Windows 10: Does installing over an existing broken installation repair it?

Discus and support Does installing over an existing broken installation repair it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have this problem with VLC Player where it got broken during an update and now I can't even uninstall it. I was wondering, if I ran the installer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dimitri, May 4, 2020.

1. Dimitri Win User

Does installing over an existing broken installation repair it?

I have this problem with VLC Player where it got broken during an update and now I can't even uninstall it. I was wondering, if I ran the installer and installed over the existing installation (same folder), would that repair the broken installation?

In other words, would that replace all the files, including the broken ones, or is that something you're not supposed to do? Would it create a second installation in the same folder or would something in some other way go awry?

Dimitri, May 4, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 4, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, May 4, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

Existing Vista install to onboard Riad 0 *IMAGE*?

Now that's thinking, my brain is dead today, ya that would probably work followed by a repair install with the raid drivers!

niko084, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Does installing over an existing broken installation repair it? - Similar Threads - Does installing existing

2. Error while Visual Studio Installation - Existing Installation broken - Not able to launch...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error while Visual Studio Installation - Existing Installation broken - Not able to launch...: I am not able to use/install Visual Studio. When I try opening Visual Studio Installer, it displays the error “Sorry, something went wrong” and nothing happens.I was able to use the Visual Studio on my laptop seamlessly. While removing some temporary files yesterday, it...
  3. Reinstallion of Windows 11 over an existing installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstallion of Windows 11 over an existing installation.: Reinstalled Windows 11 over an existing installation. Now everything is slow, copying files, videos will hardy play. It's like it's in slow motion....
  4. Reinstallion of Windows 11 over an existing installation.

Reinstallion of Windows 11 over an existing installation.: Reinstalled Windows 11 over an existing installation. Now everything is slow, copying files, videos will hardy play. It's like it's in slow motion....
  5. Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken: Windows 11 machine. Following a windows update 2 days ago 9/15/23 computer is stuck in "preparing automatic repair" after BIOS, freezes as soon as it tries to load. It then restarts, boots and freezes after BIOS, but with only a frozen loading circle instead of the text....
  6. Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken

Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken: Windows 11 machine. Following a windows update 2 days ago 9/15/23 computer is stuck in "preparing automatic repair" after BIOS, freezes as soon as it tries to load. It then restarts, boots and freezes after BIOS, but with only a frozen loading circle instead of the text....
  7. installing a language pack over existing language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing a language pack over existing language: I bought this lenovo laptop a few years ago. It came with English - Great Britain as a system language. I installed English US along with it, and later changed manually to English U.S. as a system language. But I didn't download the whole English U.S. language pack back then....
  8. installing a language pack over existing language

installing a language pack over existing language: I bought this lenovo laptop a few years ago. It came with English - Great Britain as a system language. I installed English US along with it, and later changed manually to English U.S. as a system language. But I didn't download the whole English U.S. language pack back then....
  9. "repair install" or "in place upgrade" is broken in 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "repair install" or "in place upgrade" is broken in 20H2: You cannot to a "repair install" or "in place upgrade" and keep files and apps with 20H2. It works fine with 2004. The installation media will not allow you to keep your files and apps. All other options other than "Nothing" are greyed out. To be clear, you CAN upgrade from...
  10. the setup can be installed over an existing installation.

in Windows 10 Customization
    the setup can be installed over an existing installation.: I uninstalled software from control Panel, programs after uninstalling software. while reinstalling it again showing error message as below: the setup can be installed over an existing installation. alternatively. you can uninstall the existing installation and reinstall....