Windows 10: Does computer losing power cause damage?

Discus and support Does computer losing power cause damage? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the old days if you turned off your computer's power with the power button, or unplugged it, or took out the laptop's battery, you'd get a "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delly10, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Delly10 Win User

Does computer losing power cause damage?

In the old days if you turned off your computer's power with the power button, or unplugged it, or took out the laptop's battery, you'd get a "Windows did not shut down properly" message when you turned it back on. The implication seemed to be that what you did was improper. We never see that message anymore, but there is still a proper way to turn off your computer. I assume it's for good reason.

I've had a few instances, including once today, where the power was disconnected by accident. I accidently bumped the switch on the power strip my laptop is connected to while it was in sleep mode.

Anyway, does this do any harm at all? If not, why is there the Shutdown option in the start menu rather than just having people simply press the power button to turn the computer off?

:)

Delly10, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Anna Bol Win User

Internet connection causes computer to loose power.

Hello Cliff,

An outdated network adapter can be one possible reason for this.
    To isolate the issue, kindly provide us these details:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • How are you connected to the internet? Is it via Ethernet cable or is it wirelessly connected?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?

To help us diagnose the cause of this error, we would suggest that you follow these steps:

Step 1: Boot into safe mode and check if the issue persists

Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. To boot into safe mode, kindly follow the steps on this link.

Step 2: If issue does not persist in safe mode, we suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and check which third party application driver is causing the issue.

Follow the steps on this link to
    perform a clean boot.

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Computer Causing Power Outage?

The bathroom shouldn't be on the same circuit as your bedroom and office. It should using GFCI/RCD on a different breaker all together. If you are not I suggest you get an electrician out there to fix that ASAP. If its true the entire second floor is on one circuit I suggest you move or have it rewired. That's not only poor building but dangerous.

But I don't expect you to listen to me.

If you are going to be living where you are right now I suggest you have a dedicated line ran to your computers outlet.

TheMailMan78, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Does computer losing power cause damage?

Windows store cache is damaged

Hi,

Damaged Windows Store cache may be due to several reasons. It is possible that before you ran the Windows App troubleshooter, Windows Store is already corrupted of needs to be updated.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you restart your computer to normal startup to disable unnecessary apps that runs in the background of your computer while you are using it. This process will also reset your apps without losing data on your computer.

To restart your computer to normal startup, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type msconfig, and then click OK.
    • On the General tab,
      click the Normal Startup, and then click OK.
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Loraine Mon, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Does computer losing power cause damage?

1. Does computer losing power cause damage? - Similar Threads - Does computer losing

2. Issue with SSD after power flickered and caused PC to lose power momentarily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with SSD after power flickered and caused PC to lose power momentarily: My PC lost power momentarily during a power flicker caused during a storm.Afterwards, my PC initially would not boot Windows and was stuck in a boot loop. It would either get stuck in the boot process, or could not get passed "Preparing Automatic Repair". After about and hour...
  3. Will Power Interruptions Damage Computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Power Interruptions Damage Computer?: Folks, I have an electrical problem which is causing power in my office to be briefly interrupted. Sometimes I just loose internet connection but usually the computer looses power and restarts, or I need to power it on.this happens many times a day. Is this damaging the...
  4. Will Power Interruptions Damage Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Power Interruptions Damage Computer?: Folks, I have an electrical problem which is causing power in my office to be briefly interrupted. Sometimes I just loose internet connection but usually the computer looses power and restarts, or I need to power it on.this happens many times a day. Is this damaging the...
  5. Will Power Interruptions Damage Computer?

6. Will Power Interruption Damage Computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Power Interruption Damage Computer?: Folks, I have an electrical problem which is causing power in my office to be briefly interrupted. Sometimes I just loose internet connection but usually the computer looses power and restarts, or I need to power it on.this happens many times a day. Is this damaging the...
  7. Does Windows cause damage to SSDs, due to "a lot of writing"?

Does Windows cause damage to SSDs, due to "a lot of writing"?: Hello. I heard that the new Windows operating systems, 10 and 11, cause a lot of writing to the disk. Since NAND flash SSDs have only a limited amount of life, and only a limited amount of information can be written and erased, I want to know will Windows damage my SSD, or...
  8. Does Windows cause damage to SSDs, due to "a lot of writing"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows cause damage to SSDs, due to "a lot of writing"?: Hello. I heard that the new Windows operating systems, 10 and 11, cause a lot of writing to the disk. Since NAND flash SSDs have only a limited amount of life, and only a limited amount of information can be written and erased, I want to know will Windows damage my SSD, or...
  9. Does Clover damage my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Clover damage my computer?: I casually uploaded the installer file of latest Clover to VirusTotal and I was surprised ! https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/8d594ecee059aabea6ccbea8a6beffe684ea1a4a1e99ccb48790c585bd3ced5c/detection Too many engines has detected virus. Is Clover really danger? Does...
  10. Damage Caused By Tech Support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Damage Caused By Tech Support: Yesterday morning I had a notification saying that my Windows license was about to expire. I checked the PC, using help boards etc, to check the issue. Everything I checked said, "Windows 10 Pro - Windows is activated, but the message kept returning. I called the Microsoft...