Windows 10: Does clean install Windows 10 affects performance on laptops?

Discus and support Does clean install Windows 10 affects performance on laptops? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I want to clean install Windows 10 What I mean by clean install is installing it from a USB boot drive due to some issues, however, I'm concerned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WaseemSibai, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Does clean install Windows 10 affects performance on laptops?

Hello I want to clean install Windows 10 What I mean by clean install is installing it from a USB boot drive due to some issues, however, I'm concerned that if I do so, windows may install drivers which are not optimized for my laptop, and will my Windows activation go away? Any help would be appreciated!Best regards,Waseem

:)

WaseemSibai, Aug 30, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 30, 2021
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 30, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Does clean install Windows 10 affects performance on laptops?

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

Thema:

Does clean install Windows 10 affects performance on laptops?

1. Does clean install Windows 10 affects performance on laptops? - Similar Threads - Does clean install

2. will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?: i want to update my laptop to windows 11 but im afraid it will affect my laptop's performance so, will it affect my laptop performance?my specs are : Ryzen 3 3250u ram 8 memory ssd 512 gb amd radeon graphics...
  3. will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?: i want to update my laptop to windows 11 but im afraid it will affect my laptop's performance so, will it affect my laptop performance?my specs are : Ryzen 3 3250u ram 8 memory ssd 512 gb amd radeon graphics...
  4. Does Transparency Affect Performance In Windows 10 21h2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Transparency Affect Performance In Windows 10 21h2?: Hi, So I've Been Wondering, If My Transparency Effects Affect My Gameplay Or Not, I've Been Looking For Articles And Somewhere In Reddit, So In Reddit, Someone Said Transparency Affect Nothing, But In Articles, It Says It Can Affect Performance, I Don't Know Which One Should...
  5. Does Transparency Affect Performance In Windows 10 21h2?

Does Transparency Affect Performance In Windows 10 21h2?: Hi, So I've Been Wondering, If My Transparency Effects Affect My Gameplay Or Not, I've Been Looking For Articles And Somewhere In Reddit, So In Reddit, Someone Said Transparency Affect Nothing, But In Articles, It Says It Can Affect Performance, I Don't Know Which One Should...
  6. Does Transparency Affect Performance In Windows 10 21h2?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sticky Notes affecting laptop performance

Sticky Notes affecting laptop performance: Hello, yesterday I decided to uninstall Sticky Notes because my laptop had grounded to a halt, and the screen even went black a couple of times for over a minute.I ran into a similar issue with Sticky Notes a couple of years ago, but I decided to give it a try after reading...
  8. Does dual-booting affect windows performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does dual-booting affect windows performance?: Note: This question is because I'm trying to diagnose the cause for low performance. Personal context: I have been using windows forever, and around 5 years back I started using ubuntu because of school and now job related work. I have also dual-booted many systems and they...
  9. Google Updater affects Laptop performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Updater affects Laptop performance: It appears that Google Updating service is affecting the performance of my lsptop. I have removed Google Chrome but the Google Updating Service is still showing in msconfig. When i disable the two entries the Laptop works perfectly. Please advise how they can be removed....
  10. Does Installing Pro Instead of Home Affects Storage and Performance?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Installing Pro Instead of Home Affects Storage and Performance?: I'm just a newbie here, so I hope someone can help me. I never need any feature of Pro that isn't included in the Home version, but if there's no difference in the storage it will take up and the performance is still the same, I'd rather install the Pro version. 31146