Windows 10: does disabling internet stop a RAT? or how to completely remove a RAT?

Discus and support does disabling internet stop a RAT? or how to completely remove a RAT? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so my pc is infected with a RAT im pretty sure, and i scanned my pc with malwarebytes and it detected some stuff that appears to be the rat. though im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hedts, Jun 19, 2020.

1. /u/Hedts Win User

does disabling internet stop a RAT? or how to completely remove a RAT?

so my pc is infected with a RAT im pretty sure, and i scanned my pc with malwarebytes and it detected some stuff that appears to be the rat. though im not 100% sure if everything is gone. and i heard disabling the internet will stop the hacker from accessing your computer. is that true?

submitted by /u/Hedts
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hedts, Jun 19, 2020

2. How to Remove RAT

I'm not sure if these Revenge-RAT v0.3 file detections have anything to do with what you are having:

What is this exe file? Is this file safe? Check here

When you're clicking on the red "Not trusted" you'll see more details and also links to respective VirusTotal scans.

Suggestion to run the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, see item 3 here:
    List of Malware Removal Tools

Perhaps it's best to ask for free expert help in a specialized forum, see i.e. here:

Might be best to do a clean reinstall, please do read through
    this
    thread.

Jsssssssss, Jun 19, 2020
  3. FrankF2 Win User
    Will defender remove the rat virus?

I received an email stating that my computer is infected with a rat virus and requesting money to remove it? How do i check this and remove it?

FrankF2, Jun 19, 2020
  4. modysd Win User

ARE WE LAB RATS FOR NOKIA?

but RATS get mobiles for free

we are not RATS becouse we bay to be RATS

modysd, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. does disabling internet stop a RAT? or how to completely remove a RAT? - Similar Threads - does disabling internet

2. DataExchangeHost.exe, signs of rat?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DataExchangeHost.exe, signs of rat?: I've noticed that DataExchangeHost.exe is running on my computer, and I'm unsure if this is a normal process or a sign of an infection. I've never used a virtual machine or an emulator before, so I'm a bit uncertain about what's going on....
  3. DataExchangeHost.exe, signs of rat?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DataExchangeHost.exe, signs of rat?: I've noticed that DataExchangeHost.exe is running on my computer, and I'm unsure if this is a normal process or a sign of an infection. I've never used a virtual machine or an emulator before, so I'm a bit uncertain about what's going on....
  4. Possible RAT

Possible RAT: Hello,I am just now questioning that a RAT may still be in my computer, on the 12th of Feb I had a RAT that had gained access to my computer and stole all my passwords and sent it in an email to me, I thought I had deleted it but today I recieved an email from Sony where...
  5. Possible RAT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible RAT: Hello,I am just now questioning that a RAT may still be in my computer, on the 12th of Feb I had a RAT that had gained access to my computer and stole all my passwords and sent it in an email to me, I thought I had deleted it but today I recieved an email from Sony where...
  6. Possible RAT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I have a persistant RAT.

I have a persistant RAT.: Hi, I have a persistent RAT virus on my PC.They have moved my mouse around like it's jumping all over the screen. I have tried every anti-malware to remove it, have zero'd out my drives, and have tried reinstalling Windows about ten different times. I think it is hidden in...
  8. ratting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ratting: So my old pc was ratted so I factory rest it 2-3 times and ran malware bytes and it still seems to be ratted is there anything I can do to make sure that its 100% off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ratting/8a0a6945-d64e-4739-bc25-99c63a436242
  9. RAT virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAT virus: Hey guys, earlier yesterday i believe my pc got infected by a RAT keylogger from something i downloaded and ended up crashing a game of mine and stealing everything in it by bypassing 2 factor authentication and a pin i had. Reasons why im pretty sure its a RAT: 1.) I use...
  10. Ratted, pls help!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ratted, pls help!!: I got ratted. As soon as I open my pc, the attacker takes control and prevents me from doing anything. What can i do?? submitted by /u/OliDaKilla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9j3dm/ratted_pls_help/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Will disabling internet stop a ratted PC?

2. Turning off Internet rat

3. remove wifi rat