Windows 10: Does Edition Make A Difference When Activating?

Discus and support Does Edition Make A Difference When Activating? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I received a desktop computer from a friend, and I see that the edition is Windows 10 Enterprise. I noticed at the bottom right corner of the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cadvin, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Cadvin Win User

Does Edition Make A Difference When Activating?

I received a desktop computer from a friend, and I see that the edition is Windows 10 Enterprise. I noticed at the bottom right corner of the desktop that it says activate windows. I didn't have a key so I purchased a key, and the edition is Windows 10 Home.

I tried to activate the windows with the new product key that I had and it tells me that the product key that I entered didn't work. Since I bought it from Microsoft, is the key legit or am I doing something wrong? The error code thing looks like (0xc004f050)

Thanks.

:)

Cadvin, Apr 5, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 5, 2019
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Apr 5, 2019
  4. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Does Edition Make A Difference When Activating? - Similar Threads - Does Edition Difference

2. Does 2.4GHz and 5GHz make difference in connection via cable/Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does 2.4GHz and 5GHz make difference in connection via cable/Ethernet?: My laptop suddenly started to show the name of the ethernet connection "XXXXX_2.4GHz". It was "XXXXX_5GHz" just a week ago. I know the Ghz are for wireless connection but it feels wrong. Does it make any difference?...
  3. Does 2.4GHz and 5GHz make difference in connection via cable/Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does 2.4GHz and 5GHz make difference in connection via cable/Ethernet?: My laptop suddenly started to show the name of the ethernet connection "XXXXX_2.4GHz". It was "XXXXX_5GHz" just a week ago. I know the Ghz are for wireless connection but it feels wrong. Does it make any difference?...
  4. Replace “3D Edit” With a Different App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replace “3D Edit” With a Different App?: I deleted paint and paint 3d. I use paint.net (and very occasionally gimp). Is there a way so that if I click 3d edit it opens the photo in paint.net? Thanks! submitted by /u/Aredditorandahalf [link] [comments]...
  5. Awareness Makes the Difference

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Awareness Makes the Difference: I worked remotely on a friend's machine the past couple of days. It was a mess... way out of date in several areas & had unnecessary 3rd party stuff in it. Anyway, I made it all good AND did heaps of Show & Tell with her. Prior to this she had a really poor attitude towards...
  6. W10 Upgrade: Windows keeps saying the editions are different when they arn't?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Upgrade: Windows keeps saying the editions are different when they arn't?: I'm trying to upgrade my W7 Home x64 to W10 using the Media Creation Tool I just downloaded from MS, but I keep having the same issue when it gets to the part: "What would you like to keep?" I have 3 options, but the 1st option, "Keep Everything!" is greyed out". I can only...
  7. What a difference fibre makes!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What a difference fibre makes!: I live in an urban area with dense housing. The estate is huge with thousands of properties, and starting a few months ago, we had Virgin Fibre installed in all the streets. Last Friday, the fibre was extended to the house and a fitter installed the rest inside. I opted for...
  8. Installing different Windows 10 edition

Installing different Windows 10 edition: I have Windows 10 Pro N installed on my computer, i have not activated it because i don't have a licence key and i want to install either the Home or Pro edition, but when i'm trying to reinstall with the Media Creation Tool it just wants to install the Pro N version again....
  9. Does wifi extenders with or without antena makes any difference

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does wifi extenders with or without antena makes any difference: There are different wireless WiFi extenders in the market. In the same range, some are without any external antenna and some are with one or two external antenna. For example Netgear WN3000 RP200 INS has two external antenna and Dlink DAP1320 N300 is not having any external...
  10. Installing a Different Edition of Windows

Installing a Different Edition of Windows: Hello guys. My very first thread feels like a very stupid one though. Can I upgrade install Windows 10 Home Version 1511 to a Windows 10 Pro Version 1507? I just don't want to clean install my Windows since I have some programs that I need to re-install again (if you have any...