Windows 10: Does Anyone's Else's Computer Suddenly restart without warning?

Discus and support Does Anyone's Else's Computer Suddenly restart without warning? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there im new to the forums and a upgrade from win 8.1 The install was very smooth when i upgraded, i am having minimal problem with my pc. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by harlza24, Aug 7, 2015.

1. harlza24 Win User

Does Anyone's Else's Computer Suddenly restart without warning?

Hi there im new to the forums and a upgrade from win 8.1

The install was very smooth when i upgraded, i am having minimal problem with my pc. the only problem is that at the moment, random of times my pc will automatically reset with out warning, no BSOD, no errors.

here is how it will go,

Playing game
    Sudden power off (sometimes up to x3)
    Restart (sometimes up to x3)
    then it will auto automatically boot to windows and ill have a full day before it does it again.

I did ask a mate and he is saying its a glitch in the system apparently. does anyone else have this problem?

My PC specs are provded

:)

harlza24, Aug 7, 2015

2. E71 screen does not light up!

Hi,

Suddenly my E71 screen does not light up. I can see the icons, but there is no backlight so I can't see it without light.

I'm not sure why this happened. It just suddenly became like that. I've restarted the phone, pulled out the battery, but it didn't help.

Anyone has this problem?

Thanks

hamham---01, Aug 7, 2015
  3. PASSWORD RESET

For the past week, Microsoft has made me reset my password at least 3 times. My computer does not move from one location. Why is this suddenly happening. It is quite annoying. Since you cannot talk to anyone from Microsoft, I would appreciate hearing
    if this in happening to anyone else and what I can do to stop it. Thanks,

Naturally 624, Aug 7, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

5. Boozad Win User
    What game/s are you playing? Does it happen in every game? It sounds like it could be an issue with the PSU, can you check in the BIOS for your 3.3V, 5V and 12V values. Also have you checked the temperatures of your CPU and GPU while under load?

Boozad, Aug 7, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
    Since the computer restarts, I doubt that it's a temp issue. Might as well check the temps, but just something to note.

7. harlza24 Win User
    i haven't encountered a sudden reboot while playing a game, its more on the desktop ie youtube or a miner (lite coin) or just randomly even if i accidentally bump my desktop it will automaticly restart sometime's, i have rechecked all power connections to the pc, brought a new power board with surge protection. my next troubleshoot will be to pull the side of my case off and re-check all connection's inside the case. i have googled windows 10 sudden reset and i have found a handfull of people saying that their pc's have reset for no apparent reason and there is no crash dump to it. windows devs are working on a fix.

In the meantime, i have gone into the bios and loaded the optimized defaults, haven't had a crash yet while cleaning my unit, will give it till tomorrow to crash again and if it hasnt ill mark this as solved

MSI AB was sitting at 25-26 an hour ago its now at 31 degrees after turning the heater on. my GC sits at 75 to 80 degrees while playing GTA V. as for Nvidea Experience i have that and is set to automatically download the latest game profiles for all my games

harlza24, Aug 7, 2015
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

I had this problem with an AMD CPU and Nvidia graphics -- amazing how those combinations seem to be 90% of people's video / cpu problems.

I'd get random sudden power off's when streaming movies (no transcoding required so very small CPU load and no temp issues) and especially when using HANDBRAKE for converting ripped DVD's to MKV / MP4's.

It got so bad that I switched to using a Laptop for this purpose -- much lower powered machine !!!! but it didn't power off after in the middle of creating my video files !!

Temp and load on CPU was not excessive even running Handbrake so it definitely is something new in W10. I needed a new Mobo replacement anyway -- wanted to install more RAM etc (32 GB for running a lot of VM's) so I got rid of that Mobo and binned the GEforce graphics card..

I've switched to INTEL CPU and HD graphics -- not a smidgen of a problem since.

NEVER AGAIN for me NVIDIA and AMD.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 7, 2015
  9. harlza24 Win User
    i suggest checking your dram clocks mine was on 1666mhz and i dropped it to 1444mhz. havent had a reboot in the last 5hrs!

harlza24, Aug 8, 2015
  10. ram1220 Win User
    Sudden reboots are usually caused by a weak or failing power supply.

ram1220, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Does Anyone's Else's Computer Suddenly restart without warning? - Similar Threads - Does Anyone's Else's

2. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  3. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  4. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer keeps restarting without warning.

Computer keeps restarting without warning.: Hi, a week ago my computer started to restart without warning and i didnt know what to do, i tried everything i could, i use sfc /scannow and DISM there were no corrupted files. i have tried to uninstall latest windows updates but they just reinstalled themselves as if...
  6. Computer unexpectedly restarted without warning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer unexpectedly restarted without warning.: I was watching some videos when the computer just unexpectedly restarted without warning. No error message, no nothing. Specs: Win10 Pro - Intel i7-6700 3.4gHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB VRAM - 16GB RAM - 250GB SSD OS - 3TB HDD I've been running into this issue a lot recently....
  7. Computer randomly restarts without warning.

Computer randomly restarts without warning.: My computer restarts unexpectedly every few minutes. If I don't manage to force shutdown by holding down my desktop power button, then it will go into a loop where it starts up, attempts an automatic repair, blackscreens while the tower is still runningall peripherals...
  8. Computer restarting without warning

Computer restarting without warning: Recently, my computer has been restarting without warning. These are the problem details for a recent restart: Source: Windows Summary: Hardware error Date: ‎3/‎31/‎2020 5:31 PM Status: Not reported Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop...
  9. Computer restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarting without warning: I am running Windows 10 on a 5 year old tower and have an unusual problem of the computer suddenly closing down and restarting without warning, 2 or 3 time per day. Only common observations are that the fault often but not always occurs about 3 to 5 minutes after it has been...
  10. Computer restarts randomly without warning.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts randomly without warning.: Hi everyone Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not always. Sometimes it can be after several hours' use. There's no warning; nothing comes up to tell me the computer will...