Windows 10: Does Cortana No Longer Work?

Discus and support Does Cortana No Longer Work? in Cortana to solve the problem; Since updating Windows 10 to version 1903 last week, Cortana no longer responds. The microphone icon is gone in the search bar which I understand is... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by FamilyResearch, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Does Cortana No Longer Work?

Since updating Windows 10 to version 1903 last week, Cortana no longer responds. The microphone icon is gone in the search bar which I understand is Microsoft's doing to separate Cortana and Search. I see the circle after the search bar which is the Cortana icon, and I learned that 'Hey' is no longer needed to call on Cortana. I have tried several times to call out to Cortana by voice, it worked just one good time and after that Cortana doesn't respond, I have to click on the icon.

Is this part of the Windows 10 version 1903 update? Why does Cortana no longer respond to calling? I check my settings to make sure everything is on and enabled that should be, I checked/troubleshooted my microphone to make sure Cortana could hear me, my volume is turned up as high as possible, everything is working like it use to. Cortana doesn't respond any more, is this part of the new Windows 10 update?

:)

FamilyResearch, Jul 16, 2019

2. Cortana No longer works correctly

That is my problem: "MY STUFF" no longer shows up as a search criteria. All I get is feed-back found on the web. My computer is no longer in the search, nor is my external drive.

ChristineTimchek, Jul 17, 2019
  3. mfw884 Win User
    Cortana and Search Box no longer working after windows refresh

Hi Nachappa,

Thanks for your quick response. To answer your questions:

• Per your suggestion, I tried Safe Mode. The problems still existed in Safe Mode. As a side note - I realized in the process that my power button has disappeared from the sign in screen, so I had to activate Safe Mode from Settings. Not sure if that is
      related to the Cortana issue or not.
    • I ran sfc/scannow. It came back that there were some corrupted files, but they could not be fixed. I restarted the computer, and the search bar/Cortana still wouldn't work.
    • I ran all three Dism prompts and they all came back as having successfully completed. I restarted the computer, and the search bar/Cortana still wouldn't work.
    What would you suggest as a next step?

Thanks,

Maria

mfw884, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Does Cortana No Longer Work?

Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Does Cortana No Longer Work?

1. Does Cortana No Longer Work? - Similar Threads - Does Cortana Longer

2. Cortana does not work

in Cortana
    Cortana does not work: Cortana does not work in Windows 10 Pro: "Cortana is unavailable in the region and language you've selected". My region is set as " United States" and my language is set to English United States. For some reason I cannot turn it on. I even logged in with a Microsoft account...
  3. Cortana does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana does not work: Cortana does not work in Windows 10 Pro: "Cortana is unavailable in the region and language you've selected". My region is set as " United States" and my language is set to English United States. For some reason I cannot turn it on. I even logged in with a Microsoft account...
  4. Cortana does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana no longer working 2020 Dec

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer working 2020 Dec: Hi I used to have Cortana on my PC which allowed me to just say "Hey Cortana" and it'd help activate certain apps or set volume controls. This now no longer works. In the new app it even say "Voice activation is currently unavailable and will be included in a future...
  6. Cortana no longer working on 20h2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana no longer working on 20h2: Hi. I upgraded from 1909 to 20h2. I tried using Cortana but it says Cortana isn't available in my country. However when I was on 1909, it worked flawlessly. submitted by /u/ProGamer1151 [link] [comments]...
  7. hey cortana no longer works

in Cortana
    hey cortana no longer works: hey cortana has stopped working for a few weeks now. If I look in the settings it says "wake work invocation is currently unavailable and will be included in a future update" Even if I type anything to Cortana instead, all it does it search bing, nothing else works, no...
  8. [SOLVED] Does Cortana No Longer Work?

in Cortana
    [SOLVED] Does Cortana No Longer Work?: Since updating Windows 10 to version 1903 last week, Cortana no longer responds. The microphone icon is gone in the search bar which I understand is Microsoft's doing to separate Cortana and Search. I see the circle after the search bar which is the Cortana icon, and I...
  9. Cortana no longer working

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer working: I'm using the Harmon Kardon Invoke and for the last 2 weeks whenever I tell Cortana to "stop" it'll give me the response "Sorry. Something went wrong. Please try again later." I've hard reset the device a few times and nothing seems to work. I can't even tell her to stop a...
  10. Cortana does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana does not work: why cortana does not work on my laptop with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-does-not-work/55535354-5b52-439e-bdac-83aa6624b07c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cortana cant set reminders