Windows 10: Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

Discus and support Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I wish to find out if changing enteries in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentSet001\Enum\USB\Has an immediate effect, has an effect only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Seth Ward, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Seth Ward Win User

Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

Hello,I wish to find out if changing enteries in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentSet001\Enum\USB\Has an immediate effect, has an effect only when usb is reseated, has an effect only when usb port is changed, or requires reboot for effect.Thank you!

:)

Seth Ward, Apr 19, 2024

2. How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing?

Hi, everyone.
    I was testing my registry key of IE 11 Settings.

I found the registry key that it didn't have an effect on disabling search suggestion of IE11 addon Search Provider Bing.
    My main objective is using the registry key to "disable search suggestion of IE11 addon Search Provider Bing".

The registry key data would change to 0 when I disabled search suggestion or 1 when I enabled search suggestion manually.

But, The registry key had no effect on disabling search suggestion of IE11 addon Search Provider Bing.

The registry key is as following.
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}]
    "ShowSearchSuggestions"=dword:00000000

First picture attached is applied the registry key.

Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect? 303983d1603987151t-how-make-registry-key-has-effect-ie11-addon-bing-registry-key-dont-influence.jpg

Second picture is the real situation.

Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect? 303984d1603987261t-how-make-registry-key-has-effect-ie11-addon-bing-registry-key-dont-work.jpg

Note:
    "已啟用" meets "Enabled" in Chinese Traditional.

Q.Could you teach me how to disable search suggestion of IE11 addon Search Provider Bing by using registry key?
    Thanks a lot.

shiwan0804, Apr 19, 2024
  3. How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing?

Thanks, Denis.
    I checked all of my IE 11 settings registry keys and contrasted with the settings of user interface.
    All other registry keys were work fine to change the settings of user interface.
    Only this registry key of disabling search suggestion was not work at all.

shiwan0804, Apr 19, 2024
  4. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing?

Hi, KeithM.
    I can disable search suggestions of IE11 search provider addon Bing by user interface and then the registry key data can change to 0.
    But, I wish that the setting registry key of disabling search suggestions of IE11 search provider addon Bing can work for me automatically.
    I used the registry key of disabling search suggestions and made sure the data was 0 and then reboot.

Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect? ake-registry-key-has-effect-ie11-addon-bing-disabling-search-suggestions-registry-key-didnt-work.png

After reboot that IE11 search provider addon Bing user interface still showed search suggestions was enabled and then the registry key data 0 roll back to 1.
    I also got a yellow notification about IE11 search provider addon Bing, it said that unknown program wanted to change default search provider addon to Bing, but I only had one search provider addon just called Bing.
    If I clicked "change" and then search suggestions would be disabled.
    If I clicked "do not change" or ignored and then search suggestions would still be enabled.
    I just wanted the registry key disabled search suggestions for me and didn't ask me anything automatically.
    Why it was so difficult?
    The same setting registry key of disabling search suggestions of IE8 search provider addon Live Search can work fine on WinXP.
    Is it possible that UAC deny the settings registry key, but UAC allow others?

shiwan0804, Apr 19, 2024
Thema:

Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

1. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect? - Similar Threads - Does changing registry

2. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?: Hello,I wish to find out if changing enteries in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentSet001\Enum\USB\Has an immediate effect, has an effect only when usb is reseated, has an effect only when usb port is changed, or requires reboot for effect.Thank you!...
  3. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?: Hello,I wish to find out if changing enteries in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentSet001\Enum\USB\Has an immediate effect, has an effect only when usb is reseated, has an effect only when usb port is changed, or requires reboot for effect.Thank you!...
  4. Regedit, manually undo changes does not seem to have an effect.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regedit, manually undo changes does not seem to have an effect.: Hello, So I was trying to follow step from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/2688326/can-t-open-exe-files-in-windows-7-or-windows-vista Click the Startbutton and type regedit in the Search boxRight-click Regedit.exe in the returned list and click Run as...
  5. Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect: [ATTACH] Hey guys, I got a problem with the registry editor. I want to set my keyboard response rate really low. In the screenshot you can see what I've changed it to. I think the repeat delay was 1000 before or something. Anyway I don't get any notification that there...
  6. Registry key for OneDrive installation path?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry key for OneDrive installation path?: I'm working on a powershell function and need to lookup registry to determine where is OneDrive installed, excluding executalbe, just installation directory. for example, a registry entry of: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft OneDrive This path may change in future versions...
  7. Registry not taking effect?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry not taking effect?: I made some changes in the registry lately, but they still haven't taken effect. I rebooted my computer, changed permissions for the registry key, but they still don't work. I am very confused, this key has worked perfectly fine in the past, and I have no idea why it's not...
  8. Windows 10 Audio Effects Registry Keys Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio Effects Registry Keys Missing: So, I was using a batch file to toggle windows sound effects which stopped working a couple days ago. I checked the registry keys that my batch file uses to toggle the sound effects in windows and the registry keys under...
  9. Changing PATH does not take effect

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing PATH does not take effect: I have extended the PATH as in the attached screenshot, but when I open a new CMD Prompt, the directory I have placed at the end of the PATH is missing.*Confused [img] 134488
  10. How to make Registry changes take effect immediately without restart

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Registry changes take effect immediately without restart: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Registry Editor is an in-built utility that comes with the Windows 10 OS. It contains all the low-level hierarchical data configuration for the Windows 10 operating system, its kernel, drivers, the application programs installed on top of it and [...]...