Windows 10: Does Edge have an Option to Start New Window in a seperate Process?

Discus and support Does Edge have an Option to Start New Window in a seperate Process? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Internet Explorer had an option to start new windows in a separate process. Does Edge have this option hidden somewhere? I have an issue where I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by IsaacFL, Oct 12, 2016.

1. IsaacFL Win User

Does Edge have an Option to Start New Window in a seperate Process?

Internet Explorer had an option to start new windows in a separate process. Does Edge have this option hidden somewhere?

I have an issue where I will have multiple Edge windows open and if something causes a page to crash (usually opening Google), every Edge Window page, also crashes.

On related note, why does Google cause Edge to crash so much? Since Windows Anniversary.

:)

IsaacFL, Oct 12, 2016
  2. bioya1 Win User

EDGE does not have an EXPORT FAVORITES option

I want to back up my EDGE favorites. I get into EDGE, more, settings, view favorites settings. I see an import option but no export option. Can we not export our favorites under Edge? If so, how?

Thanks, Bob

bioya1, Oct 12, 2016
  3. graye Win User
    EDGE does not have an EXPORT FAVORITES option

This feature is not currently available... but most likely will appear in the so-called Creators Update to Windows 10 in a few weeks.

Meanwhile, there is a free 3rd-party application called EdgeManage that will allow you to both import and export a bookmarks.html file. Take a look at this article to see if this is something that you'd like:

Manage Edge Favorites

graye, Oct 12, 2016
Thema:

Does Edge have an Option to Start New Window in a seperate Process?

1. Does Edge have an Option to Start New Window in a seperate Process? - Similar Threads - Does Edge Option

2. Windows does not start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows does not start: So i have Windows 10 and ladt night i was having internet issues so i decided to restart my pc on the settings, now after the windows logo the pc just keeps rotating the circle thing forever, i tryed to boot in safe mode, doing the hold power button 3 times and after i see...
  3. Windows does not start or does not start at all.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows does not start or does not start at all.: When I turn on my computer and load my operating system, it keeps loading and showing the logo as if it were "frozen" or blocked, I have already restarted it and it remains the same, what do I do?...
  4. New app options in start menu

New app options in start menu: On my laptop, my start menu now has a new look with app options. For example, in Outlook, I can navigate straight to New Email Message (see photo attached). However, on my desktop, these options don't appear. I am running the same build of Windows (10.0.17134) on both...
  5. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  6. dafault language does not seem to have option to change

dafault language does not seem to have option to change: I installed greek language so that I could use the occasional word in greek. This worked fine, until I rebooted. I had noticed that "Region and Language" was threatening that on reboot the default language would be Greek, but there was no option to change it - the drop-down...
  7. Does Edge automatically run at start up?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Edge automatically run at start up?: I don't like edge and don't use it. When I run CCleaner though it says it will have close edge it then hangs on attempting to close it. Does it run at start up? How can I stop it? Its not in the start up menu. 22426
  8. Does Edge have a setting to switch to New Tab when opened?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Edge have a setting to switch to New Tab when opened?: This question is more to confirm I haven't overlooked anything. I've been looking through the settings for the option to switch to the new tab when opened. This feature exists in IE and Chrome has an extension for it, but I'm not seeing it in Edge. So have I missed...
  9. Realtek HD Audio manager does not have advanced options?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD Audio manager does not have advanced options?: I am trying to split audio streaming into two channels so I can mute my speakers, so when my headphones fall out by accident audio does not start playing aloud. The only way I can find to do this is to access the advanced options in the Realtek HD audio manager but mine does...
  10. Windows 10 : computer does not start - tried all options

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 : computer does not start - tried all options: Hi, I had an unpleasant surprised yesterday when I tried to start my computer and it did not start. Windows 10 tried to run the diagnostic and then the repair but it did not work and here i am on the blue screen with the different options to fix the issue. I tried...