Windows 10: Does Groove Music copy files from an external hard drive to the pc automatically?

Discus and support Does Groove Music copy files from an external hard drive to the pc automatically? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I just started using Groove and I have all of my music on an external hard drive MyCloud. When i right click the song in Groove, it says the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ziarci, Feb 15, 2020.

1. ziarci Win User

Does Groove Music copy files from an external hard drive to the pc automatically?

Hello,

I just started using Groove and I have all of my music on an external hard drive MyCloud. When i right click the song in Groove, it says the location is still on mycloud, but it just took over 4 hours to add all of my music. Why would it take this long if it isn't copying it all onto a specific 'groove' location on my pc?

and if it IS copying it, where do i find it and how can i prevent that? i have it on an external for a reason. i don't want all those files on my pc.

Thanks.

:)

ziarci, Feb 15, 2020

2. Copying files from groove music

Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

You cannot transfer the songs directly onto a USB drive from Groove music. You should know the location of the drive where Groove stores the music you add to the playlist and then move the songs onto a USB drive

Try the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Plug in the USB drive and check if the device is connected and detected on the PC.
    • Locate the drive where Groove music folder is located. Usually the location will be the
      My Music folder in the user file under
      C:
      drive. If you have changed the location, I suggest you to locate the Groove music folder.
    • Select all the songs by pressing Ctrl + A keys on the keyboard. To copy selected music onto the drive,
      press/hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard and select the song by clicking on the file.
    • Right click after selecting the files and hover the mouse over to
      Send to option.
    • Select the USB drive to which you want to transfer the files to and wait until the transfer is completed.
    • Check if the files are copied onto the USB drive.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Copy PC contents to external hard drive

I have installed Windows 10 on my PC. Typically I back up the entire contents of my PC on an external hard drive. I once had a hard drive crash and learned the hard way about the value of complete external backups for a PC.

The procedure I used with Windows 8.1 does not seem to apply to Windows 10. Which item on this list "This PC, Desktop, Documents Downloads, Music Pictures HPLJP1000-1500 (C)" should I select to copy everything (including Windows 10) on my external hard
    drive?

David Skier, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Does Groove Music copy files from an external hard drive to the pc automatically?

Downloading music from GROOVE to an external hard drive

Good day to all. Does anyone know how to download my music from GROOVE to an external hard drive. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

ANTONIO BAIRD, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Does Groove Music copy files from an external hard drive to the pc automatically?

1. Does Groove Music copy files from an external hard drive to the pc automatically? - Similar Threads - Does Groove Music

2. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  3. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  4. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.: I am running Windows 11 and I want to copy multiple folders containing multiple files from one external hard drive to another. Prior to my upgrading to Windows 11, I was able to perform this operation. As the following screen print shows: the copy process starts.The next...
  6. Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.: I am running Windows 11 and I want to copy multiple folders containing multiple files from one external hard drive to another. Prior to my upgrading to Windows 11, I was able to perform this operation. As the following screen print shows: the copy process starts.The next...
  7. Copying to External Hard Drive

Copying to External Hard Drive: I try to copy files to my external hard drives, the system goes through the procedure, but when I look where the files should be, only the folders are being copied. Why am I unable to copy to external drives and how can I do this?...
  8. Playing music from external hard drive on computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playing music from external hard drive on computer: I copied all my music to an external Toshiba hard drive. When trying to play the songs get WMP message that says "WMP cannot find file...". All music is still in WMP and can play from there but not from external drive. How can this be fixed?...
  9. External Hard Drive copies

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive copies: When I attach an external hard drive it displays two copies (e.g. Drive (E:)) the content is the same but when moving folders or files i have sometimes put them in different copies. I would like just one drive but how do i get rid of the copy?...
  10. Sync files and folders automatically from pc to external hard drive

Sync files and folders automatically from pc to external hard drive: How can I automatically sync my files and folders between my windows 10 laptop and external drive. Apart from OneDrive, I need to always keep my files and folders in sync between my laptops and external hard drive. I came across SyncToy online but I think it's restricted to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hw to copy music from pc grove music app to desktop