Windows 10: Does installing over an existing broken installation repair it?

Discus and support Does installing over an existing broken installation repair it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have this problem with VLC Player where it got broken during an update and now I can't even uninstall it. I was wondering, if I ran the installer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dimitri, May 4, 2020.

1. Dimitri Win User

Does installing over an existing broken installation repair it?

I have this problem with VLC Player where it got broken during an update and now I can't even uninstall it. I was wondering, if I ran the installer and installed over the existing installation (same folder), would that repair the broken installation?

In other words, would that replace all the files, including the broken ones, or is that something you're not supposed to do? Would it create a second installation in the same folder or would something in some other way go awry?

Dimitri, May 4, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 4, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, May 4, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

Existing Vista install to onboard Riad 0 *IMAGE*?

Now that's thinking, my brain is dead today, ya that would probably work followed by a repair install with the raid drivers!

niko084, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Does installing over an existing broken installation repair it? - Similar Threads - Does installing existing

2. does a repair-install fix the registry?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    does a repair-install fix the registry?: ...or just files? Thanks. 177695
  3. Disk mirroring broken and not working, trying to save existing installation

Disk mirroring broken and not working, trying to save existing installation: HI All, I have a current Win10 install and setup disk mirroring thinking that if a SSD went bad, that I would have the other. Well something happened and the disk mirror broke. The system froze and I rebooted, then it would only go into the automatic repair loop and nothing...
  4. "repair install" or "in place upgrade" is broken in 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "repair install" or "in place upgrade" is broken in 20H2: You cannot to a "repair install" or "in place upgrade" and keep files and apps with 20H2. It works fine with 2004. The installation media will not allow you to keep your files and apps. All other options other than "Nothing" are greyed out. To be clear, you CAN upgrade from...
  5. Clean install of Windows 10 over existing W10 OS

Clean install of Windows 10 over existing W10 OS: I need to do a clean install of windows 10. My existing computer has it installed and works fine but will not update. I have a recovery drive and disk but keep getting error messages when I try to reinstall. At this point I would like to wipe my new SSD and do a clean install...
  6. the setup can be installed over an existing installation.

in Windows 10 Customization
    the setup can be installed over an existing installation.: I uninstalled software from control Panel, programs after uninstalling software. while reinstalling it again showing error message as below: the setup can be installed over an existing installation. alternatively. you can uninstall the existing installation and reinstall....
  7. "Specified service does not exist as an installed service"

"Specified service does not exist as an installed service": Hello. I've been having trouble with my Pc. When I'm downloading or try to open certain things, it tells me "Specified service does not exist as an installed service." I'm not sure when this problem started. I am unable to update Windows as well. I can't run Command Prompt as...
  8. installing windows 10 over existing windows 7 OS

installing windows 10 over existing windows 7 OS: Hi there, so im sure this is probably a rather banal question, but its my first time doing a clean install of an OS and id rather not leave anthing to chance. Yes, there are literally hundreds of web pages with instructions on how to do this, but i still prefer input...
  9. Repair disk does not see existing WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Repair disk does not see existing WindowsImageBackup: After producing a WidowsImageBackup and a Repair disk for my Windows 10 system I went back to Windows 7 with help of an earlier taken SystemImageBackup. No problems. (I did so because of lacking device support for my display in Windows 10) The backup contains 2 disks 100MB...
  10. Windows Modules Installer does not exist in Services.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Modules Installer does not exist in Services.: I was trying to run sfc /scannow, which gave me: Code: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.[/quote] I figured through google that it's the problem of the Windows Modules Installer, and the problem seemed to be the default setting of its startup...