Windows 10: Does Defender interrupt internet connection for micro seconds at a time???

Discus and support Does Defender interrupt internet connection for micro seconds at a time??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Daily I use an app that requires constant internet service. I have found that the app drops out frequently. Digging into it, the log file tells me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobCometta, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Does Defender interrupt internet connection for micro seconds at a time???

Daily I use an app that requires constant internet service. I have found that the app drops out frequently. Digging into it, the log file tells me that my internet is being interrupted for very short periods several times within 5 minutes. After rebuilding my Windows system and working my network to be as streamlined as possible, I am suspicious of Defender. I completely disabled the Defender functions and my application is running fine for several hours. What portion of Defender is killing my application? What can I do to utilize Defender such that it does not interrupt my internet?

Has anyone else seen this behavior???

Thx

Bob

:)

BobCometta, Feb 26, 2020

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Internet connectivity

Thank you for sharing more details. We would like to verify you are using the Windows Defender Firewall so we can isolate the issue. In some instances, the firewall is blocking the internet connection when using certain apps. At the same time, we also suggest
    the following methods below for initial troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter. The troubleshooter can help identify
    and repair problems automatically.

Step 2: Modify the connection settings in the Internet Options.

• In the Windows search bar, type Internet Options.
    • In the Internet Options window, go to the Connections
      tab.
    • Under the Proxy server section, untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click OK then Apply and OK
      again to save changes.
    • Launch the apps and check if you are able to connect to the internet.

After following these basic steps, let us know the outcome so we can give you additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Does Defender interrupt internet connection for micro seconds at a time???

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Does Defender interrupt internet connection for micro seconds at a time???

1. Does Defender interrupt internet connection for micro seconds at a time??? - Similar Threads - Does Defender interrupt

2. losing internet connection for few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    losing internet connection for few seconds: Hi,I'm using win 10 22H2 19045.2965. the network keeps failing to connect to the internet. It appears around 20s to 1 min. Wi-Fi is still connected, but no internet available My other device working well. Here's what I've tried so far:* Rebooting multiple times* Running...
  3. losing internet connection for few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    losing internet connection for few seconds: Hi,I'm using win 10 22H2 19045.2965. the network keeps failing to connect to the internet. It appears around 20s to 1 min. Wi-Fi is still connected, but no internet available My other device working well. Here's what I've tried so far:* Rebooting multiple times* Running...
  4. losing internet connection for few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. internet connection keeps interrupting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection keeps interrupting: Im playing games and my internet keeps in dropping. I get fps and ping that will make my game disconnected everytime. It didnt happen before. I have a stable network connection connected in wired....
  6. internet connection keeps interrupting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection keeps interrupting: Im playing games and my internet keeps in dropping. I get fps and ping that will make my game disconnected everytime. It didnt happen before. I have a stable network connection connected in wired....
  7. internet connection keeps interrupting

8. No connection+connection interrupted all the time?

No connection+connection interrupted all the time?: Thank you in advance to everyone who is helping me out. I have a hp omen gaming pc on windows ten, and when i connect to wifi and try to use google, steam, discord and probably anything, it says offline or no connection. On google it says my connection was interupted. I have...
  9. internet connection gets interrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    internet connection gets interrupted: After the recent update my internet connection gets interrupted so it became difficult to get access to some websites. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/internet-connection-gets-interrupted/2f579ba1-ae8f-486e-88d1-37ab6dc51740
  10. terrible internet connection time

in Windows 10 Support
    terrible internet connection time: Download Speed 5-20 Mbps; CPU < 20%; Memory < 75%; Win 10; anti-virus internet protection off; no viruses found; trouble shooter does not find any connection problems; connecting to links dreadful often taking over 10 minutes 45428