Windows 10: Does HyperV have anything like VNC that can be accessed from a Linux client with Linux...

Discus and support Does HyperV have anything like VNC that can be accessed from a Linux client with Linux... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This might be a little hard to explain, but I am wanting to open a connection to a HyperV vm that wont be interrupted by reboots, however it needs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Car_weeb, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Does HyperV have anything like VNC that can be accessed from a Linux client with Linux...

This might be a little hard to explain, but I am wanting to open a connection to a HyperV vm that wont be interrupted by reboots, however it needs to be able to be accessed by a Linux client and has to run with a Linux vm. I can open an rdp session to the Windows server just fine from Linux, but I dont want to log into the server to access the vm.

submitted by /u/Car_weeb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Car_weeb, Jan 24, 2020

2. Switch to Linux ??

Find a suitable Linux forum and request comments from people who converted from Linux to Windows, in particular on

• Stability
    • Ease of use
    • Availability of external help in case of trouble
    • Availability of applications, games
    • Data exchange with the Windows world

Frederik Long, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Silverel Win User

Does HyperV have anything like VNC that can be accessed from a Linux client with Linux...

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Does HyperV have anything like VNC that can be accessed from a Linux client with Linux...

1. Does HyperV have anything like VNC that can be accessed from a Linux client with Linux... - Similar Threads - Does HyperV anything

2. Adjusting Screen Brightness like in Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjusting Screen Brightness like in Linux: I want to lower the screen brightness in Windows but 0% does not reduce it completely. In Linux, the min and max brightness of the screen can be adjusted by changing the /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness path. Example bash command:echo 244 >...
  3. Adjusting Screen Brightness like in Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjusting Screen Brightness like in Linux: I want to lower the screen brightness in Windows but 0% does not reduce it completely. In Linux, the min and max brightness of the screen can be adjusted by changing the /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness path. Example bash command:echo 244 >...
  4. From Linux To Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From Linux To Windows: Im trying to change a linux operating using a 64-bit machine. using a 32-bit architecturesystem . To Windows 10 operating system.I went to download the Media Creation Tool but { pasted from page site}You’ve been routed to this page because the operating system you’re using...
  5. Linux-like startup screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linux-like startup screen: There is something causing my desktop to take *WAY* too long to load. I'm running a solid state boot drive and it used to boot so fast, it'd make your head spin. Now it takes a good 10-20 minutes. I can walk away and have a coffee! I figure if I could enable a startup...
  6. Moving windows like on Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving windows like on Linux: Blah blah, story of my life Since a year I mainly use Linux, but because my main PC is going to be taken by my sister i temporarily installed windows there so I can play some games. I never really liked windows but not having ability to quickly resize and move windows is...
  7. Cannot RDP / VNC view FROM Windows to Linux desktop

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Cannot RDP / VNC view FROM Windows to Linux desktop: Hi folks Just messing about before "Boxing Day" dinner -- at least not cooking it today !!!! just eating / drinking /pub later for UK Footie. No probs whatsoever with connecting to Windows desktops (whether via VM or real) FROM a LINUX machine Cannot get Windows to show...
  8. Free Email clients on Linux Guests

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Free Email clients on Linux Guests: Hi folks One of the best I've seen where you can actually set up accounts manually (Thunderbird now makes that a real pain) is Kmail (from KDE plasma desktop). You can also have decent menus as well in the client do the following -->show hidden files and then in file:...
  9. RPC from Windows client to Linux server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RPC from Windows client to Linux server: Hello, I am not sure if this is the best place to ask this question. However, I am at the end of my rope here. I need to rpc from a windows 10 client to a linux (RHEL 7) server. I am very new to rpc (must be DCE RPC), so If you have a working example (hello world maybe?)...
  10. Can not access Windows file from Linux since 1511 &1607

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not access Windows file from Linux since 1511 &1607: Home Built PC running dual boot Windows Pro 10 and Ubuntu 16.04 I used to be able to access Windows files from Linux, but now I cannot, see errors next :- 28/09/16 Error mounting /dev/sda2 at /media/richard/8AA62C62A62C50CD: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o...