Windows 10: Does BitLocker also restrict access to OneDrive on mobile and web apps?

Discus and support Does BitLocker also restrict access to OneDrive on mobile and web apps? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently encrypted my entire C Drive which is an SSD where Windows is installed using BitLocker so that no one can access it without a password. Now,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by arafat_ar13, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Does BitLocker also restrict access to OneDrive on mobile and web apps?

I recently encrypted my entire C Drive which is an SSD where Windows is installed using BitLocker so that no one can access it without a password. Now, I am wondering if I should also encrypt other drives using BitLocker like my D, E, F and G drives. These 4 drives are partitions of the same HDD. These drives contain various software, pictures, videos and also my OneDrive folder. So, I am thinking that if I encrypt these drives, it will also encrypt the OneDrive folder. So, will I then be able to access OneDrive files from the web or my phone since they have been encrypted? Encryption means th

:)

arafat_ar13, Apr 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Knud_B_P Win User

Does BitLocker also restrict access to OneDrive on mobile and web apps?

Security Risk ? Apps with access to OneDrive

Hi,

I've just switched to WP, and when installing apps I've in some cases been asked to permit the app to access my OneDrive. It looks as if the permissions give access to everything, which to me looks like a serious security risk.

An example was an audiobook app, that could read the books from Onedrive, but I could not restrict the access to be for the audiobook folder only.

Any suggestions on how to solve this ? If this can't be solved, then I'll have to revoke the access for these apps.

Knud

Knud_B_P, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

Does BitLocker also restrict access to OneDrive on mobile and web apps?

1. Does BitLocker also restrict access to OneDrive on mobile and web apps? - Similar Threads - Does BitLocker restrict

2. Using Proxy Settings to Restrict Web Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Proxy Settings to Restrict Web Access: Hello I have set up Proxy settings to restrict web access. It works great but does anyone know the URl's I need to allow to use Gmail correctly? Here is how I configured...
  3. Using Proxy Settings to Restrict Web Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Proxy Settings to Restrict Web Access: Hello I have set up Proxy settings to restrict web access. It works great but does anyone know the URl's I need to allow to use Gmail correctly? Here is how I configured...
  4. Using Proxy Settings to Restrict Web Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Voice access app randomly freezers frequently especially in messenger app and web also word...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice access app randomly freezers frequently especially in messenger app and web also word...: voice access repeatedly freezes it has to be restarted the world recognition is weird increased RAM from 8 GB TO 16G dell inspiron 7706 two in one after install not much improvement and definitely not in those areas * Moved from Community Center...
  6. Restricting access to install or download anything off the web

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restricting access to install or download anything off the web: Is there away to restrict a computer from being able to install or download anything off the web without authroizations of like a password made by the person monitoring what that user is and is not allowed to install on their computer?...
  7. Restrict Internet Access for Apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restrict Internet Access for Apps?: [IMG] Hi Guys! Im a bit paranoid about what goes in and out of my pc, and i wanted to know if theres an app for my fears. Im looking for something that blocks ALL apps, best case including windows, from accessing the internet without asking me, kinda the same way User...
  8. Family Restrictions while accessing apps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Restrictions while accessing apps: Recently I have removed my account from my family group and had it converted into an adult account. My age and birth date are up to date, which means this shouldn't be a child account However, when I try to access certain apps, I get this message: [ATTACH] If I try to...
  9. Restrict OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restrict OneDrive: To whom it may concern, I do not want my OneDrive to sync with my computer automatically. I only want the OneDrive to be enabled when I choose to enable it. How do I stop the OneDrive from activating automatically?...
  10. Onedrive not accessible with web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not accessible with web browser: when I try to log in to onedrive I get the following message using Chrome This site can’t provide a secure connection onedrive.live.com uses an unsupported protocol. ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH and this message useing edge Cannot securely connect to this page...