Windows 10: Does deleting Device driver packages mean you can't rollback to the previous driver?

Discus and support Does deleting Device driver packages mean you can't rollback to the previous driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am in the process of deleting junk files to free up storage, and I notice that Settings gives me an option to delete Device driver packages? If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlieWard1, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Does deleting Device driver packages mean you can't rollback to the previous driver?

I am in the process of deleting junk files to free up storage, and I notice that Settings gives me an option to delete Device driver packages? If I delete these files, does that mean that I won't be able to rollback to a previous driver if something goes wrong with a current one?

:)

CharlieWard1, Mar 17, 2020

2. Ethernet Driver is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

If you have not yet tried this then I suggest you to follow this step to test if that helps.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see the Network Adaptor.

• Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

• In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the default device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10. USB Device Driver Installation problem

Hi Lex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    Error code 28 indicates that the drivers for that device are not installed.

As of now I suggest you to restore the drivers to previous version by rolling back. To restore a driver to its previous version, kindly follow the below given steps.

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

• Press Windows key + X
      and then click on Device Manager.
    • Double-click the category containing your device driver, and then double-click the name of the device that you want to restore to a previous driver version.
    • Click the Driver tab, and then click
      Roll Back Driver.
    If you are logged on as a standard user, the button will be dimmed, which means it's unavailable. You must be logged on as an administrator to roll back a driver.

Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Does deleting Device driver packages mean you can't rollback to the previous driver?

Completely remove nikon D800 camera driver and reinstall windows default

I have already tried the steps suggested. Specifically I have removed the driver packages from the driver store by clicking on
    Delete the driver software for this device.

However when I reconnect my device it install the same drivers as I have just deleted in the previous step. I have tried restarting my machine before reconnecting my device but this does not help.

SteveCaballero, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Does deleting Device driver packages mean you can't rollback to the previous driver?

1. Does deleting Device driver packages mean you can't rollback to the previous driver? - Similar Threads - Does deleting Device

2. Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.: I need to delete a printer driver package.windows>settings>devices>printers&scanners>select printer>removethenwindows>settings>devices>printers&scanners>print server properties>drivers>select driver>remove> remove driver and driver package>ok>yesresult: Failed to remove...
  3. Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.: I need to delete a printer driver package.windows>settings>devices>printers&scanners>select printer>removethenwindows>settings>devices>printers&scanners>print server properties>drivers>select driver>remove> remove driver and driver package>ok>yesresult: Failed to remove...
  4. Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. rollback to previous sound output device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rollback to previous sound output device.: I accidentally changed an speaker output device and MS has changed the device names the former advice on my problem does not locate what I think I need help with....
  6. rollback to previous sound output device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rollback to previous sound output device.: I accidentally changed an speaker output device and MS has changed the device names the former advice on my problem does not locate what I think I need help with....
  7. rollback to previous sound output device.

8. USB driver rollback

USB driver rollback: Hello, I have an MP3 player that is not being recognized by my computer ever since a USB 3.0 extensible host controller driver update on 03JUN20. The roll back driver option is grayed out, and I can't seem to find an old version of this driver anywhere. Can anybody tell me...
  9. No Rollback driver option

No Rollback driver option: Hi, My Camera keeps switching on and off, so I tried to update my driver and follow the instructions in the guide, but the rollback driver option is not highli[ATTACH]ghted. Am attaching a Screenshot, can you please help me ASAP as I have interviews going on....
  10. Driver Rollback unavailable in Device Manager

Driver Rollback unavailable in Device Manager: The driver rollback is grayed out (unavailable) for devices in the Device Manager. From what I find doing a search, the user must be an "Administrator" or it will be unavailable. My account is an Administrator account. What do I have to change to fix this? 30211