Windows 10: Does Healthy Windows Recovery Partition have to adjacent to Windows 10 partition to work?

Discus and support Does Healthy Windows Recovery Partition have to adjacent to Windows 10 partition to work? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Acer E5-575 laptop. I am in the process of extending a 184.62 GB Windows partition, because I am running out of room. In order to extend the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobEmm, Aug 17, 2021.

1. BobEmm Win User

Does Healthy Windows Recovery Partition have to adjacent to Windows 10 partition to work?

I have an Acer E5-575 laptop. I am in the process of extending a 184.62 GB Windows partition, because I am running out of room. In order to extend the Windows partition using the Windows Disk Management utility, I had to move the "519 MB Healthy Recovery Partition" that was formerly adjacent to 184.62 GB Windows partition. I used G-parted in a live boot off a USB to move the 519 MB Healthy Recovery Partition. I have not yet extended the Windows Partition using the Windows Disk Management tool. See inserted screenshot image of partitions using the Windows 10 Disk Management tool. QUESTIONS:

:)

BobEmm, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Willy9000 Win User

Windows 10 & Too many Recovery partitions

Disk Management displays:

• 300 MB Healthy (EFI System partition)
    • 900 MB Healthy (Recovery partition)
    • OS (CDoes Healthy Windows Recovery Partition have to adjacent to Windows 10 partition to work? :) 184,97 GB Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash, Primary partition)
    • 912 MB Healthy (Recovery partition)
    • 450 MB Healthy (Recovery partition)
    • DATA (DDoes Healthy Windows Recovery Partition have to adjacent to Windows 10 partition to work? :) 258,15 GB Healthy (Primary partition)
    • 20,01 GB Healthy (Recovery partition)
    It concerns an ASUS N750JV laptop that came with Windows 8 Home pre-installed, then upgraded to Windows 8.1. and finally to Windows 10.

One could assume that each Windows version created its own Recovery partition, so that could explain 3 Recovery partitions.

Usually I change the name of partition C: from OS (or often LOCAL) to for example Win 10 pr 64-bit, especially with it concern a dual or multi-boot computer.

Willy

Willy9000, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Aug 17, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Does Healthy Windows Recovery Partition have to adjacent to Windows 10 partition to work?

Windows Recovery Partitions

Hi Matthew, the suggested answer over on SuperUser is correct the Recovery partition adjacent to your C drive will be the one created last and therefore the one the you need to retain.

So you can safely delete the other two recovery partitions!

If your ultimate goal is to extend your C drive into the unallocated space, windows will not be able to do that . . .

Windows can only extend into an adjacent unallocated space to your C drive

A very goo piece of software for partitioning jobs is the free version AOMEI Partition Assistant and it will make light work of deleting these partitions and extending your C drive into the unallocated space:

https://www.disk-partition.com/free-partition-m...

DaveM121, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Does Healthy Windows Recovery Partition have to adjacent to Windows 10 partition to work? - Similar Threads - Does Healthy Recovery

2. Can I delete Recovery Partitions? Merging non-adjacent partitions in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete Recovery Partitions? Merging non-adjacent partitions in Windows 11: I want to merge the OS and DATA partitions on my HDD, but Disk Management does not allow for non-adjacent partitions to be merged together. I am aware of the existence of third-party software such as EaseUS for this purpose but I am reluctant to use those software due to a...
  3. Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management: See attached screenshot.Background - I replaced the original NVMe with a larger one, by cloning the original C: drive to the new NVMe. Everything appears to be working correctly - the system boots, etc. The usage of the Recovery Partition also appears correct. However, in the...
  4. Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management: See attached screenshot.Background - I replaced the original NVMe with a larger one, by cloning the original C: drive to the new NVMe. Everything appears to be working correctly - the system boots, etc. The usage of the Recovery Partition also appears correct. However, in the...
  5. Which "Healthy Recovery partitions" to delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Which "Healthy Recovery partitions" to delete: Hello I have a Surface pro Gen 1 (quite old but still doing great) running Win 10. It only has a 64GB SSD, so I need every bit of space I can get on there. There is currently 5 healthy recovery partitions at over 10gb. I would like to hang on to the repair partition, however...
  6. Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.: Hi all. I'm looking all over and I can't get an answer on this: I cloned my OS drive on my SSD to an M.2 drive. The SSD was 500gb. My M.2 drive is 1tb. I now have almost 500gb of unallocated space. The problem is this: There is my C drive, a 'recovery partition',...
  7. Recovering Healthy Partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering Healthy Partitions: During this morning's Window's update, my backup drive lost 3 out of 4 partitions. It rebooted and all of a sudden, three partitions were no more. The data is there, the drive letters show up, but if you try to access them, it wants to reformat the partition. I have run it...
  8. How to recover Healthy Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to recover Healthy Recovery Partition: Hi, I want to delete the Healthy Recovery Partition because it's in the way of C drive and some free unallocated space. After I delete it and merge the unallocated space and with the C drive how can I add back a Healthy Recovery Partition? submitted by /u/SingleHouse...
  9. Healthy EFI Sytem Partition and Healthy Recovery partition next to my C drive - Unable to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Healthy EFI Sytem Partition and Healthy Recovery partition next to my C drive - Unable to...: I have a HP Pavilion with Windows 10. My C drive has only 35 GB free out of 161 GB. I was looking to extend my C drive but the extend volume option is greyed out. When I checked the Disk Management I have one health partition to the left of my C drive and one health partition...
  10. Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition): HI my HDD have 6 partitions,my question is ;one of the partitions is (EFI System Partition) and other is OEM healthy Partition,I don't know what is in it,Iwonder if i can see what is in it?and what hapen if i delete this partition whithout damage my windows or my recovery...