Windows 10: Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc

Discus and support Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It's said CD / DVD / VCD is read by laser , and never touch the disc physcially, and so it would never scratch the disc and cause any data rot to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tsw88, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc

It's said CD / DVD / VCD is read by laser , and never touch the disc physcially, and so it would

never scratch the disc and cause any data rot to the disc, is that true?

My discs are more expensive than the DVD writer...

:)

Tsw88, Jun 3, 2019

2. DVD player unable to play DVD

Hello Basudev,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you with some useful information from here.

A DVD may not play properly in some DVD players or DVD-ROM drives for any of the following reasons:

• The disc type may not be compatible. Some DVD players or DVD-ROM drives can only play certain kinds of DVDs. For example, some DVD players only play DVD+R or DVD+RW discs, while others only play DVD-R or DVD-RW discs.
    • The disc format may not be compatible. If you burn a DVD using the PAL format, you will not be able to play that DVD using a player that only supports the NTSC format, and vice versa.
    • The disc quality may be too low. Some DVD players or DVD-ROM drives will not play DVDs if the disc is not in good repair or if it is not a high-quality disc. If your player can't play a DVD, you can try burning it again using a higher-quality DVD.

To determine what types of DVDs your DVD player or DVD-ROM drive can play, check the documentation that came with your device or go to the manufacturer's website.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us again.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc

Cd Rom / Dvd Writer

Hi,

I have both Samsung CD ROM & LG DVD Writer(Both are internal). Since some days CD ROM is getting opened and trying to get closed all by its own.

I removed the power cord of CD ROM & again connected. This time it is not showing both the drives. It is showing only 1 drive and if i right click on that drive and select eject, both the drives are getting opened.

Is it anything related to virus? Do i need to install OS once again.

Pls Suggest

psreekant10, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc

1. Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc - Similar Threads - Does DVD player

2. CD Rom CD/DVD Writer Cdfs.sys File disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Rom CD/DVD Writer Cdfs.sys File disabled: cdfs.sys file always stops working.I am dual booting with Win 10 and 11 19044 22000. Latest updates.The Machine came with preinstalled Win 10 1909. Hp Notebook. The manufacturer only guarantees that the CD will work with that version and they are aware of the constant bugs...
  3. does the new windows player app ,support DVD-ROM

does the new windows player app ,support DVD-ROM: does the new windows player app ,support DVD-ROM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-new-windows-player-app-support-dvd-rom/aa15f3b3-2045-49aa-ade4-224f9454e569
  4. how quickly does your dvd writer recognize your dvd+rw discs/

how quickly does your dvd writer recognize your dvd+rw discs/: this LG multi light scribe writer is faster on DVD movies and burned ISO files, but can take maybe a minute to recognize a DVD+RW when used as a usb flash drive (as win10 describes it) after sticking it in. Is that typical? 171972
  5. Can't read dvd on centrix usb dvd-rom player

Can't read dvd on centrix usb dvd-rom player: I have a centrix usb dvd player that works fine on my old toshiba laptop reads and installs programs but my new computer an hp pavillion x360 recognizes the dvd player in device manager and indicates everything is working fine but when put a dvd disk in there it wont read...
  6. External DVD writer

External DVD writer: I have a Samsung external DVD writer model SE-S084 connected on my system and I can't write to a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-writer/0c0230c0-a010-4549-80e3-cf214bd71676
  7. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I bought DVD+R to burn files to with my DVD Writer and the disks are unusable. What is the proper type DVD Disks to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-writer/291ebd36-15de-49be-9aee-7cf30dca0515
  8. dvd rom

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd rom: Hi.What program from Microsoft for dvd rom windows 10 os from dell> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rom/8dd17d1b-790a-4b2d-8c4c-a18415102b41
  9. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I recently had to buy a new laptop. It is a very nice Asus but doesn't have the CD drive I had in my old computer. I was sold a DVD Writer. Can I play my music CD's on this Writer?...
  10. Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player

Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player: Is there a compatible external cd/dvd writer/player that supports Windows 10? The only ones I see are supported up to Windows 8. 20991