyone understand the DNS_PROBE process?

Discus and support Does anyone understand the DNS_PROBE process? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Do you understand the code behind the DNS probe function that is behind error messages such as DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG? I've read the countless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David_H_2020, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Does anyone understand the DNS_PROBE process?

Do you understand the code behind the DNS probe function that is behind error messages such as DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG?

I've read the countless pages that describe what to do if you get the error; I am not asking what to do.

I am looking for an understanding of the behavior of the probe itself. What kinds of packets does it send, to what address does it send them, now long does it wait for a response, when does it report NXCONFIG vs BAD_CONFIG, etc.

If you understand the FSM of the probe, please respond.

Thanks,

David

:)

David_H_2020, Feb 12, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Johnny5 Win User

Does anyone understand the DNS_PROBE process?

Building Again

I just tried to swap the hard drive for the one you suggested keakar but i purchased rush processing so its already in step 3... *Big Grin Does anyone understand the DNS_PROBE process? :D

Johnny5, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Does anyone understand the DNS_PROBE process?

1. Does anyone understand the DNS_PROBE process? - Similar Threads - Does anyone understand

2. Can anyone please help understand what this script is doing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone please help understand what this script is doing?: MSIEXEC /i "%~dp0xyz.msi" /qb- /norestart /log "%~dp0xyz.log"Also share any resources where I can learn scripting like this or more myself....
  3. Can anyone please help understand what this script is doing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone please help understand what this script is doing?: MSIEXEC /i "%~dp0xyz.msi" /qb- /norestart /log "%~dp0xyz.log"Also share any resources where I can learn scripting like this or more myself....
  4. Can anyone please help understand what this script is doing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unknown Process/App - Anyone recognizes the Icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Process/App - Anyone recognizes the Icon?: Hi guys, For some time, there is a process or app that is periodically (once in 1-3hrs) appearing in the tray. When it does, it minimizes all running apps to tray regardless of the app type, It always blinks there for a second or so and than disappears. Not sure what it...
  6. Does anyone know?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know?: submitted by /u/pragyan52yadav [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivelnk/does_anyone_know/
  7. Dns_probe issues with a surface studio 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dns_probe issues with a surface studio 2: Ive had this computer for about a year now and its been giving me trouble with internet connection for a few months now. I get a lot of dnsprobe_finished_nxdomain which i midigate by running the netsh winsock reset in the command prompt at least once a day. Ive also changed...
  8. Critical Process Died/Understanding Crash logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died/Understanding Crash logs: Hello, I've recently completed my first pc build and its gone fairly well. Though in the last week I've ran into issues with windows 10 (regular crashing with BSOD with the message 'critical process died'). After doing some research I performed some sfc and dism scans with...
  9. Understanding the OneDrive Engineering Process

in Windows 10 News
    Understanding the OneDrive Engineering Process: Today we take a deep dive into what drives the engineering process. How we balance evolutionary features with truly revolutionary ones and how sometimes a cool kitchen gadget can lead to great engineering and design ideas in OneDrive. Join us and learn how Omar Shahine –...
  10. Does Ms understand what SERVERS are

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Ms understand what SERVERS are: Hi there Playing around with Ms 2016 SERVER What on earth is Ms playing at -- there's no minimal GUI on basic version but on the "GUI" versions why are there rediculous features such as XBOX, ONLINE, Airplane mode, Blue tooth etc --IT's A SERVER for goodness sake...