Windows 10: Does burning music to DVD-R reduce its quality?

Discus and support Does burning music to DVD-R reduce its quality? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to archive some music onto DVD-R. When my friend found out what I was trying to do, she said I was wasting my time burning FLAC because it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TfsQuack, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Does burning music to DVD-R reduce its quality?

I want to archive some music onto DVD-R. When my friend found out what I was trying to do, she said I was wasting my time burning FLAC because it would get compressed on the disc anyway. I already tried this with MP3s. The file sizes are the same, but the size on the disc is smaller on the DVD-R than the hard drive.

submitted by /u/TfsQuack
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TfsQuack, Feb 28, 2020
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. redondo12 Win User
    burn a new R-DVD

How do I burn music from the computer room drive to a new R-DVD

redondo12, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Does burning music to DVD-R reduce its quality?

Burning photo DVD to use on a DVD player

Hi Mike,

A DVD R can be used to record data. Once DVD R has been burned or written to, it can't be written to again. For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you ever tried copying music, pictures, or videos from your Windows 10 to a blank DVD before?
    • The DVD that you have, is that blank?
    • Have you done any recent changes to your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Does burning music to DVD-R reduce its quality?

1. Does burning music to DVD-R reduce its quality? - Similar Threads - Does burning music

2. Does flip horizontal reduce the quality?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does flip horizontal reduce the quality?: Hello, several places, including the losslesscut faq, wrote that flipping a video reduces the quality ------------- quotation : Can LosslessCut crop, resize, stretch, mirror, overlay text/images, watermark, blur, redact, re-encode, speed-up/slow-down, create GIF, slideshow,...
  3. Does flip horizontal reduce the quality?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does flip horizontal reduce the quality?: Hello, several places, including the losslesscut faq, wrote that flipping a video reduces the quality ------------- quotation : Can LosslessCut crop, resize, stretch, mirror, overlay text/images, watermark, blur, redact, re-encode, speed-up/slow-down, create GIF, slideshow,...
  4. How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW: I have loads of personal home videos that I have downloaded from Apple icloud. I would like to save them to DVD's as gifts for the family. Each time I click on "Burn files" the process cancels. I have looked all over the internet for information but all I find is offers for...
  5. How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW: I have loads of personal home videos that I have downloaded from Apple icloud. I would like to save them to DVD's as gifts for the family. Each time I click on "Burn files" the process cancels. I have looked all over the internet for information but all I find is offers for...
  6. Burning music DVD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning music DVD on Windows 10: Hi, I have blank DVD-RW 4.7GB/2 hrs sp mode. In previous Windows versions I was able to burn them as audio DVDs using WMP. However on Windows 10 both File Explorer and WMP don't recognize the blank DVD as an audio capable DVD. File Explorer says "Windows can't read the disc...
  7. Window's Media / Music / Burn onto NEW CD-R

Window's Media / Music / Burn onto NEW CD-R: I am using Window's 10 I am trying to Burn music for personal use from My Downloaded CD's onto a NEW Virbatim CD-R But The Computer is making any excuse why it cannot burn onto this CD-R I have cleaned a NEW Disc but it still says the CD is Dirty , I bought a new pack of...
  8. Couldn't burn videos to DVD-R 4.7GB (16x)

in Windows 10 Support
    Couldn't burn videos to DVD-R 4.7GB (16x): Hello everyone, I am trying to burn some videos (movies) into DVD-R 4.7 GB using wondershare uniconverter. Total size of the movies I selected comes around 4.31GB (screenshot attached). But the size of the same videos after added to uniconverter becomes larger (I don't know...
  9. I want to burn Movies to a DVD+R disk.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to burn Movies to a DVD+R disk.: I want to burn Movies to a DVD+R disk. My computer oesn't recognize the disk and suggests I format it. When I tried I was told it will make my compter stop. I have Windows 10 fully updated...
  10. Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?

Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro here. I just created a DVD I want to play on a friend's DVD player using the app 'DVD Flick' and it's created 2 folders: "VIDEO_TS" and "AUDIO_TS", but I don't know how to put them onto a DVD...? I don't want to use a 3rd party app...