Windows 10: Does "Create a system image" - Backup also save the WiFi settings of already saved WiFi...

Discus and support Does "Create a system image" - Backup also save the WiFi settings of already saved WiFi... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I plan to create a full Backup of my Laptop with Windows 10 Pro via the "Create a system image" option in the "Backup and Restore Windows 7" panel.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Markus_the_only_username, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Does "Create a system image" - Backup also save the WiFi settings of already saved WiFi...

I plan to create a full Backup of my Laptop with Windows 10 Pro via the "Create a system image" option in the "Backup and Restore Windows 7" panel.

As I recoverd it on a different machine from the same manufacturer, Dell, all the WiFi settings were gone. The PC didn't even recognize the WiFi, to which it should have automatically connected. Is it possible that the "Create a system image" Backup somehow skips the WiFi settings?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Markus_the_only_username, Sep 24, 2020

2. Creating and Saving Win 10 System Images

You can save system image either on:

• A different HDD(partition)
    • External HDD
    • CD/DVD
    I don't think there is a way to save Multiple Image backups on the same drive.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 24, 2020
  3. creating system image backup

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, please provide the information below:

• Are you creating the image backup from your computer and saving it to your external hard drive?
    • Does the same issue persist if you save the backup or recovery image directly to the computer?

Regards.

Loraine Mon, Sep 24, 2020
  4. BRYNLENOX Win User

Does "Create a system image" - Backup also save the WiFi settings of already saved WiFi...

Cannot Save WIFI Password

go to settings>network & internet>manage wifi connections>click your router>hit forget...then right click on wireless icon>open network>set up new connection or network>manually connect to wireless>put in your wireless name tab to password > check save this...it worked for me after all the other suggestions failed.hope it helps you.

BRYNLENOX, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Does "Create a system image" - Backup also save the WiFi settings of already saved WiFi...

1. Does "Create a system image" - Backup also save the WiFi settings of already saved WiFi... - Similar Threads - Does Create system

2. Does a full disk image also save account passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a full disk image also save account passwords?: Recently I changed my password to an account on my windows 10 lenovo computer. Apparently I misremembered it, since now I can't log in. I have the security questions, so I can reset the password, but I'd like to know just what the heck I set it to previously. If I create a...
  3. Does a full disk image also save account passwords?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does a full disk image also save account passwords?: Recently I changed my password to an account on my windows 10 lenovo computer. Apparently I misremembered it, since now I can't log in. I have the security questions, so I can reset the password, but I'd like to know just what the heck I set it to previously. If I create a...
  4. Does a full disk image also save account passwords?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  6. Create A System Image Backup

Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  7. Wifi settings not saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi settings not saving: Hi,My HP Elitebook laptop runs Windows 10 and used to work fine, but for the last few months will only save the details of the current wifi network. Every time I switch networks e.g., home to work the one that isn't in use is forgotten. If I look in "Manage known networks",...
  8. Wifi settings not saving

Wifi settings not saving: Hi,My HP Elitebook laptop runs Windows 10 and used to work fine, but for the last few months will only save the details of the current wifi network. Every time I switch networks e.g., home to work the one that isn't in use is forgotten. If I look in "Manage known networks",...
  9. Wifi settings not saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Create backup system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create backup system image: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...