Windows 10: Does entering "wininit" actually BSoD your computer?

Discus and support Does entering "wininit" actually BSoD your computer? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've seen videos on YouTube about the "wininit" BSoD, and i dont know if it actually does do it. I am curious if it works or not.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Buryurdead4936, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Does entering "wininit" actually BSoD your computer?

I've seen videos on YouTube about the "wininit" BSoD, and i dont know if it actually does do it. I am curious if it works or not.

:)

Buryurdead4936, Apr 12, 2023

2. Does typing "wininit" into powershell damage your computer?

I am looking to create a manual BSOD from the command line (as I have no Right control nor scroll lock key to trigger "INITIATED_MANUAL_CRASH"). I was curious whether the "wininit" + powershell solution will harm or corrupt my computer in any way. What actually happens when I type wininit to generate the crash? Will it have any lasting effects on my computer?

MattiaCandotti, Apr 12, 2023
  3. Does typing "wininit" into powershell damage your computer?

Hi Mattia,

I am no developer so cannot suggest typing a simple command would work or not. I can just point that BSOD does not affect hardware or OS in any way. For a better answer regarding wininit, you should ask the QA forum intended for IT Pros.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/index....

Please add the appropriate tags to your question there.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Apr 12, 2023
  4. Does entering "wininit" actually BSoD your computer?

Does typing "wininit" into powershell damage your computer?

Hi Sumit,

I know that a INITIATED_MANUAL_CRASH stop code does not damage my computer, however, from my understanding, the only way to cause this stop code is to add a registry entry that binds RIGHTCTRL + SCRLLOCKx2 to cause a manual crash.

Are you suggesting that typing wininit into powershell triggers this stop code as well? From my understanding, wininit crashed the system by starting the windows initialisation process while windows was running.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you for your hasty response regardless.

MattiaCandotti, Apr 12, 2023
Thema:

Does entering "wininit" actually BSoD your computer?

1. Does entering "wininit" actually BSoD your computer? - Similar Threads - Does entering wininit

2. What if your computer does this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What if your computer does this: My computer has been like this for 3 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-if-your-computer-does-this/b0621242-5220-4cf0-8b79-73199ab1237f
  3. What if your computer does this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What if your computer does this: My computer has been like this for 3 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-if-your-computer-does-this/b0621242-5220-4cf0-8b79-73199ab1237f
  4. Does this computer actually have a retail license or not?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does this computer actually have a retail license or not?: So, I'm currently on a laptop that my family purchased a while ago.I decided to check if the license is oem or retail because I was interested.According to cmd's "slmgr /dli" command, it's on the retail channel, and according to the settings app it says it's activated with a...
  5. Does this computer actually have a retail license or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does this computer actually have a retail license or not?: So, I'm currently on a laptop that my family purchased a while ago.I decided to check if the license is oem or retail because I was interested.According to cmd's "slmgr /dli" command, it's on the retail channel, and according to the settings app it says it's activated with a...
  6. Does this computer actually have a retail license or not?

7. Does typing "wininit" into powershell damage your computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does typing "wininit" into powershell damage your computer?: I am looking to create a manual BSOD from the command line as I have no Right control nor scroll lock key to trigger "INITIATED_MANUAL_CRASH". I was curious whether the "wininit" + powershell solution will harm or corrupt my computer in any way. What actually happens when I...
  8. Does typing "wininit" into powershell damage your computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does typing "wininit" into powershell damage your computer?: I am looking to create a manual BSOD from the command line as I have no Right control nor scroll lock key to trigger "INITIATED_MANUAL_CRASH". I was curious whether the "wininit" + powershell solution will harm or corrupt my computer in any way. What actually happens when I...
  9. Does typing "wininit" into powershell damage your computer?

10. if you bsod a VM will it actually appear on your main pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    if you bsod a VM will it actually appear on your main pc: i wanted to know what will happen if you "bsod a VM will it actually appear on your main pc" because i LOVE pc errors and console errors but my pc is fine i dont want any bsod if you can help please do -BroLJ *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...