Windows 10: does Event Viewer show when icons appear in the Notifications Area systray?

Discus and support does Event Viewer show when icons appear in the Notifications Area systray? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, i don't see a Task Manager > Services or Startup entry for icons that automatically appear in the Windows 10 Notifications Area icons -- sometime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Roger Bro, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Roger Bro Win User

does Event Viewer show when icons appear in the Notifications Area systray?

Hi, i don't see a Task Manager > Services or Startup entry for icons that automatically appear in the Windows 10 Notifications Area icons -- sometime shortly after the computer restarts and the user logs in.I'm a newbie to Event Viewer.Have searched using multiple SE's and can't find a way to see if there is a log kept on when the icons listed in the Settings > Select which icons appear:cut short my list for security Is there a way to see ones such as Antiviruses or browser fast-starts like Chrome -- to see either when they started up OR when they appeared there -- in the Event Vie

:)

Roger Bro, Jun 28, 2022
  2. Edwin Win User

Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

The tray link, (Option One/Step 2), seems to be depreciated in Build 10130, go to Settings via the other Steps or directly:

does Event Viewer show when icons appear in the Notifications Area systray? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Plankton Win User
    Outlook New E-mail Icon doesn't show in Systray (Notification Area)

Did you do this:

does Event Viewer show when icons appear in the Notifications Area systray? [​IMG]

Plankton, Jun 28, 2022
  4. TigerHeli Win User

Outlook New E-mail Icon doesn't show in Systray (Notification Area)

Thanks - more info ...

I'm really familiar with Windows XP. I've used Win 7 for a while, and I've used Win 10 for only a month or so, but I'm moderately PC literate.

I'm not sure how to check Windows Update history.

This is a work computer and I don't have admin rights or the option to uninstall updates or image the hard drive.

I mentioned something to our IT support department, but I thought I would get faster and more accurate help here.

I checked that menu item previously. From what I can tell, this is similar to the WinXP menu that you got when you right-clicked and selected "Customize" in the systray - except that had the option to hide, show briefly, and show always an icon. Win 10 just has ON ("Always Show") and OFF ("Show Briefly").

The problem (which was an issue with WinXP also) is there is an outlook icon and it is in the Systray, but there is no "new unread mail" icon, so there is no way to select it.

And as I understand Win10 - this menu wouldn't make the icon appear - it can't be permanently hidden. Setting it ON in this menu makes it permanently seen and setting it OFF sets it so it is only visible when I click the up arrow. I've found that if I drag the icon to or from the hidden (up arrow) portion of the Systray, it does the same thing.

I looked there and that box was checked. I unchecked it, closed Outlook, re-enabled it and closed and opened Outlook and nothing changed.

More info - "I" personally haven't made any recent changes to the system. Not sure what might have been done in the background by Windows or our IT staff.

New mail icons were appearing last week.

As far as I can tell, I am not getting ANY notifications of new mail. Having said that, I use small taskbar icons and don't have Outlook pinned, so I wouldn't see the taskbar change, I think I have desktop notifications turned off, I don't use the speakers, so I wouldn't hear Play a Sound if that were enabled. I previously hid the Action Center, but I turned it back on and don't see any notifications there.

If I go to Settings - System - Notifications and Actions: I have "Get Notifications from Apps and other senders" ON, and "Outlook 2016" ON, but I don't get notifications. "Skype for Business 2016" is off, but when it was on, I got notifications, and ErgoSuite doesn't have a menu setting, but I get notifications from it, so some notifications are working.

(Also - I prefer NOT to get notifications other than the systray icon - but I am trying to point out that I don't seem to be getting ANY notifications (from Outlook) ...)

TigerHeli, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

1. does Event Viewer show when icons appear in the Notifications Area systray? - Similar Threads - does Event Viewer

2. Windows Security icon in Notification Area is Showing incorrect notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security icon in Notification Area is Showing incorrect notification: Action recomended but there is no protection history.what can i do now?[Original Title: windows security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-icon-in-notification-area-is/5f268b61-f18b-4918-bd15-e7c8fb38485d
  3. does Event Viewer show when icons appear in the Notifications Area systray?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does Event Viewer show when icons appear in the Notifications Area systray?: Hi, i don't see a Task Manager > Services or Startup entry for icons that automatically appear in the Windows 10 Notifications Area icons -- sometime shortly after the computer restarts and the user logs in.I'm a newbie to Event Viewer.Have searched using multiple SE's and...
  4. does Event Viewer show when icons appear in the Notifications Area systray?

in Windows 10 Customization
    does Event Viewer show when icons appear in the Notifications Area systray?: Hi, i don't see a Task Manager > Services or Startup entry for icons that automatically appear in the Windows 10 Notifications Area icons -- sometime shortly after the computer restarts and the user logs in.I'm a newbie to Event Viewer.Have searched using multiple SE's and...
  5. Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area: I don't know what the developers were thinking when they decided to simply remove this most basic of settings, but I could really use the option. The shell command workaround does not persist on reboots.It's inordinately annoying to have to make every new taskbar icon visible...
  6. MWBAM icon does not appear in Notification Area on my PC at startup...

MWBAM icon does not appear in Notification Area on my PC at startup...: ...at least, it hardly ever does. It made its first appearance for many months yesterday, but after the next reboot it disappeared again into the ether. I wondered if it were possible to fix it to appear every time? It's an old MWBAM version, which i've used for years and...
  7. Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons: [img] [img] [img] I tried some .bat files from this forum, but nothing changed Windows 10 version: 190318 Please help me to solve this...thanks 151929
  8. icon in notification area

icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  9. Outlook New E-mail Icon doesn't show in Systray (Notification Area)

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook New E-mail Icon doesn't show in Systray (Notification Area): Windows 10 Enterprise - not sure of build. Outlook 2016 - MSO (16.0.8326.2073) 64-bit. Everything was working Thursday 9/14/17 and not working today 9/18/17. Not sure what updates might have been applied. For clarification, I am talking about the icon in the Systray,...
  10. Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?: I searched to see if anyone addresses this issue and didn't find a thread for my exact problem, pardon me if I missed it... I used to have a bluetooth icon showing in my system tray/notification area, which was a nice convenience. It disappeared within the past week or so,...