Windows 10: does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version...

Discus and support does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version is genuine 365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RahulSharma_2018, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:22 AM.

1. does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version...

does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version is genuine 365

:)

RahulSharma_2018, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:22 AM

2. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14198/windows-7-dictate-text-using-speech-recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

3. Windows 10 version of Office has disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which version of office have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to go to follow the below steps to search the office apps on your computer and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”, go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “Programs and features”.
    • Check whether you can find office app located in programs list or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:23 AM
  4. Ahhzz Win User

does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version...

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Thema:

does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version...

1. does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version... - Similar Threads - does Dictate functionality

2. Does anything work

in Windows 10 Support
    Does anything work: I know I am new to Windows 10 and I have used windows of some kind for over 30 years. Right now I am freaking confused. I have only had Windows 10 for just over a week. For a week I have been trying to install Office and get the 1935 every time. Microsoft has no plan to fix...
  3. Does anythig work

in Windows 10 Support
    Does anythig work: I know I am new to Windows 10 and I have using windows of some kind 30 years. Right now I am freaking confused. I have only had Windows 10 for just over a week. For a week I have been trying to install Office and get the 1935 every time. I was going to use Google Docs...
  4. Dictation not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictation not working.: When dictating into a document, the dictation box pops up. I do not want to use the dictation box. When I go back to my document, it says in the dragonbar that I can dictate and use voice commands, but then my voice command is not transcribed into the document where I want...
  5. Why does new versions of windows does not work properly with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does new versions of windows does not work properly with my laptop?: Hello. So my laptop had always worked fine until I've updated it to a new version once and then blue screen error problems started, it was at first simple as one blue screen error every few days or so and with more updates it got worse until the point of a blue screen error...
  6. File Explorer opens but does not function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer opens but does not function: I have all the current Windows 10 Home 64-bit updates. File Explorer opens with its main screen but no files are listed in the main file listing window. Instead the message 'working on it' appears t the top of the Window and the spinning blue disc spins away. None of the...
  7. Does the Synced theme even work anymore with the recent updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does the Synced theme even work anymore with the recent updates?: I am having trouble changing the synced theme in windows 10. I have a surface pro and a desktop. I was changing the background to my laptop and it showed up as a custom theme in the personalization theme settings. I tried everything but the synced theme just stays with the...
  8. D3doverrider does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D3doverrider does not work: I have an Intel card which has no option to enable triple buffering. Is there a way I can get it working since d3doverrider no longer works on Windows 10? The only option I have found so far is to use borderless Windows, but of course that degrades performance slightly so...
  9. Chrome does not work

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome does not work: I installed Windows 10 and started to use my chrome browser. I cannot download webpages, infinite waiting time after the first page shows, cannot scroll down or click on a link. It is like a frozen tab. I reinstalled Chrome, nothing changed. Two webpages fine, the third...
  10. Proxy Explorer window search function does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Proxy Explorer window search function does not work: As the title implies, the search function on the Explore window does not work but only when Explore is being used by another program to open a file. That is a if I were to open Explore by itself I can search just fine. If on the other hand I open up a program and the program...