Windows 10: Does Autorecover work at all?

Discus and support Does Autorecover work at all? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Second time now computer rebooted at night, spreadsheet I was working on is gone, no auto-recover files available. Why have this option? I have book1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FTJoe, Dec 1, 2020.

1. FTJoe Win User

Does Autorecover work at all?

Second time now computer rebooted at night, spreadsheet I was working on is gone, no auto-recover files available. Why have this option? I have book1 open right now, autorecover on, every 10 minutes. I renamed to an actual name, is that the issue? I now see stuff being saved to the roaming folder. I assume the reboot is Windows forced. Too bad the Windows developers don't talk to the Office developers sarcasm. Is it possible it is somewhere else? First loss easily redone, this one hurts...ALOT. Been years since I had to worry about manually saving.

Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office/ Excel / Windows 10 / Office 2016

:)

FTJoe, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Autorecovered .xls files on C-Drive

Autorecover files generally only get left behind if Excel or the file you're working on crash / are not closed normally.

I suggest checking the main files before deleting anything in case you need to get into the autorecover ones to retrieve any data.

Denis

Try3, Dec 1, 2020
  3. sacredboy Win User
    Save AutoRecover doesn't work in Office 365 ProPlus

Hi guys,

I have Office 365 ProPlus installed on Windows 10.
    I tested AutoSave and AutoRecovery features today with the following settings by default.
    Save AutoRecover information - Every 10 minutes.
    Keep the last AutoRecovered version if I close without saving - Ticked.
    AutoRecover file location: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel.

I opened an Excel spreadsheet, made a few changes and waited for 10 minutes.
    After 10 minutes no folder was created under C:\Users\\AppDatat\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel.
    Then I cold rebooted my computer and found nothing under C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Unsaved Files.

If that looks like AutoRecover feature doesn't work for my Excel (and possibly for the whole Office suite) could you please advise what could\should be done to resolve this issue.

Regards

sacredboy, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Does Autorecover work at all?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Does Autorecover work at all?

1. Does Autorecover work at all? - Similar Threads - Does Autorecover

2. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  3. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  4. Does thinkpad t470 i5 6th gen support windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does thinkpad t470 i5 6th gen support windows 11: Does thinkpad t470 i5 6th gen support windows 11.how to update windows 11 for free. It's given or should forcely update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-thinkpad-t470-i5-6th-gen-support-windows-11/57705da2-3400-4c5c-9bf3-f6e534240547
  5. Does thinkpad t470 i5 6th gen support windows 11

Does thinkpad t470 i5 6th gen support windows 11: Does thinkpad t470 i5 6th gen support windows 11.how to update windows 11 for free. It's given or should forcely update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-thinkpad-t470-i5-6th-gen-support-windows-11/57705da2-3400-4c5c-9bf3-f6e534240547
  6. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  7. What does this red X mean?

What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  8. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  9. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  10. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on