Windows 10: Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware?

Discus and support Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I might have gotten some malware on my 1month old pc. I have tried using malwarebytes and windows defender to scan for any viruses but both came up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Haveabowl, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware?

I might have gotten some malware on my 1month old pc. I have tried using malwarebytes and windows defender to scan for any viruses but both came up negative. However, since both were free software I was still skeptical. I was extremely paranoid because I might have just gave my brand new pc a virus so i resorted to factory reseting the pc itself. Does this remove the malware 100%?

submitted by /u/Haveabowl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Haveabowl, Apr 9, 2021

2. Can a factory reset remove a key Logger?

Yes, a Factory Reset removing everything from the hard drive would remove everything including malware.

However, I suggest doing a clean install as it is more superior than a Factory Reset:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware?

Malware removal

Understood, OldMike. I will keep your suggestion in mind. I always appreciate suggestions from those who know more than I do. I think the Malware did do more than one scan, because I had to approve removal of what it found twice. I don't see Windows Defender on the list of programs. I think it was on there before they redid the software. Pluto TV also disappeared.

Amadeus51, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware?

1. Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware? - Similar Threads - Does factory resetting

2. Onedrive not removed after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive not removed after factory reset: After passing on my laptop to a family member, I did a factory reset. My Microsoft account wasn't removed though. I added a new Microsoft account for the family member then changed their status to Administrator then removed my Microsoft account. My Onedrive account is still...
  3. Onedrive not removed after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive not removed after factory reset: After passing on my laptop to a family member, I did a factory reset. My Microsoft account wasn't removed though. I added a new Microsoft account for the family member then changed their status to Administrator then removed my Microsoft account. My Onedrive account is still...
  4. Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User: I have a Dell Windows 11 laptop it has an old work login that I no longer have access to, I will now be using it for Personal. When starting up only user option is my old work login. Have also tried to Factory Reset, using Reset PC option, but just get an error, There was a...
  5. Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User: I have a Dell Windows 11 laptop it has an old work login that I no longer have access to, I will now be using it for Personal. When starting up only user option is my old work login. Have also tried to Factory Reset, using Reset PC option, but just get an error, There was a...
  6. Does Windows 10 retain after factory reset?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does Windows 10 retain after factory reset?: Hi,I have inbuilt installed windows 10 HOME edition on my Asus laptop. I check and the license was OEM. I want to change some things on my laptop and I need to factory reset it.I have got two questions:1. How to do factory reset?2. Will my windows 10 be on the laptop even...
  7. Windows Defender does not remove malwares

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender does not remove malwares: Hello, I am using Windows 8.1. Every time I scan my laptop, Windows Defender detects these malwares : Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C48 VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.C Trojan:Win32/Malex.gen!E Trojan:Win32/BlueTeal!rfn All of them show as severe active threats. When I...
  8. Does a factory reset remove administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does a factory reset remove administrator?: I ran some application as an administrator, everything worked except for pop ups every few minutes and a Google extension put on my chrome which I had no control of. I used Malwarebytes and I got rid of the popups but the administrator virus removed my wifi? Here's how it is:...
  9. Factory reset does not remove updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Factory reset does not remove updates: I factory reset my Windows 10 system yesterday and it did not remove any of the updates besides the May cumulative update from this month. Is this intended? 133171
  10. Removing windows 10 and factory resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing windows 10 and factory resetting my pc: I have had but trouble from the Windows 10 Operating system and after the latest update and it has for the hundredth time stopped my paid for and trusted anti virus software from working trying to make Defender my go to and using Microsoft edge without my permission which it...