Windows 10: Does having a login password on my admin account on windows 10 protect against viruses/malware?

Discus and support Does having a login password on my admin account on windows 10 protect against viruses/malware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was told but cannot confirm or understand how it would make a difference.. On my windows 10 computer does having a password for a user with admin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sapientiaeultio, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Does having a login password on my admin account on windows 10 protect against viruses/malware?

I was told but cannot confirm or understand how it would make a difference..

On my windows 10 computer does having a password for a user with admin rights protect the computer from being hit with viruses if it is directly connected to the internet? I have always used an IP blocker and have not had an issue but I am being told that i need a password to make a difference. Is this correct?

:)

Sapientiaeultio, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 7, 2018
  3. New Administrator account with windows 10 AU - not password protected

Last week, I got Windows 10 AU and now find that I have two admin accounts - my original admin account (password protected) and this new Admin account which is not password protected. I also have a password protected "work" account which I use on a daily basis.

I couldn't find a way of deleting the new account so looked at making it password protected but get a message " If you do this Administrator will lose all EFS-encripted files, personal certificates and stored passwords for web sites and network resources".

I certainly don't feel comfortable having an admin account that anyone can access - especially by a hijacker.

What would anyone suggest - leave as is or password protect. Incidently, I did come across something that I could deactivate the account but, in my low tech knowledge, it would still be there for a hijacker to damage my computer.

Abstemious, Aug 7, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Does having a login password on my admin account on windows 10 protect against viruses/malware?

New Administrator account with windows 10 AU - not password protected

run "control userpasswords2" and post image.

cereberus, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Does having a login password on my admin account on windows 10 protect against viruses/malware?

1. Does having a login password on my admin account on windows 10 protect against viruses/malware? - Similar Threads - Does having login

2. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware: With Windows 10 is it necessary to subscribe to third party anti-virus software such as Norton or Avast. or is the Windows 10 capable of stopping any and all threats? What are the settings that should be turned on? I am a senior with very poor knowledge of technology. Please...
  3. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware: With Windows 10 is it necessary to subscribe to third party anti-virus software such as Norton or Avast. or is the Windows 10 capable of stopping any and all threats? What are the settings that should be turned on? I am a senior with very poor knowledge of technology. Please...
  4. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing...

Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing...: Which option will give the best protection against malwares, viruses and phishing attacks on my Windows 11 pc? Is it enabling ‘Core isolation’ on windows system or enabling ‘Hardware virtualization’ from Kaspersky Total Security’ which I installed as anti-virus in my...
  6. Is my user password protected, and what does it protect against?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is my user password protected, and what does it protect against?: Hello everyone I can't figure out, if my Windows user is really password protected. I am using Microsoft Windows 10 Home I have only 1 local user / admin If I shutdown PC, and turn on again, I don't have to enter password If I restart PC, I don't have to enter password If...
  7. Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers

Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers: So i have an old dell xps 9550 laptop that i still have been using for a while. It has windows ten pro. It's my main laptop. With my laptop, I try to do my best of trying to avoid going on certain sites and clicking links etc. So because of that, a while back I got another...
  8. Does Windows Defender protect against malware with all browsers?

Does Windows Defender protect against malware with all browsers?: I have Windows 10 on my desktop. I have had Malwarebytes working on this computer since 2013. Suddenly, it will no longer open but it is still installed. I have no idea why this has happened and have had trouble getting help from Malwarebytes. Does Windows Defender...
  9. Virus and malware protection

Virus and malware protection: Hi, I'm Jose Javier and I have a Window laptop with Windows 10 Home; version 10.0.17763. My computer has Window Defender Security System and an Antivirus named Avast. I have bought my laptop a year ago. I really want to know how I can get total Window Security with Window...
  10. Windows 10: protection against recent Depriz malware attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: protection against recent Depriz malware attacks: A few weeks ago, multiple organizations in the Middle East fell victim to targeted and destructive attacks that wiped data from computers, and in many cases rendering them unstable and unbootable. Destructive attacks like these have been observed repeatedly over the years and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my admin account have a password