Windows 10: Does google drive and one drive backup ransom ware encrypted files?

Discus and support Does google drive and one drive backup ransom ware encrypted files? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Thought just came to me, that if you setup those services to backup certain folders, and you get hit with ransomware, do those ransomware encrypted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sdowney717, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Does google drive and one drive backup ransom ware encrypted files?

Thought just came to me, that if you setup those services to backup certain folders, and you get hit with ransomware, do those ransomware encrypted files get uploaded and now you have lost the backup on those internet drives?

:)

sdowney717, Nov 15, 2020

2. Encryption and Google Drive

Hi Melissa,

I realize that you want to know the encryption solution for Google Drive.

When you encrypt a computer with BitLocker, all the files/documents on the computers will be encrypted, when you share these encrypted files you need a encryption key to open these files. Since you are using Google drive, you may please contact google support
    to know how encryption works in Google drive.

Google Drive Help

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Nov 15, 2020
  3. louwerbe Win User
    ransom ware

I got hit by ransom ware "osiris" any solution out there?

louwerbe, Nov 15, 2020
  4. djbbenn Win User

Does google drive and one drive backup ransom ware encrypted files?

New Trojan that Demands a Ransom

There is a new virus out there discovered by virus hunters known as "Cryzip". The Trojan encrypts your files and then demands a $300 ransom for the decryption password to get your files back. After encrypting the files, the virus leaves a nice step-by-step guide of how to go about paying the ransom off. It's supposedly spread through email Spam, and has successfully evaded anti-virus scanners.

Source: eWeek

djbbenn, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Does google drive and one drive backup ransom ware encrypted files?

1. Does google drive and one drive backup ransom ware encrypted files? - Similar Threads - Does google drive

2. Ransom ware and locked screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Ransom ware and locked screen: We have had our Windows 10 pc sign in screen locked due to ransom ware. Besides paying the $$$ how can we get to the desktop to install my Malwarebytes software. Anyone run into this recently?Thanks Eric...
  3. One Drive backup files Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive backup files Question: I reinstall one drive on a new computer recently and I moved back my photo folder from an external hard drive to my picture folder. As soon as I did that I saw that one drive was uploading all the files in that folder, tried to go in setting and tried to stop the backup of...
  4. backup my files to one drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup my files to one drive: How many files can I keep in my one drive account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-my-files-to-one-drive/cb2051c6-b38a-4aaa-a61a-8e53b5278292
  5. HELPPPP ransom ware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HELPPPP ransom ware: Please help anyone know what this is? or what ransom ware this is called? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helpppp-ransom-ware/e4eb6941-3589-4091-9769-9a914feba018"
  6. RANSOM WARE

RANSOM WARE: I got this today after installing a note pad. Any direction would be appreciated All your files are Encrypted! For data recovery needs decryptor. How to buy decryptor: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 1....
  7. Ransom Ware

Ransom Ware: I have a family member with a pc running MSW 10. She turned the pc on today and you hear a voice claming his from Microsoft and so as to save the internet you must contact him at a phone number with a credit card. Turning the pc off dos not fix it. HELP!...
  8. ransome ware

ransome ware: i have had 2 threatening emails stating they know my password which they give, but not the complete one.they say they have hacked my emails and other files and they want payment in dollars to stop it. should this have been picked up by defender?...
  9. Ransom ware decryptors

Ransom ware decryptors: all decryptors now in one place The No More Ransom Project 84615
  10. Free anti ransome ware

Free anti ransome ware: Free from Acronis Acronis: Ransomware protection! Get yer free ransomware protection! • The Register 103196