Windows 10: does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version...

Discus and support does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version is genuine 365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RahulSharma_2018, Dec 6, 2018.

1. does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version...

does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version is genuine 365

:)

RahulSharma_2018, Dec 6, 2018

2. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14198/windows-7-dictate-text-using-speech-recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 version of Office has disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which version of office have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to go to follow the below steps to search the office apps on your computer and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”, go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “Programs and features”.
    • Check whether you can find office app located in programs list or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version...

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version...

1. does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version... - Similar Threads - does Dictate functionality

2. Search function does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function does not work properly: When I use the search function from the start menù it shows only a tiny fractions of all the result. It is completely broken. In particular it seems impossible to search in the C:/Program Files.How can I solve? I don't have any directory in the "exception"part, I don't have...
  3. Speech dictation does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech dictation does not work: Hi, I encountered a problem with dictation.I have been using this dictation for a long time, but these days it does not work with the prompt "You'll need the Internet for this." But the Internet connection is good and I also opened this function. Another information is that I...
  4. Speech dictation does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech dictation does not work: Hi, I encountered a problem with dictation.I have been using this dictation for a long time, but these days it does not work with the prompt "You'll need the Internet for this." But the Internet connection is good and I also opened this function. Another information is that I...
  5. Page Down function does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Page Down function does not work: So I ran into this really odd thing where the Page Down button doesn't do anything on my computer.Things I have tried:I have a Razer keyboard, so I uninstalled all of the Razer software, but it didn't fix it. I connected my keyboard to my work laptop, and it works fine there....
  6. Windows dictation sometimes does not respond

in Cortana
    Windows dictation sometimes does not respond: I use dictation a lot. When I press the windows+h keys, the box pops up that says, "listening" I say something, but it does not type anything. I press windows+h key again to close. No "bloop" sounds this time. I press windows+h keys again to open the dialogue box. No bloop...
  7. Search Function Does not Work in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search Function Does not Work in Windows 10: I have an unanswered followup question in another string, but it seems starting a new question may get results. For about a month, the search function in File Explorer and Win + S and Contana have not worked - I cannot type in the search box. Based on the number of...
  8. Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search: Hello! In Windows Search Win key + S the calculator, currency converter and other capabilities does not work for me.When I say it for Cortana it works, but in most cases typing would be better. Cortana is enabled and running, but somehow it does not integrate with Search....
  9. Diarium dictation does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diarium dictation does not work: I just bought Diarium Premium because the description said it handles audio dictation. However, when I click the Diarium microphone icon for dictation, it just says 'Listening....' and nothing happens when I talk into my microphone. Using the same microphone, I can create,...
  10. Does CloneApp even work?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Does CloneApp even work?: Just going thru a new workstation build and came across this app - thinking it would excellent for transferring settings from the old machine to the new one. I let it "backup" the 50 or so apps that I have in play and then built out the new machine. Tested it with Chrome...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW TO RESTORE DICTATE BACK IN OFFICE 2019