Windows 10: Does Factory Reset help in preventing BSODS

Discus and support Does Factory Reset help in preventing BSODS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! My laptop has been crashing frequently recently, sometimes when I open a game. But frequently, It happens when I open a photo in messenger.com I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kkevin42, Sep 24, 2020.

1. kkevin42 Win User

Does Factory Reset help in preventing BSODS

Hi! My laptop has been crashing frequently recently, sometimes when I open a game. But frequently, It happens when I open a photo in messenger.com

I'm not sure what caused this but it has been pretty bad recently. Sometimes when I power up after a crash, my audio output devices cannot be detected. I would need to uninstall the driver and reboot to make it work. One of the worst cases is that after it crashed, while it is booting up, a BSOD occurs. Another one is that after it crashed because of that messenger photo thing it said automatic repair on startup, then required me to restore to a previous point, then when it was powering up, it got stuck on the logo screen. Then after that, the system was laggy and slow to respond up to now.

I have asked here before and this was what they said about my previous dump files

"You have varying stop codes in the past dumps. This makes it difficult to isolate the problem to anyone thing. However, it is worth noting that you seem to have two video drivers loaded by the OS in each bugcheck. I assume you have gone from one video card chipset to another Nvidia to AMD/ATI or vice versa but I am guessing that perhaps the other video drivers were not fully removed prior to that. I suggest you run DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dr... to remove the video drivers from your system and then install the appropriate drivers."

Will factory reset help this case in general?

:)

kkevin42, Sep 24, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 24, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Does Factory Reset help in preventing BSODS

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Does Factory Reset help in preventing BSODS

1. Does Factory Reset help in preventing BSODS - Similar Threads - Does Factory Reset

2. Factory resetting prevents pairing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory resetting prevents pairing?: I've factory reset my PC new PC because there were some issues with finding my DNS server. Just for a new problem to arise. My mouse now can't pair with the computer and is marked as an unknown device. I think that it could be because it was still paired during the reset....
  3. Factory resetting prevents pairing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory resetting prevents pairing?: I've factory reset my PC new PC because there were some issues with finding my DNS server. Just for a new problem to arise. My mouse now can't pair with the computer and is marked as an unknown device. I think that it could be because it was still paired during the reset....
  4. Bsod after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after factory reset: Hello. I have a laptop. I wanted to sell it so I just did the factory reset and sold it. After the customer took it during the reset process he called me the next day and came back with a bsod. I tried repairing the disks, didn't work. I tried reinstalling windows, but it...
  5. Bsod after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bsod after factory reset: Hello. I have a laptop. I wanted to sell it so I just did the factory reset and sold it. After the customer took it during the reset process he called me the next day and came back with a bsod. I tried repairing the disks, didn't work. I tried reinstalling windows, but it...
  6. Factory reset help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset help: Please help, I only have 2 hours and I'm lost...I purchased a little Lenovo Cloudbook a couple of months ago and it's too small for me, so I'm trying to completely factory reset it to gift to a family member. Unfortunately, the instructions I found online don't match what the...
  7. Factory reset help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset help: Please help, I only have 2 hours and I'm lost...I purchased a little Lenovo Cloudbook a couple of months ago and it's too small for me, so I'm trying to completely factory reset it to gift to a family member. Unfortunately, the instructions I found online don't match what the...
  8. Factory reset help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Help with factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with factory reset: I potentially deleted some important files in the windows folder and registry. If I perform a factory reset will it fix any mistakes that may have happened? And 100% back to normal? submitted by /u/kaille0n [link] [comments]...
  10. Preventing reset to factory settings and similar things

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preventing reset to factory settings and similar things: Hello, i have a desktop lenovo running windows 10. Ive set a uefi/bios password on there (not clear on the difference) my hope is to prevent resets to factory settings. The end goal being to maintain the integrity of the admin account on the computer. However, it doesnt...