Windows 10: Does downgrading Windows from Enterprise LTSC to Professional keep my personal files?

Discus and support Does downgrading Windows from Enterprise LTSC to Professional keep my personal files? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey there! My friend recently got back his PC that was formatted by a technician. The problem is that he installed Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC on it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Francesco Brignoli, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Does downgrading Windows from Enterprise LTSC to Professional keep my personal files?

Hey there!

My friend recently got back his PC that was formatted by a technician. The problem is that he installed Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC on it, which isn't okay with him, because he has to use the Microsoft Store.

We want to downgrade it to Windows 10 Professional, and we want to use the Media Creation Tool, but we don't know if that is going to keep his personal files or not.

So, does the media creation tool keep your personal files when downgrading from Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to Windows 10 Pro?

Thanks in advance,

-Francesco

:)

Francesco Brignoli, Jan 11, 2020
  2. qyzylqozy Win User

How do I downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to Home Basic

I've bought used laptop and it came with a licensed Windows Enterprise LTSC and now I want to downgrade to Home version. Is it possible to do Clean Install using USB Drive by formating the Hard Drive and purchasing new Home Basic Windows 10?

qyzylqozy, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Enterprise

I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition installed on my machine. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free. Can I downgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 7 Professional and then further upgrade it to Windows 10 Professional for free? I have valid Windows
    7 Professional keys with me.

In the whole process of downgrading and upgrading, I want to retain all Windows settings and personal user file.

Please suggest!!

If it is possible, please suggest the ways I can accomplish it.

Thanks in adv.

SapanManjhi, Jan 11, 2020
  4. bl4kh4k Win User

Does downgrading Windows from Enterprise LTSC to Professional keep my personal files?

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise with key

I know there are ways to downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Window 10 Professional with suggestions like this here: Is there a way to downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

However, I'm wondering if its just easier to enter a license key! Are there any ramifications to just entering a new license key into Windows 10 and then rebooting to activate Pro and leave Enterprise?

Also I'm aware of Enterprise being installed for a reason due to being installed by IT from a company in question however... doesn't apply here.

bl4kh4k, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Does downgrading Windows from Enterprise LTSC to Professional keep my personal files?

1. Does downgrading Windows from Enterprise LTSC to Professional keep my personal files? - Similar Threads - Does downgrading Enterprise

2. How can I downgrade from windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I downgrade from windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to windows 10 pro?: I redownloaded Windows on my old PC, and I wanted to activate Windows on it. It came with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC and I read somewhere that I could downgrade to Windows 10 Pro by just changing the product key. But whenever I do this it comes up with the error code...
  3. How can I downgrade from windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I downgrade from windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to windows 10 pro?: I redownloaded Windows on my old PC, and I wanted to activate Windows on it. It came with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC and I read somewhere that I could downgrade to Windows 10 Pro by just changing the product key. But whenever I do this it comes up with the error code...
  4. How can I downgrade from windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise edition LTSC to Windows 10 personal

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise edition LTSC to Windows 10 personal: So a while back I got a flash drive with windows 10 enterprise at the time I didn't know. Now it is stuck on version 1809 and I want to upgrade it to personal windows 10 So I could play things like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 which requires a newer version of windows 10 to...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise edition LTSC to Windows 10 personal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Enterprise edition LTSC to Windows 10 personal: So a while back I got a flash drive with windows 10 enterprise at the time I didn't know. Now it is stuck on version 1809 and I want to upgrade it to personal windows 10 So I could play things like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 which requires a newer version of windows 10 to...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise edition LTSC to Windows 10 personal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Window 10 enterprise LTSC 1809 downgrade to Pro version

Window 10 enterprise LTSC 1809 downgrade to Pro version: Dear all, I have a one issue when downgrading the enterprise 1809 LTSC version to Pro with Window 10 Pro key. In change product key section, Pro key is rejected and not working any more. Please kindly suggest the way to downgrade to Pro version without formatting and...
  9. Issues downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Professional

Issues downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Professional: HGello I need help to downgrade my Windows 10 Enterprise that I can't activate, to a Windows 10 Professional 64 bit UK, that was originally activated on my machine from the store I purchased my desktop. I purchased it with that windows version originally on it and was...
  10. How do I downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to Home Basic

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to Home Basic: I've bought used laptop and it came with a licensed Windows Enterprise LTSC and now I want to downgrade to Home version. Is it possible to do Clean Install using USB Drive by formating the Hard Drive and purchasing new Home Basic Windows 10?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to downgrade windows 10 enterprise ltsc to professional