Windows 10: Does Deleing Windows Protection History also Remove Viruses?

Discus and support Does Deleing Windows Protection History also Remove Viruses? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So when i delete my windows protection history does it delete the files? [Original Title: Virus]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by St0Rmz69, May 18, 2020.

1. St0Rmz69 Win User

Does Deleing Windows Protection History also Remove Viruses?

So when i delete my windows protection history does it delete the files?

[Original Title: Virus]

:)

St0Rmz69, May 18, 2020
  2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, May 18, 2020
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Unable to remove Viruses

Hi Tony,

I appreciate for performing the steps to fix the issue.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing.

This issue might occur due to downloading games from a website without any safety precautions on your PC.

Please follow below mentioned issue to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run Microsoft Safety Scanner on your PC to scan and fix the viruses on your PC.

Please refer below link to run the Microsoft Safety Scanner.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Note: All your files that are corrupted or virus attached will be deleted while you run Microsoft Safety Scanner.

Method 2:

Step 1: Install Windows Updates and run a full System Scan using
    Windows Defender.

To install Windows Update,

Navigate to “Start->Settings->Updates and Security->Windows update->check for updates->Install updates”.

Or

• Press “Windows key + R” and type
      “control update”
      and press ok.

• Click on check for updates option and click on
      Install updates.
    To run Windows Defender,

• Navigate to “Start->Settings-> Updates and Security->Windows Defender->open Windows Defender”.

• Select the option “full” under
      “scan option”
      and click on “scan now”.
    Note: time taken to scan your full system depends on the size of the file you have on your PC.

Step 2: Uninstall unknown programs.

I would suggest you to check, if any unknown programs are installed on your PC.

• Press “Windows key + X” from your keyboard and click on
      “Control panel”.

• Change to “Large Icon” under “View by” (you will see at right top corner of the windows).

• Click on “Programs and Features” option.

• Select and right click on the unknown programs (if installed) and click on
      uninstall/remove.
    I would like to inform that usually Appdata folder will be hidden, please refer to below link to
    unhide files and folders on Windows 10.

Please follow below mentioned steps to unhide files and folder.

• Press “Windows key + E” from your keyboard.

• Go to the tab View->check “Hidden” option.
    Please get back to us with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Swapna S, May 18, 2020
  4. Does Deleing Windows Protection History also Remove Viruses?

Is windows defender is enough to protect my pc from viruses?

Is windows defender is enough to protect my pc from viruses? Because windows defender is not able to remove malwares then I've installed malwarebytes to protect my pc.

[Original Title: Viruses & Malwares.]

PranavKumar_913, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Does Deleing Windows Protection History also Remove Viruses?

1. Does Deleing Windows Protection History also Remove Viruses? - Similar Threads - Does Deleing Protection

2. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History: I have Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251.Under Virus & Threat Protection there is PUA:Win32/Solvusoft. How do I remove this without me personally touching registries? I do not want to manually touch registries. I already deleted the file download that triggered this....
  3. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History: I have Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251.Under Virus & Threat Protection there is PUA:Win32/Solvusoft. How do I remove this without me personally touching registries? I do not want to manually touch registries. I already deleted the file download that triggered this....
  4. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Does "Remove" in Windows Security protection history means "Delete" or it just don't care...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does "Remove" in Windows Security protection history means "Delete" or it just don't care...: I had these while Full scanning my laptop and I clicked on "Remove" button then did Full scan again, it shows no threats, I also tried many other Anti-virus applications and they show the same. I tried to track the directory showed in Windows Security after scanning but got...
  6. Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?

Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?: My protection history was filled forever, to the point it would sometimes crash if I opened it and now it's all cleared does windows automatically clear protection history?...
  7. Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?

Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?: Hi,I've scanned two things in the past as malware thanks to Windows Security one of which were a false positive - came from a game called Genshin Impact that is attached to cache files, and the other you can see from my post history Bluteal!A. Today, I went to see my...
  8. How to remove Protection history of Windows Defender

How to remove Protection history of Windows Defender: Hello, I had some apps, which were blocked by Windows Defender. This was totally fine for me. In my protection history I can see 5 apps from the last half year, which were blocked and removed Status: Removed. The last one is from beginning of February. When I start my...
  9. windows protection history

windows protection history: My PC has got attack because of clicking windows protection history. How can I remove windows protection history from my PC permenantly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-protection-history/12db29a2-cf4d-4eaa-8229-c88ccb961068
  10. windows defender virus and protection history issue

windows defender virus and protection history issue: hello I did a scan and found the trojan virus I did not understand whether the virus was deleted and I was wondering how to delete the other topic protection history ?[ATTACH]...