Windows 10: Does Group Policy not work in 9879?

Discus and support Does Group Policy not work in 9879? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am currently having an issue with OneDrive using all my bandwidth when syncing large files. As in, if I were to turn syncing on right now, I wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Petey7, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Petey7 Win User

Does Group Policy not work in 9879?

I am currently having an issue with OneDrive using all my bandwidth when syncing large files. As in, if I were to turn syncing on right now, I wouldn't be able to load a single webpage. I don't know if its mostly a OneDrive issue, or maybe an ISP issue, but the solution I figured would work, is to make a policy in GPEdit to limit the bandwidth OneDrive uses. Only issue is, when I click "Create new policy", the window for it opens and then immediately closes. I just see the closing animation. What is the deal? Is group policy crippled in this version? I am using the non-enterprise version if it matters.

:)

Petey7, Dec 5, 2014

2. gpedit group policy does not working

There is no snapIn of this kind in the registry editor. Please give a different solution to the problem.

Cheers

CowiekMaupa, Dec 5, 2014
  3. Windows 10 Folder Redirection using Group Policy

Hi All,

I have Server 2012 r2, there is a GPO that redirects users folders. I am in the middle of upgrading OS to Windows 10.

Now I have upgraded 6 clients at the moment but some are not picking up the folder redirection Group policy.

The folder redirection policy works fine on Windows 7.

I have:

Tried forcing gpupdate

Ran a gpresult but does not show anything about the group policy for folder redirection

Update the Group policy files within sysvol

There is no WMI filter

The users are allowed to read the GPO

Rolling back the build that the user was on to an earlier version

If i get one of the affected users to login to another computer (Win10) that works with folder redirection the computer applies it but on their own pc the computer with Win10 it can not see the Group policy.

So this tells me that there is not a problem with the users permissions but something with the Windows version or Computer permissions that are stopping group policy from applying.

The folder redirection group policy does not show up in the denied group policies either.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Ashley

Ashley Watson 1, Dec 5, 2014
  4. Does Group Policy not work in 9879?

Nope. It is not crippled. Opens fine for me.

EvilJenius, Dec 5, 2014
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Petey,

Open OneDrive settings from the OneDrive icon in the notification area, and uncheck the box below to see if that may help. *Smile

Does Group Policy not work in 9879? [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 5, 2014
  6. Petey7 Win User
    Already tried that Brink. I think its not making a difference because its somewhat large video files I'm uploading. What's weird is when I uploaded a bunch while on build 9841 I didn't have an issue. Only other change is that my ISP sent a new modem. Not sure which is the cause.

Thanks for the info EvilJenius. Not sure why it working for you but not me. Can you tell me if your using an MS account or a local one? And specifically if you've tried creating a QoS policy?

EDIT: SFC found some corrupted files that it could not fix. I assume the gpedit issue, and probably some other problems I've been having since updating, are due to said corrupted files. Gonna do a clean install of 9879.

Petey7, Dec 5, 2014
  7. Petey7 Win User
    After a clean install gpedit still doesn't work, and my system seems more screwed up than ever. I really hope MS gets there stuff together for the January update.

Petey7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Does Group Policy not work in 9879?

1. Does Group Policy not work in 9879? - Similar Threads - Does Group Policy

2. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  3. group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  4. Group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group policy: Event viewer error.Current job count for user KEN\kenst 60 is equal to or greater than job limit 50 specified through group policy.Increase per user, per computer through group policy.Tried search on internet, but no help.Can anyone tell me how to do this, simply, please?...
  5. Group Policy not working

Group Policy not working: I have assigned the Group Policy to block the storage devices like USBs on windows Server 2019 and after that i have done the command: gpupdate /force but when i login on windows 10 with the Active Directory User on the same machine it is not working....
  6. Denied group policy for a group, but not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Denied group policy for a group, but not working: I have a group policy , and need to deny that for a group of people. I created a universal security group and added to delegation- advanced - and allowed read and denied apply group policy. But it not working and the the group policy is still applied to that group of people....
  7. Does group policy REALLY works to disable updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does group policy REALLY works to disable updates?: The day before yesterday i couldn't lower my laptop brightness, i use brigthness control A LOT (keyboard shotcuts). Tried to find the brightness option in the system panel, no luck. Googled it.. still couldnt find it. Next thing i know, i couldnt connect it to my tv, or...
  8. Group Policy

Group Policy: Hello, I am trying to update/alter a group policy for my work network (20,000 endpoints) remotely through a distribution platform (BigFix). When I have tried to change GP through the registry it gets overwritten. What would be the easiest way to change GP on all endpoints...
  9. Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Group Policy Editor not working: I installed Group Policy Editor on my windows 10 home computer and it installed fine. But when I try to enable Windows Defender AV Signature Updates (specify the day of the week on which to check for definition updates) and select (every day) it will not enable. When I hit...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965