Windows 10: Does Endpoint encryption hinder in setting Windows PIN

Discus and support Does Endpoint encryption hinder in setting Windows PIN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was recently given a company laptop, and while I was able to complete all of the steps to set the PIN, nothing else happened, such as no additional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Labibahoque, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Does Endpoint encryption hinder in setting Windows PIN

I was recently given a company laptop, and while I was able to complete all of the steps to set the PIN, nothing else happened, such as no additional steps or confirmation that the PIN was set or not.

:)

Labibahoque, Mar 9, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Autopilot with Symantec Endpoint encryption

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to use Autopilot to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, without decrypting Symantec Endpoint encryption drive.

We would suggest you to refer the Symantec article on
    How to upgrade computers encrypted with Symantec Endpoint Encryption to a Windows 10 release
    and see if that helps.

You may also want to refer the article on
    Windows Autopilot for existing devices
    to know more about using Windows Autopilot.

However, as you are working on Windows Autopilot, let me point you in the right direction towards the appropriate forum better suited for Windows Autopilot. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have support
    professionals to assist you with your query. I hope that you will find the resolution at the earliest.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 9, 2021
  3. [Philxor] Win User
    Windows Autopilot with Symantec Endpoint encryption

Hi all,

Is it possible to use Autopilot to upgrade W7 to W10 without having to de-crypt a Symantec Endpoint encryption protected drive?

Thanks in advance.

[Philxor], Mar 9, 2021
  4. Does Endpoint encryption hinder in setting Windows PIN

Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Does Endpoint encryption hinder in setting Windows PIN

1. Does Endpoint encryption hinder in setting Windows PIN - Similar Threads - Does Endpoint encryption

2. Set up PIN does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up PIN does not work: Set up PIN does not work. I can not login to my windows and start using my laptop because it keeps asking me to create a PIN. When I try it says "we were not able to set up your pin". try again or skip. When I click try again same issue all the time. The skip button does not...
  3. Set up PIN does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up PIN does not work: Set up PIN does not work. I can not login to my windows and start using my laptop because it keeps asking me to create a PIN. When I try it says "we were not able to set up your pin". try again or skip. When I click try again same issue all the time. The skip button does not...
  4. no more endpoints available for endpoint mapper window apps

no more endpoints available for endpoint mapper window apps: no more endpoints available for endpoint mapper window apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-more-endpoints-available-for-endpoint-mapper/51f4f7e8-e347-4e9c-9a1a-c4329261a546
  5. There is no device encryption setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no device encryption setting.: Hello everyone! For some reason, I do not have device encryption in the Windows settings. I have home version, and there should be simplified encryption, but I do not have it. I also have only one drive in my laptop and it is the system one....
  6. There is no device encryption setting.

There is no device encryption setting.: Hello everyone! For some reason, I do not have device encryption in the Windows settings. I have home version, and there should be simplified encryption, but I do not have it. I also have only one drive in my laptop and it is the system one....
  7. Does Windows installation by ISO hinders getting original version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows installation by ISO hinders getting original version?: I had got my laptop with windows 10 pre installed. If I go for installation of windows 11 with ISO file instead of 'upgrade option from settings' directly, will it cause loosing the original windows license?? Or Microsoft detects it Automatically as the license is digital....
  8. Does Windows installation by ISO hinders getting original version?

Does Windows installation by ISO hinders getting original version?: I had got my laptop with windows 10 pre installed. If I go for installation of windows 11 with ISO file instead of 'upgrade option from settings' directly, will it cause loosing the original windows license?? Or Microsoft detects it Automatically as the license is digital....
  9. Does Compatibility Support Module (CSM) hinder Windows 10 performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Compatibility Support Module (CSM) hinder Windows 10 performance?: I just found out that my SSD C: drive is in the MBR format before Windows 10 was installed and therefore in the UEFI the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) mode is enabled. I would like to convert the C: drive to GPT and disable the CSM in UEFI but before going through all...
  10. Windows Autopilot with Symantec Endpoint encryption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Autopilot with Symantec Endpoint encryption: Hi all, Is it possible to use Autopilot to upgrade W7 to W10 without having to de-crypt a Symantec Endpoint encryption protected drive? Thanks in advance....