Windows 10: Does GPU frequency really matter all that much between GTX and RTX?

Discus and support Does GPU frequency really matter all that much between GTX and RTX? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a GTX 1080 Ti which I've been wanting to upgrade for some time. When I look at the CPU Clock the RTX is slower in almost all cases (base @... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Does GPU frequency really matter all that much between GTX and RTX?

I have a GTX 1080 Ti which I've been wanting to upgrade for some time.

When I look at the CPU Clock the RTX is slower in almost all cases (base @ 1350 compared to 1530 for the GTX). Except for a few top end cards, the gaming or OC clock speed is also often less than the GTX.

Does it really matter. Both have 11G GDDR. Does the memory speed, bus size and CUDA cores make up for the lower clock speeds? I guess they must because all RTX 2080 Ti's out perform the GTX 1080 Ti by a good percentage.

I ask because prices are astronomical, and if the clock speed isn't the biggest concern I can save anywhere up to A$700.

EDIT: I'd be looking only at ASUS ROG and MSI cards. Gigabyte are too noisy, and I have no interest in the clones like Galax, Zotac and so forth. Leaning strongly towards the ASUS as it has 2xHDM 2.0b. I have tried dual DP and I can't fix the issue with applications being moved to the primary screen when the monitor sleeps.

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Lukas232 Win User

Graphics card runs at low frequency - locked frequency gpu?

Hello,

I have Gainward GTX 1070. The card has worked recently with no problem. Now goes only locked at 139Mhz frequency, regardless of what I do. This of course causes a massive drop in FPS games. Memory ride normal frequency and clocked going normally. I tried to
    reinstall the drivers gpu, I installed the older drivers, but nothing changed (currently I have installed the latest drivers 372.20). I tried to switch the NVIDIA Control Panel "Mode power management - Prefer maximum performance," but it did not help. Yesterday
    I updated the OS to version 1607 and the problem it solved. But while playing BF4 after loading new games is frequency stabilized again on the 139Mhz. Do you know where the problem could be? I think that the GPU is fine, the problem probably lies somewhere
    in SW.

Thanks for support

Lukas232, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Desktop Window Manager(DWM.exe) using high GPU

I will follow the steps and see if disabling intel helps and inform you.... I also own dell inspiron 7567 with Gtx 1050 4gb and msi ge63 raider 8rf with Gtx 1070 8gb.....their Gpu usage during game are 95-99% and 85-90% respectively. Both running windows
    10 1709....In my knowledge the amount of GPU usage is bound to the FPS limit which is set... Setting FPS to unlimited causes max gpu usage as it reaches its limit... I have tested it in other machines as well...7567 when set to unlimited provides 160FPS in
    lobby in Fortnite on Low settings with 98% gpu usage... Asus with rtx 2070 is also providing 160FPS in lobby same game same settings which decreases to 100 ingame. Nividia control panel is set to prefer max performance..... No power throttling found in graphics
    stress test... No thermal throttling as well.... RTX 2070 should provide 250+ FPS on low settings based on what is advertised....Any other option for GPU max performance??

HasnatAli42, Jun 5, 2020
  4. arjfca Win User

Does GPU frequency really matter all that much between GTX and RTX?

GPU over heating: How to test reducing it's frequency

Hello

I may have an over heating GPU that may cause my PC to froze. I don't really need a fast GPU, but I do need a reliable and stable PC.

My system has two cards: Ge force GT 630 and GeForce GTX 550 ti

Is reducing it's frequency may help to reduce the temperature?

Martin

arjfca, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Does GPU frequency really matter all that much between GTX and RTX?

1. Does GPU frequency really matter all that much between GTX and RTX? - Similar Threads - Does GPU frequency

2. My GPU RTX 3080Ti is getting constent 1395Mhz of frequency with 0% usage any solution ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My GPU RTX 3080Ti is getting constent 1395Mhz of frequency with 0% usage any solution ?: Hello, i have an issue i was just checking the temperature, and suddenly the frequency caught my attention by not going neither up or down. I have an asus rog gaming laptop and i can’t find out what would be the issue....
  3. My GPU RTX 3080Ti is getting constent 1395Mhz of frequency with 0% usage any solution ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My GPU RTX 3080Ti is getting constent 1395Mhz of frequency with 0% usage any solution ?: Hello, i have an issue i was just checking the temperature, and suddenly the frequency caught my attention by not going neither up or down. I have an asus rog gaming laptop and i can’t find out what would be the issue....
  4. Why are my GTX and RTX Cards Dithering in Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why are my GTX and RTX Cards Dithering in Windows?: Okay, so I recently bought an ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070TI, and even though it is claimed that these cards do not dither in Windows, they are definitely dithering. I have experienced the most horrid eye strains, headaches and nauseous feeling with it rendering the card totally...
  5. Why are my GTX and RTX Cards Dithering in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my GTX and RTX Cards Dithering in Windows?: Okay, so I recently bought an ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070TI, and even though it is claimed that these cards do not dither in Windows, they are definitely dithering. I have experienced the most horrid eye strains, headaches and nauseous feeling with it rendering the card totally...
  6. Why are my GTX and RTX Cards Dithering in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2070

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2070: My current system is dual AMD Radeon RX 580s in crossfire in a Ryzen 7 2700X system and I want to upgrade graphics card. It looks like my budget cutoff is at the GTX 1080 Ti to the RTX 2070 super. I ordered the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING 11GB which was about $70...
  8. Animations are really laggy on an rtx 2080

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Animations are really laggy on an rtx 2080: Hey guys! Recently, I've noticed that animations such as dragging windows or even scrolling on Google are reaaallly choppy. By this, I mean all Windows Explorer handled animations. I'm using a Razer Blade 15 laptop with an rtx 2070, i7-9750H, and 2 external monitors (1x 60 Hz...
  9. Does Windows really download ALL the drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows really download ALL the drivers?: Hi, I have recently got new pc, installed windows, as I cannot use cd/dvd anymore I was going to visit friend to burn iso of drivers from mobo, but he told me that Windows downloads all of the drivers beside Nvidia. Is it true? I went to check drivers of my CPU (Ryzen 2700x)...
  10. How much RAM does your PC really need?

in Windows 10 News
    How much RAM does your PC really need?: Is there a case for more than 8GB of RAM? Sure there is, but the bang for the buck trails off. Here is a definitive guide to how much RAM your PCs needs. Note that how much RAM, along with the type and speed, that your system supports will depend on your motherboard....