Windows 10: does ClickMonitorDDC (ddc/ci) work on AMD video cards?

Discus and support does ClickMonitorDDC (ddc/ci) work on AMD video cards? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; just went from a gtx 1060 to AMD a vega 56 and all of a sudden i cant use any of my ddc/ci features anymore. i even tried other apps and all they say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xdarkmario, Jun 5, 2019.

1. does ClickMonitorDDC (ddc/ci) work on AMD video cards?

just went from a gtx 1060 to AMD a vega 56 and all of a sudden i cant use any of my ddc/ci features anymore. i even tried other apps and all they say is that they dont detect a ddc/ci monitor when my monitor defiantly is and was working fine. and regardless of the setting on the monitor it still dosent work anymore.

:)

xdarkmario, Jun 5, 2019
  2. benr_ Win User

DDC/CI and brightness keys

Thanks for the reply, but your answer is not clear.

I understand that the graphics card is ultimately responsible for sending the required signal.

But the Dell Display Monitor software already allows software driven control of the screen brightness (via an onscreen slider), suggesting that the graphics card is already behaving as expected. The user manual of the graphics card offers no further advice
    about setup of this function.

My question is really more about the Microsoft Modern Keyboard. The support page you linked to gives no information about the specific functioning of the media, volume and brightness keys on the Modern Keyboard.

With a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, a 2017 DDC/CI compatible monitor, and latest generation graphics card, I would have expected this Modern Keyboard function to "just work."

But since that is not the case, I would be very grateful if someone could suggest a way to get these elements working together as expected.

Thanks!

benr_, Jun 5, 2019
  3. benr_ Win User

I have a Dell monitor supporting DDC/CI, a Intel-based PC running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with an Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, and a new Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID.

The Modern Keyboard has brightness keys (top middle, also F7/F8 if you hold down "fn"), and the monitor can accept brightness changes via DDC/CI (works with the Dell Display Manager software). When I touch the brightness keys, I get a small overlay in the screen
    top left of the brightness "changing" (is this a Windows overlay), but the actual display brightness does not change.

Is there a way to get the brightness keys working to change the monitor brightness?

Whose technology is responsible for this? Nvidia? Microsoft? Dell?

benr_, Jun 5, 2019
  4. benr_ Win User

does ClickMonitorDDC (ddc/ci) work on AMD video cards?

From Dell: "The Dell monitor team never tested the "Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID" and its software. You should start by searching for Microsoft support."

From Nvidia: "Microsoft is in charge of display brightness as of Windows 10."

From Microsoft: "adjusting the display brightness using the keyboard keys is controlled by the graphics card installed on your device. …we suggest that you refer to the user guide of your graphics card."

From EVGA: "I'd say Dell."

benr_, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

does ClickMonitorDDC (ddc/ci) work on AMD video cards?

1. does ClickMonitorDDC (ddc/ci) work on AMD video cards? - Similar Threads - does ClickMonitorDDC ddc

2. Video capture card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video capture card not working: HI,I'm getting annoyed that my video capture card isn't getting and picture or audio from my PS5.i have tries disabling HCDP didn't do anything and power cycling, changing the power plan, doing an entire system troubleshoot to make sure nothing is outdated. I'm using a Lenovo...
  3. Video card not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video card not working: Lenovo legion y520 laptop does not work Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 video card, error 43 and "the device requires further installation", the driver was reinstalled both from the official Lenovo website, and from the Nvidia website, and through the device manager, help please...
  4. Video card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video card not working: Lenovo legion y520 laptop does not work Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 video card, error 43 and "the device requires further installation", the driver was reinstalled both from the official Lenovo website, and from the Nvidia website, and through the device manager, help please...
  5. Video card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. DDC/CI controls display brightness and other functions

DDC/CI controls display brightness and other functions: Hello: I am a display developer, I need microsoft system through the DDC/CI protocol to send custom instructions to the display device to achieve functional control of the display. So I need the corresponding API or SDK to allow me to successfully complete the development....
  7. DDC/CI controls display brightness and other functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DDC/CI controls display brightness and other functions: Hello: I am a display developer, I need microsoft system through the DDC/CI protocol to send custom instructions to the display device to achieve functional control of the display. So I need the corresponding API or SDK to allow me to successfully complete the development....
  8. DDC/CI controls display brightness and other functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. My AMD video card don't work after a windows 10 update

My AMD video card don't work after a windows 10 update: I have ATI Radeon HD4600 series video card. I used it near 2 months with 1280x1240 resolution. One day I've downloaded the new windows 10 updates and after that I've shut down the computer. Later the same day I've turned it on, but I didn't see any picture on the screen. I've...
  10. Manage Monitor Brightness (DDC/CI) with built-in brightness controls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manage Monitor Brightness (DDC/CI) with built-in brightness controls: So, I recently started using my laptop in clamshell mode to make room for a full size keyboard (Surface Keyboard). It has Windows' built-in brightness controls on the top row, but I haven't been able to find a program that can properly use DDC/CI and those keys to adjust my...