Windows 10: Does auto logon still work after change the password

Discus and support Does auto logon still work after change the password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to know does the auto logon feature still work if I change the password.Example, I set the password initially to '123' during enable auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zetsubo69, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Zetsubo69 Win User

Does auto logon still work after change the password

I would like to know does the auto logon feature still work if I change the password.Example, I set the password initially to '123' during enable auto logon. After few days, I manually / use script to change the password. Does the auto logon automatically capture the new password ?

:)

Zetsubo69, Apr 29, 2021
  2. wp51dos Win User

Trying to auto logon to Windows 10

I have been able to do this successfully before. I am Trying to auto logon to Windows 10.

Logon itself seems to work okay when I reboot. When it resumes from sleep, no go.

I have tried everything that I know including screensaver power options , and first checking the box require password, and then rebooting and then requiring password no And I went through the usual steps. I supply the correct username and password.

Still no go.

I have searched this formum, googled it, and check the few textbooks I have in this my friends. Still no go.

Suggestions please

wp51dos, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Ngavmot Win User
    Cant change windows Logon password

Sorry this is not helping me

I dont want to change my Microsoft account

I want to change my Logon Password

I have fallowed the steps and all i did was sign out and sign in again

I dont Understand this

also I dont want to use my Microsoft account password for my log in password

I think there is no Solution for me

I will Just stay with this Password

Ngavmot, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Does auto logon still work after change the password

Changing PC Password Logon

Hi, Mary.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

As per your query, I suggest that you refer to the steps provided below and check if you can change the password:

• Sign in to your Microsoft Account, click on the Start Menu, and then click on Settings.
    • Select Security and Privacy, select Change Password.
    • Enter the new password you want and Save Changes.

Also refer to the links below for more information.

Link 1: How do I change my password?

Change or reset your Windows password

Link 2: Reset Password.

Reset your password

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Does auto logon still work after change the password

1. Does auto logon still work after change the password - Similar Threads - Does auto logon

2. Password isn’t working after changing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password isn’t working after changing it: Changed my password because I forgot it now I when I try to use the new password it tells me it’s the wrong password. Changed the password on my iPhone for my email trying to sign in on my laptop and it won’t work...
  3. Auto display logon at boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto display logon at boot: I have a couple of computers. One has Windows 11 Pro and at boot up when the system is ready it automatically displays the login screen. You know it is all set to go. I also have Windows 11 Home and Windows 10. These systems do not automatically display the login. The screen...
  4. Windows changes logon password to computer after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows changes logon password to computer after update: On one of my computers, the logon password does not work after the new update. It even gives the correct hint for the password. I have tried to restart in safe mode, but it still doesn't recognize the password. I have tried to uninstall the latest update and when it asks...
  5. Auto Logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto Logon: I have been using Auto Logon on my home PC for years. In the past I used netplwiz to set it up. I recently reloaded my computer OS due to ongoing Blue Screen issues. I use Microsoft's create media tool to create a bootable thumb drive and installed from there. Went to...
  6. No password to logon.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password to logon.: [email protected];.com I inherited a computer but have no login password. I've tried several helps from the web without success. When I turn the computer on I get the password prompt screen. Stats are: HP ENVY 750qd Desktop PC Product number: Z9M79AV Model: Z9M79AVSer. #...
  7. Auto password change in Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto password change in Mail: Hi I'm setting up a new desktop Win10, and I have 6 accounts running via Mail. 5 are a mix of Gmail and Outlook and they work fine, the 6th however is an IMAP account which no matter how many times I install/uninstall/reinstall the password is always changed to a 16-digit...
  8. Password does not work after troubleshooting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password does not work after troubleshooting: Hello My computer had some problems so I decided that troubleshooting it might help but it didn't. It resulted in my password not working and the screen being zoomed in, this is very frustrating and I've tried almost every methode I've come over to log into my computer....
  9. Windows 10 still accepting my old password at logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 still accepting my old password at logon: I am trying to change my logon password, but windows 10 just accepting my old password at logon. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-still-accepting-my-old-password-at/bf6841c4-a1af-4ca8-8f0a-0d13cb80ae2c"
  10. Cant change windows Logon password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant change windows Logon password: Good Day ladies and gentlemen I have been Happy with windows 10 But I would Like to change my window Logon password through the user account it wont let me Any Advice Thank you 56738