Windows 10: Does clean restarting your whole PC remove Viruses and malware?

Discus and support Does clean restarting your whole PC remove Viruses and malware? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/JuneManAlex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiwgsd/does_clean_restarting_your_whole_pc_remove/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JuneManAlex, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Does clean restarting your whole PC remove Viruses and malware?

/u/JuneManAlex, Mar 15, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Does clean restarting your whole PC remove Viruses and malware?

Pc viruses

My uncle brought me an old pc that has tons of malware and viruses ( he never used an anti virus).

What i was going to do was wipe the HDD clean then reinstall the os but i guess he has a lot of pictures and files he needs.

So how would i go about deleting all the bad stuff ?

I was going to do a few passes in safe mode with
    malwarebytes
    superantispyware

i will also try to get him to buy a copy of kaspersky once it gets cleaned out.

i need some suggestions if what i will be doing is right

Assassin48, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Does clean restarting your whole PC remove Viruses and malware?

1. Does clean restarting your whole PC remove Viruses and malware? - Similar Threads - Does clean restarting

2. not able to remove virus/malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to remove virus/malware: not able to remove threats on my pc windows 10 windows security i’ve tried different antivirus including the windows one but won’t clear the thread i am aware it came from chrome extensions which i have removed hope you can help thankyou...
  3. not able to remove virus/malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to remove virus/malware: not able to remove threats on my pc windows 10 windows security i’ve tried different antivirus including the windows one but won’t clear the thread i am aware it came from chrome extensions which i have removed hope you can help thankyou...
  4. not able to remove virus/malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Does Windows 11 Reset PC via Cloud download will remove malwares and viruses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 Reset PC via Cloud download will remove malwares and viruses?: Hi, I am using Windows 11 and trying to reset my PC using the Cloud download option. I am removing everything during the reset. Does this remove malwares and viruses? Thanks....
  6. Virus and Malware remove properly

Virus and Malware remove properly: Hello dear, My windows 10 device is effected by more and more virus with malware's. Kindly give me a solution to refresh my laptop. Regards @emraan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-malware-remove-properly/82b42754-e6c1-44a9-9a18-1d02e547db74
  7. Why Does My PC Get Virus' and Malware?

Why Does My PC Get Virus' and Malware?: My Windows version is 2004 (OS Build 19041.508) I recently had to take my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC to the repair shop because it took for ever to boot up and I lost my Internet connection. The technician told me the machine had all kinds of virus and malware. Many of the...
  8. Why Does My PC Get Virus' and Malware?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Does My PC Get Virus' and Malware?: My Windows version is 2004 (OS Build 19041.508) I recently had to take my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC to the repair shop because it took for ever to boot up and I lost my Internet connection. The technician told me the machine had all kinds of virus and malware. Many of the...
  9. Remove Viruses and malwares

Remove Viruses and malwares: Does removing all files and reinstalling windows 10 remove viruses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-viruses-and-malwares/613ca87a-cf46-416e-bb94-1aeeec48b11a
  10. Malware/Virus Removal

Malware/Virus Removal: I ran my command prompt through the advanced start up option to find malware or infected files in my system. The command prompt I ran was as follows: 1. C: 2. -s -h -r /s /d *.* 3. dir I received multiple access denied notifications along with numerous “The target...