Windows 10: Does Chrome have a navigation - menu bar

Discus and support Does Chrome have a navigation - menu bar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm familiar with windows 7, but new to Windows 10, Windows 7 had a navigation - menu bar, for file, tools, help etc, i'm unable to find it on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Take a guess, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Does Chrome have a navigation - menu bar

I'm familiar with windows 7, but new to Windows 10,

Windows 7 had a navigation - menu bar, for file, tools, help etc, i'm unable to find it on chrome

:)

Take a guess, Mar 23, 2018

2. GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER ON WINDOWS 10

DOES GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER IN WINDOWS 10 HAVE A " MENU BAR " ?...SHOWING FILE , EDIT, TOOLs etc ?

THESE ARE PRESENT IN INTERNET EXPLRORER.

JAS BHOGAL, Mar 23, 2018
  3. Vulnerability in M.S Edge built in Flash Player.

Recently There was a serious vulnerability in the M.S. Edge built in Flash Player but an update rectified that.

Again, in my anti-virus software it has detected another vulnerability but it states this quote:

"Since patch does not released try to avoid using Flash Player for untrusted sites and files.

To disable Flash Player you must go to plugins page and mark Flash Player as disabled.

If you don't know how to navigate to plugins page:

In Frefox to you can type about:addons page in navigation bar and select plugins menu.

In Chrome you can type chrome://plugins in navigation bar.

In Opera you can type opera://plugins in navigation bar.

For instructions about internet explorer visit help link related."

Before when the first Vulnerability was discovered Flash was using version 18 but it was updated with a Windows 10 update to version 19.

I don't know what M.S will do about this. Just a warning to anybody that uses Flash Player until a patch is released.

JamesMillar_896, Mar 23, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Does Chrome have a navigation - menu bar

Welcome to TenForums! *Biggrin

There's the 3 dots in the top right corner of Chrome that has the menu. Is this the one you're referring to? If so, then yes, the menus appearance have changed.

Does Chrome have a navigation - menu bar [​IMG]

pepanee, Mar 23, 2018
  5. Hi Pepanne,

I've looked there, but it's not what I'm looking for, on windows 7, i had the option to right click then "tick" on / off navigation page, menu bar etc., etc.,

6. pepanee Win User
    Hmh.. I apologize, I'm unable to remember how Chrome was back in Windows 7. (I've used Chrome back on Windows 7, but I have such a terrible memory) =P

Yet I looked around more, and I guess the closest answer is:
    1) Pressing those 3 Dots
    2) Press Settings. A new window will open.
    3) On the top left side, you will see 3 small horizontal lines. Press them.
    4) Press Advanced (Refer to the picture)
    5) This is closest thing to the top old-school horizontal menu that I'm aware of for Google Chrome. There's a lot of options in there. I'm also guessing the example you told me about is now outdated, and removed from Chrome. But hey, I could be mistaken. That option might still be somewhere in some advanced option. Yet as you can see in the picture, that's probably the closest thing to have a list of all the menus

pepanee, Mar 23, 2018
  7. OK, Do I have to have chrome, can I uninstall it and have basic good old Google

(sorry to ask here, how do I add my signature to my positing's, I've looked at my settings and don't appear to have "CP")

8. pepanee Win User

I'm not sure what you mean by uninstalling Chrome and using basic Google.
    Google is the company that made the Chrome Browser. It's called Google Chrome.

You can use a different web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. Search for those two on your computer. They're both installed with Windows.

Internet Explorer:

Microsoft Edge:

And for your signature:
    Look at the top right corner of this page. Press Settings. On the left side, press Edit Signature. Make your Signature, then press the blue Save Signature button.

pepanee, Mar 23, 2018
  9. my apologies if I'm testing you, I'm not very good with technology, edit my signature doesn't appear under settings

10. pepanee Win User
    Oh it's completely okay! I'm here to help you. Please don't look at it as if you're inconveniencing me. You're not inconveniencing me =)
    And as a matter of fact, you're right. I don't see it there in your pictures. I'm not an Administrator here, hopefully an Administrator here will see this soon, and explain why it's like that. My best assumption is that because you're a brand new user, maybe that feature is disabled, until an Administrator can verify that you're not a Spam Bot. (There's been Spam Bots here before, creating new threads and posting spam links to phishing websites, etc.) Obviously you're a real user, and I'm sure that option will eventually be activated within the next few days or whatnot. =)

But maybe an Admin will reply with a more precise answer.

pepanee, Mar 23, 2018
  11. Thank you, you've been very helpful, for me, getting familiar with windows 10 is going to be challenging.

No doubt, I'll be back with more questions, in the meantime, I'll wait for an admin to reply about my signature.

12. pepanee Win User
    You're welcome.

Hopefully an Admin will reply soon. Also what I would recommend is for you to create a new Thread (I'm not sure in exactly in which Forum your question would fit into, yet I'm guessing you can post it in the General Support Forum).

Subject: I'm A New User And Cannot Find The Edit Signature Option
    Message: [Post a short message saying you're new to the Forums. Say you're also new to Windows 10, and you're learning/getting used to it, upgraded from Windows 7. Say you'll be having general questions about Windows 10 as you're learning it. You know, a small intro about yourself. And ask about the Edit Signature option that you cannot find in the Forum settings =) Also, attach the pictures you did above in the new Thread so people can see it missing from your settings ]

pepanee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does Chrome have a navigation - menu bar - Similar Threads - Does Chrome navigation

2. Navigation Bar on Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Navigation Bar on Windows Defender: So I was going to install an app and it was detected as a virus and didnt download so I went to windows defender and the Navigation Bar didnt work and when I try to allow a program it dosent let me...
  3. Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar...: ...which stops me from writing anything there. How do I get rid of this? The first thing on this menu is "Emoji". Very annoying, I think it was my little son who accidentally managed to enter a short commando and I cannot find any solution when I google this problem. Please...
  4. Position od navigation bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Position od navigation bar.: Hello everyone. I come to You all with one little(maybe not simple) question. Is any option to move the navigation bar,(You all know which I mean probably but this is the one which we are using to close and minimize our apps) to the left side instead of the right side? To be...
  5. Menu/Tool bar on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Menu/Tool bar on Google Chrome: I had the tool bar," file, print, edit, view, ect." on Google Chrome, now it's gone. How do I retrieve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/menutool-bar-on-google-chrome/1b69f504-3cb3-4175-9d31-d5860dbfd5b9
  6. Task Bar/Navigation access

Task Bar/Navigation access: I searched for answers to this question on the forum, and found some answers, but none of them worked for me. So I am posting now hoping someone can provide me some sort of assistance. I have an HP touchscreen laptop I bought last year and I upgraded from Windows 7 to...
  7. Navigation bar stopped working

Navigation bar stopped working: I purchased a new laptop but a few days later a navigation bar stopped working and I cannot open the Start menu, used various features including the Administrator of tasks...
  8. Explorer Navigation Bar Position

Explorer Navigation Bar Position: The vertical orientation of the Navigation Bar is new. Why, oh why, was it moved from orientated horizontally to vertical? Vertical orientation reduces the width of my home screen. I would like to be able to return the bar back to horizontal which might permit the ability...
  9. Menu bar in Chrome.

in Browsers and Email
    Menu bar in Chrome.: I want the usual menu at the top of the browser window. Why am I not able to do that? I also can't find the preferences that change details like the color of a selected link. 36470
  10. 'Navigation' Tab Instead of 'Sart Menu' in Task Bar Properties

'Navigation' Tab Instead of 'Sart Menu' in Task Bar Properties: I've googled this and haven't found a definitive answer. On the Task Bar and Start Menu Properties screen, my middle tab is 'Navigation'. Isn't it supposed to be 'Start Menu'??? James 24062