Windows 10: Does DOSvc download anything other than Windows Updates?

Discus and support Does DOSvc download anything other than Windows Updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date. I'm on build 18363.836, but dosvc has downloaded over 40GBs today alone and it's still downloading.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Astonz, May 17, 2020.

1. Astonz Win User

Does DOSvc download anything other than Windows Updates?

Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date. I'm on build 18363.836, but dosvc has downloaded over 40GBs today alone and it's still downloading.

What could be that large that it's downloading? That's about as large as Windows 10 in its entirety.

Does DOSvc download anything other than Windows Updates? 8f49f532-6e4c-4b4b-9e8b-e9cd17bc3a06?upload=true.jpg

:)

Astonz, May 17, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, May 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, May 17, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Does DOSvc download anything other than Windows Updates? - Similar Threads - Does DOSvc download

2. Suddenly unable to set monitor to anything other than 60hz in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly unable to set monitor to anything other than 60hz in windows: So all of a sudden I noticed tearing in a game at around 100fps when it should have been dealt with by freesync. Then looked through computer and found that my refresh rate had suddenly become 60hz. I am on a 144hz monitor connected via display port. When I go to advanced...
  3. Suddenly unable to set monitor to anything other than 60hz in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly unable to set monitor to anything other than 60hz in windows: So all of a sudden I noticed tearing in a game at around 100fps when it should have been dealt with by freesync. Then looked through computer and found that my refresh rate had suddenly become 60hz. I am on a 144hz monitor connected via display port. When I go to advanced...
  4. Why does iTunes keep doing this?…I’m not even using it for anything other than cable...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does iTunes keep doing this?…I’m not even using it for anything other than cable...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goddy21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xbpdmb/why_does_itunes_keep_doing_thisim_not_even_using/
  5. Associating .jpg files to anything other than MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Associating .jpg files to anything other than MS Photos: I can't change the default file association for .jpg files. The normal routes don't work:Settings/ Apps/ Default Apps/ Enter a Default Type. When you type in .jpg, nothing appears in the "Choose default" field. In fact, nothing appears for any photo or movie extension....
  6. Associating .jpg files to anything other than MS Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Associating .jpg files to anything other than MS Photos: I can't change the default file association for .jpg files. The normal routes don't work:Settings/ Apps/ Default Apps/ Enter a Default Type. When you type in .jpg, nothing appears in the "Choose default" field. In fact, nothing appears for any photo or movie extension....
  7. Can't resize any windows to anything other than full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't resize any windows to anything other than full screen: My mom is running Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 and she can't resize any windows with the corner, 90% of her windows don't have a resize button, and she can only snap left and right with windows. I've messed with all the settings I can think of and nothing has...
  8. Computer won't do anything other than

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't do anything other than: Helping a friend with his laptop ! When it starts up it goes to the 4 blue windows in the middle of screen with a bunch of dots spinning, then it flashes "attempting to recover installation" then it flashes "Undo changes to this computer" ! Any thoughts on this ?? Thanks...
  9. Master audio doesnt do anything other than mute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master audio doesnt do anything other than mute: I've run into a problem, my master audio doesn't do anything other than mute all sound. App audio isn't dependant on the master volume, so I can't change the volume of anything without manually going into the sound mixer and setting the volume of an app to a needed level. I...
  10. Can't Access Anything Other than Internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Access Anything Other than Internet: I can't access any programs except Google which is on my desktop or task manager. When I click on the windows button nothing happens. Also I can't type in the "type to search" area. I have Webroot installed and McAfee which I supposedly uninstalled but is still popping up....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com