Windows 10: Does buying a key be better than buying a dvd when installing on a new pc build?

Discus and support Does buying a key be better than buying a dvd when installing on a new pc build? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i'm wondering if the files downloaded on the website would be safe or not, But the problem is that i'm not sure if i can use a external dvd drive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rex.K, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Rex.K Win User

Does buying a key be better than buying a dvd when installing on a new pc build?

i'm wondering if the files downloaded on the website would be safe or not, But the problem is that i'm not sure if i can use a external dvd drive to install.

:)

Rex.K, Jul 21, 2020
  2. ship69 Win User

Should I upgrade what I have or buy a whole new PC?

Yes, although I could probably get there, I am not particularly technical, and I am starting to thing I would be better of buying a whole new system. Moreover my hardware knowledge is about 7 years out of date!

From my list of components what would you do in my position?

And if a whole new unit from scratch, I am guessing that due to economies of scale I would probably be better off buying whole new PC off the shelf, no?

If doing that, do you have any recommendations of where to find trustworthy reviews (PC Pro A-List: The best tech you can buy in 2017 | Alphr ? Amazon??)
    And/or any individual makes & models that you'd recommend??

J

ship69, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Buying new GPU

I know I am a week or so late but I am also considering a GTX 1060 & have compiled a full list had to use photos Though:

Does buying a key be better than buying a dvd when installing on a new pc build? [​IMG]

Does buying a key be better than buying a dvd when installing on a new pc build? [​IMG]

RoadBlaster, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Does buying a key be better than buying a dvd when installing on a new pc build?

Buying new motherboard do I need to buy Windows 10 again?

well i thinking to get upgrade and buy better motherboard and cpu. i bought new windows 10 Pro 64 dvd OEM

question is if i will decide to buy new motherboard and cpu. do i will have to buy windows 10 again?

MaciejMantaj, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Does buying a key be better than buying a dvd when installing on a new pc build?

1. Does buying a key be better than buying a dvd when installing on a new pc build? - Similar Threads - Does buying key

2. BSOD after buying new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after buying new PC: I had random BSOD's after logging in windows but only sometimes. Now it happened while I was on PC so this is starting to be a big problem.I followed windows verifier steps and I couldn't boot in normal windows because I had BSOD all the time after that so I had to boot in...
  3. BSOD after buying new PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after buying new PC: I had random BSOD's after logging in windows but only sometimes. Now it happened while I was on PC so this is starting to be a big problem.I followed windows verifier steps and I couldn't boot in normal windows because I had BSOD all the time after that so I had to boot in...
  4. About buying a new key !

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    About buying a new key !: I have just build a pc from retailer & now want to buy windows for pc Is OEM key legal ? & yes does it get lifetime future updates ? & suggest me which key I should get from the person who assembled my pc! my windows is Windows 10 pro! Please reply asap Thanks...
  5. New pc buy Windows again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New pc buy Windows again?: I just have a laptop with Windows 10 already installed (the laptop is new) and I want to build a gaming pc and assemble it myself. Now my question is if i have to buy Windows or if i can do it somehow? Neuer Pc nochmal Windows kaufen?
  6. Considerations when buying new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Considerations when buying new SSD: What considerations do I need to know when shopping around for a new SSD? I received a desktop from my wife this past Christmas that has SSD storage, my first SSD device ever. Decided recently to start getting a little smart about SSD's as I realized if the SSD died, or I...
  7. To buy a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To buy a new PC: Ok so i need to build a Pc with good, fine settings like 4/8GB ram, 3.0 ghz processor and everything . Can somebody suggest me components???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-buy-a-new-pc/93cf2b3e-64cd-445d-b218-e8a58439c439
  8. buying a dvd-app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    buying a dvd-app: We would like to order the Window DVD App, but this seems to be impossible because wel have to enter a adress in the United States when I enter my creditcard data. Since I live in the Netherlands I can't do this. How can I order an pay for this app from abroad? Kind...
  9. Buying a new PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Buying a new PC: I will be purchasing a new PC next month. I use Todo Backup to create a system backup. Can I use the backup on a new SSD or would it be wise to do a clean install of Windows 10? I will uninstall the sound card driver and any other drivers that are obsolete because the new PC...
  10. New buy

in Windows 10 Support
    New buy: Hi Guys, I was hoping some of u could help me out in picking a desktop that will still be good in 3 to 4 yrs and I will be able to upgrade it at that point as well. I am looking to spend around $500 on it. I am not a gamer nor do i do any editing on videos. I would like to...