Windows 10: Does deleting a local account on windows 10 completely get rid of that local account...

Discus and support Does deleting a local account on windows 10 completely get rid of that local account... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've created an extra local standard account by mistake that I don't really need after I wiped and reinstalled windows 10 on my pc in an effort to make... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AbrahamA1, Sep 25, 2018.

1. AbrahamA1 Win User

Does deleting a local account on windows 10 completely get rid of that local account...

I've created an extra local standard account by mistake that I don't really need after I wiped and reinstalled windows 10 on my pc in an effort to make it completely secure. I have two other accounts on my desktop that are my main local standard account and my admin account (don't really use the admin account either) that I intend to keep. I've already redownloaded private internet access, malwarebytes and adwcleaner on this extra local standard account just as I have downloaded on my other main standard account and admin account. (not sure if it makes sense to do that or not)

Does deleting a local standard account and its files on windows 10 completely get rid of the local account? What happens to that local standard account after its deleted?

What if I decide to keep the files for the local standard account? Will it make my computer more vulnerable to virus, malware or hackers?

Alternatively does keeping said local standard account on my computer without ever using it create some sort of security vulnerability on my computer? Do I have to login to this extra local standard account to scan and update it every month or something?

FYI: I am not that computer literate and I've recently been dealing with paranoia on the internet due to some incidences in the past with fraud and identity theft. Any insight is appreciated.

:)

AbrahamA1, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Does deleting a local account on windows 10 completely get rid of that local account... :(

Zakin, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Does deleting a local account on windows 10 completely get rid of that local account...

Delete Local account and How can I get rid of this "Microsoft Account"?

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are tryin to remove that Microsoft account password login. We will help you.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• When you say, delete my Microsoft Account do you wish to switch to Local account from Microsoft account?
    • Do you wish to delete the any other accounts which has been added?
    We cannot delete Microsoft account when we have logged in to the system. However we can switch to Local account from MS account.

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search
      in taskbar and type account.

• Click on Accounts.

• Now, under Your account, click on
      Sign in with Local account instead.

• Enter your Microsoft account password
      for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.

• Enter User name credentials for your the Local account
      and click OK.

• Now, login to Local account.
    Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Does deleting a local account on windows 10 completely get rid of that local account...

1. Does deleting a local account on windows 10 completely get rid of that local account... - Similar Threads - Does deleting local

2. deleting a local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    deleting a local account: I have opened a local user account in the name of 'some one'. I want to rimove it. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-local-account/50c674b2-8228-40db-884e-ede446a35ffa
  3. deleting a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting a local account: I have opened a local user account in the name of 'some one'. I want to rimove it. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-local-account/50c674b2-8228-40db-884e-ede446a35ffa
  4. deleting a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete local account isssue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete local account isssue: We just finished building my new desktop, and my partner did a win10 install while I was occupied. When setting up Windows, he was forced to set up a local account because the motherboard had no net drivers and could not access the internet/sign into an account. He was able...
  6. Microsoft to Local account then delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft to Local account then delete: Hi Microsoft Community: Appreciate if anyone can help me with this question: I needed to borrow my friend's computer so she added an account for me to that computer. At that time I used my Microsoft account. Then after using it for a while, I logged out/switched that...
  7. deleting local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleting local account: hi i have a trouble finding my another local account in the setting tab i went researching about my problem but none of them have the answer is their other way to find local account and delete them because i want to delete it to make my laptop fast because this is kind of old...
  8. Deleting an Local Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting an Local Administrator Account: Hello I have bluntly created an local administrator account, and when I have logged in with that new account I do see my original AC as an administrator and gives me an option to remove that ac..However When I login with the old account I do not see the newly created ac...! I...
  9. Local account deleted?

Local account deleted?: Hi, My computer crashed and when it rebooted, it required me to login with my Microsoft account. Now, this computer has had a local account since I got it 5 or 6 years ago. I have never used the Microsoft account on this computer. Trying to switch back to the local...
  10. Local Account Deleted

Local Account Deleted: I enabled hidden Administrator account and latter accidentally deleted my local account*Doh which caused me some data loss. I only care about videos which were there in downloads folder. Are there any chances of their recovery? Regards! 45654