Windows 10: does iGPU usage hurt performance?

Discus and support does iGPU usage hurt performance? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted 3 displays so I bought a FirePRO. Turns out even though it's rated for 3 simultaneous displays, it only works if you get some special adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GetInHereStalker, Apr 6, 2020.

1. does iGPU usage hurt performance?

I wanted 3 displays so I bought a FirePRO. Turns out even though it's rated for 3 simultaneous displays, it only works if you get some special adapter which I never did figure out what it is. So currently my only option is to run 2 displays from the FirePRO and 1 from the DVI port of the motherboard under dual pci/igpu settings in the BIOS. Does this hurt performance?

submitted by /u/GetInHereStalker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GetInHereStalker, Apr 6, 2020
  2. WinM Win User

Multi-Monitor and iGPU and dGPU usage/load

Hello, I have trouble getting my iGPU to do work when the dGPU is set as "main display".

I have an iGPU Intel HD4000 on my 3770k CPU, I also have a dGPU Nvidia GTX690 in a Multi-Monitor setup. Connected to my GTX690 are 3 monitors, and connected to my HD4000 is a 4th accessory display.

What happens is that when I play a video using VLC on the monitor connected to the iGPU, all content is actually rendered on the dGPU, then sent over the PCIe bus to the iGPU and displayed from there. I don't want my dGPU adapter to have anything to do with
    VLC when the window is not on those monitors. I want only my iGPU adapter to do work when VLC is on that respective monitor. If I move the VLC window over to a different monitor which is powered by another display adapter, I want that adapter to take over
    the work.

Example - Playing a video on the Monitor connected to iGPU:

1. When iGPU is set as Main Display then; iGPU 17% usage, dGPU1 0%, dGPU2 0%.

2. When dGPU is set as Main Display then; iGPU 18% usage,
    dGPU1 8%, dGPU2 0%.

In the first case where the monitor connceted to the iGPU is set as main display, everything works as I want it, only the iGPU does work as it outputs the video to its monitor. But I don't want to have my iGPU as Main Display, I want the dGPU as Main.

In the second case where a monitor connceted to the GTX690 is set as the main display, dGPU1 is at 8% even though no monitor connceted to this Dispay adapter is displaying anything.... For some reason Windows10 lets the dGPU do all the work and pass the
    result to the iGPU which then displays it. I want the iGPU to do all the work.

How can I assign a different Display Adapter to a program, other then the "Main Display" (which all programs default to, regardless of which monitor they actually appear on)???

Nvidia has something called "Nvidia Optimus" but is only available for mobile devices. But this is not available for desktop. Does Win10 have something like it where I can pick which GPU a program will use?

WinM, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Vya Domus Win User
    AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Smokes Core i5-8400 at iGPU Performance

List of people who buy any Intel CPU for it's integrated graphics to game on them. You use the iGPU when you don't have choice , no one really goes out of their way to game on them.

*Laugh :laugh:

Worse , not by a huge amount but enough the render them useless.

Vya Domus, Apr 6, 2020
  4. _JP_ Win User

does iGPU usage hurt performance?

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Smokes Core i5-8400 at iGPU Performance

If the iGPU were an IRIS, I'd wager the list would be extensive because it would put up a decent fight. But hey, management choices, I guess *Oh Well does iGPU usage hurt performance? :eek:hwell:

_JP_, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

does iGPU usage hurt performance?

1. does iGPU usage hurt performance? - Similar Threads - does iGPU usage

2. Graphics Performance Preference shows only iGPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Performance Preference shows only iGPU: I am using Lenovo ideapad 320 AMD A9 with Radeon R5 Integrated Graphics & Radeon 530 Dedicated Graphics with windows 10 version 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251. In my Device Manager and Task Manager, it shows my both graphics card but in Graphics Performance Preference it only shows...
  3. Graphics Performance Preference shows only iGPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Performance Preference shows only iGPU: I am using Lenovo ideapad 320 AMD A9 with Radeon R5 Integrated Graphics & Radeon 530 Dedicated Graphics with windows 10 version 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251. In my Device Manager and Task Manager, it shows my both graphics card but in Graphics Performance Preference it only shows...
  4. Will abnormal GPU usage hurt my GPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will abnormal GPU usage hurt my GPU?: Hi there,yes, the question would seem to answer itself, but let me elaborate.For the past few month, ive been seeing odd spikes in GPU clock + usage with desktop programs that have never needed so much juice in the past, including:*Autocad*Revit*Adobe Premier Pro*Adobe...
  5. Will abnormal GPU usage hurt my GPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will abnormal GPU usage hurt my GPU?: Hi there,yes, the question would seem to answer itself, but let me elaborate.For the past few month, ive been seeing odd spikes in GPU clock + usage with desktop programs that have never needed so much juice in the past, including:*Autocad*Revit*Adobe Premier Pro*Adobe...
  6. Will abnormal GPU usage hurt my GPU?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Igpu

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Igpu: I wonder if my system has built in GPU since my mainboard has hdmi and dvi ports ? I can't find any infos or driver for it. 176487
  8. DWM spikes in iGPU Usage (Dell)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DWM spikes in iGPU Usage (Dell): For some reason, starting recently, DWM has been spiking my iGPU usage (up to over 80% worst case scenario) and thus bogging down the PC. In addition to very slow performance in games, this creates a wide array of issues like slower window animations. For some reason, this...
  9. Enabling Windows Sandbox hurts host performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enabling Windows Sandbox hurts host performance?: I recently noticed that when I enable Windows Sandbox it cripples my PC performance, for example my RAM read speed drops from 48 GB/s to 35 GB/s and CPU benchmarks are lot slower as well. However when I run the benchmarks inside the Sandbox I get max performance (same result...
  10. WMIC.exe sends so many CMD commands & hurts system performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WMIC.exe sends so many CMD commands & hurts system performance: Hello, first of all here are my specs; Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Version: 2004 OS Build: 20175.1000 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.18201.0.0 For some odd reason, WMIC tries to find LeagueClientUx.exe and sends so many requests doing so periodically....