Windows 10: does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to...

Discus and support does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to ISP by IANA? Moreover, does each of these routers have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KARANBIRSINGH2, Jul 13, 2019.

1. does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to...

does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to ISP by IANA?

Moreover, does each of these routers have NAT or PAT ability? if yes, who decides that one router has to perform PAT or NAT?

:)

KARANBIRSINGH2, Jul 13, 2019

2. DHCP renewal of IP address with ISP denied

The router - in its capacity as a DHCP server - is providing internal IP addresses, for use on your LAN. The question around whether a static internal IP address is an alternative isn't really one for the ISP - they have no bearing or governance/authority on how you choose to assign devices IP addresses within your network. In my experience with ISPs here in the UK, they'll most likely tell you not to change it - or just not know what you are referring to.

The ISP provides a public-facing IP address, which is likely dynamic, but this has nothing to do with the internal IP addresses. That IP address is used by a device to identify itself to other devices on the network - including the router itself. The router then sends that devices requests out to the internet via the gateway.

Basically: save yourself the hassle of contacting your ISP and try and set the IP addresses for those devices manually. If you're unsure on which settings to use, do a quick "ipconfig /all" via CMD, make a note of the IPv4 address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers and then use those to manually input the settings as necessary.

maconnolly, Jul 13, 2019
  3. LemP Win User
    IP ADDRESS

This problem usually sorts itself out automatically, but see the following for some suggestions:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/ip-address-already-in-use/

If you keep getting these notifications, chances are that some device on your network is configured to use a static IP address that is within the range of addresses allocated by your router's DHCP server.

If you need some help in sorting out a situation like this, please provide the following information:

• the make and specific model of your router
    • the make and specific model of every device connected to your network, including printers, TV set top boxes, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, etc.
    If you have many devices connected to your network, download and run Advanced IP scanner (Advanced IP Scanner - Download Free Network Scanner.). This will list all of your currently-connected
    network devices and show their IP addresses.

4. Bree Win User

does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to...

IP Address is blacklisted..Huh !

@treblefree, Ipconfig shows you the IP address assigned to you by your router, normally one starting 192.168.... These are private IP addresses for use on you internal network and are not used on the internet. Your router has an internal IP address (often 192.168.1.254) and also a public-facing IP address, assigned to it by your ISP. It is this address that is seen by the websites you visit and will be the one this site has blocked. The easiest way to find out yours is to Google 'what's my ip address'.

Who is your ISP? If it is BT then you will get a new public IP address if you reboot your BThub. The same applies to many ISPs, but not (apparently) Virgin, who assign you a fixed IP address.

Thema:

does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to...

1. does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to... - Similar Threads - does every Router

2. Expression Web 4 not converting local IP address to my ISP's IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expression Web 4 not converting local IP address to my ISP's IP address: My ISP recently changed out my cable modem and new router eero Pro. When I try to publish any one of the 40+ websites I manage I get an error saying "I won't open a connection to 192.168.1.xx only to 149.76.203.106 500" If I query "what is my ip address" through a search...
  3. Expression Web 4 not converting local IP address to my ISP's IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expression Web 4 not converting local IP address to my ISP's IP address: My ISP recently changed out my cable modem and new router eero Pro. When I try to publish any one of the 40+ websites I manage I get an error saying "I won't open a connection to 192.168.1.xx only to 149.76.203.106 500" If I query "what is my ip address" through a search...
  4. How to change public ip address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change public ip address: Hello, How do I go about changing my public ip address, today ive gone around google and none of the tutorials seem to help me. A step by step tutorial would be appreciated, thanks....
  5. Mobile hotspot does not provide IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot does not provide IP address: Hi, I am a huge user of the mobile hotspot functionality, but I recently installed updates KB4530684 and KB4533002 and since I cannot connect any device to the hotspot but it starts, I can see it from my phone. I already tried to : - check/uncheck all boxes of Sharing tab...
  6. Email Links redirected to ISP router IP address

in Browsers and Email
    Email Links redirected to ISP router IP address: On all PCs, Android and iOS tablets, and Android phones, many of my links in emails (I use Microsoft Mail, Outlook.com and Gmail) haven't worked for 3 days. The broken ones all have my Hub IP Address and a few more words before "_url=http:// . . ." (then what I assume is the...
  7. Email Links redirected to ISP router IP address

in Windows 10 Support
    Email Links redirected to ISP router IP address: On all PCs, Android and iOS tablets, and Android phones, many of my links in emails (I use Microsoft Mail, Outlook.com and Gmail) haven't worked for 3 days. The broken ones all have my Hub IP Address and a few more words before "_url=http:// . . ." (then what I assume is the...
  8. IP Address.

IP Address.: How do I find the IP address of mu computer (running W10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/00092bb2-a514-4914-9938-3ca553c4e29a
  9. IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP Address: How do I find the IP address of my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/2bb05fc1-6350-45a4-bd4d-fdd5a278655e
  10. DHCP renewal of IP address with ISP denied

DHCP renewal of IP address with ISP denied: Hello I wonder if anyone can advise concerning a series of messages appearing in the logs of my two networked computers? Examples of the messages: ON ALPHA: The IP address lease 192.168.0.3 for the Network Card with network address 0x0024E8F1F44F has been denied...