Windows 10: Does Fresh Start create a brand new registry?

Discus and support Does Fresh Start create a brand new registry? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just read a couple of articles about the "Fresh Start" feature in Windows 10. I'm aware of all the precautions I should take if I choose to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ancientangler, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Does Fresh Start create a brand new registry?

I just read a couple of articles about the "Fresh Start" feature in Windows 10. I'm aware of all the precautions I should take if I choose to use the tool. But neither article mentioned whether it will produce a totally new registry.

I'm asking because I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and I'm finding 10 to be extremely sluggish. About a year ago, Avast's antivirus program began telling me that the registry was full of clutter. I did NOT let Avast remedy what it found, and I really didn't notice much sluggishness with Windows 7. Anyway....blah blah blah....I wonder if a fresh start would help a bit.

I'm using a 4 year old Dell laptop with 4gb of RAM and 200gb of free space on C-drive a traditional hard disk. I'm aware of the system's limitations.

:)

Ancientangler, Jun 16, 2020

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 16, 2020
  3. No Start button

Hello,

• Did you tried both the methods suggested by Amarjeeth Paul?
    If not, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the same issue occurs.

Follow the above steps to create new user account and let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Does Fresh Start create a brand new registry?

Fresh Paint App

Hi Jill,

There are many ways to create a new canvas. To help resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• Open Fresh Paint.
    • Click the red plus sign on the left side of the screen.
    • From there, you can choose Fresh Canvas, Custom Canvas, or Fun Pack.
    • Click Fresh Canvas.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Does Fresh Start create a brand new registry?

1. Does Fresh Start create a brand new registry? - Similar Threads - Does Fresh Start

2. Is It safe to create a new registry file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is It safe to create a new registry file.: Hi, I have recently added a file to registry for providing transparency to taskbar, but I am having a doubt, that, is creating a new registry file safe for my system or it can cause damage.Please share your thoughts.Thank you....
  3. Is It safe to create a new registry file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is It safe to create a new registry file.: Hi, I have recently added a file to registry for providing transparency to taskbar, but I am having a doubt, that, is creating a new registry file safe for my system or it can cause damage.Please share your thoughts.Thank you....
  4. Is It safe to create a new registry file.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Brand New Laptop Stuck On Create a PIN Setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Laptop Stuck On Create a PIN Setup: I tried to set it up with wifi off, I tried to set it up using my voice, but nothing works! I can't even do a fresh install because it already is one! submitted by /u/Blob55 [link] [comments]...
  6. Creating a new Microsoft Photos registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a new Microsoft Photos registry: I'm having some issues with my Microsoft photos. Earlier today I had to clear out a few registry files due to some virus issues. I think during this, the Microsoft photos app may have accidentally had its reg file hit on the chopping block. The app opens then closes about a...
  7. Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry: For text editing and browsing a file's contents, I always use Textpad because it is a very sophisticated text editor. Also installed Notepad++ "just in case." NP++ has a neat context menu option "Edit with Notepad++" appearing in any context. In prior Windows versions the...
  8. Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry: For text editing and browsing a file's contents, I always use Textpad because it is a very sophisticated text editor. Also installed Notepad++ "just in case." NP++ has a neat context menu option "Edit with Notepad++" appearing in any context. In prior Windows versions the...
  9. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...
  10. Does Upgrade from 7 to 10 Create a new Registry or uses old?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Upgrade from 7 to 10 Create a new Registry or uses old?: I will upgrade to Win 10 during Christmas. Would like to know if an upgrade from 7 creates a fresh/clean new registry, or does it use the existing win7 one? 34424