Windows 10: Does installing the Media Creation Tool and choosing from it to Upgrade Now will delete all...

Discus and support Does installing the Media Creation Tool and choosing from it to Upgrade Now will delete all... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I don't want to lose my personal files and apps installed .Whatever it deletes? Sometimes my PC does not sleep or hibernate.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AussieKenDoll, May 26, 2020.

1. Does installing the Media Creation Tool and choosing from it to Upgrade Now will delete all...

I don't want to lose my personal files and apps installed .Whatever it deletes? Sometimes my PC does not sleep or hibernate.

:)

AussieKenDoll, May 26, 2020

2. media creation tool

Hello,

The Windows Media Creation Tool allows you to download the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having a product key. You can use it to clean install or upgrade to Windows 10. It can also be use to download the different editions of Windows 10.
    Refer to this
    link
    to download the Windows 10 Installation Media Tool.

As for the build and version of your Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open up the run command prompt.
    • Type winver into the run command text box and hit OK. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, May 26, 2020
  3. Kyhi Win User
    Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

4. Yaqub K Win User

Does installing the Media Creation Tool and choosing from it to Upgrade Now will delete all...

media creation tool

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• From which version of Windows are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Does the computer meets the minimum system requirement to upgrade to Windows 10?
    • When exactly do you get the purple windows icon?
    I suggest you to create another USB bootable media using the ISO and then try to upgrade to Windows 10. Refer to the following links:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

Windows 10 herunterladen

Also see:
    How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Does installing the Media Creation Tool and choosing from it to Upgrade Now will delete all...

1. Does installing the Media Creation Tool and choosing from it to Upgrade Now will delete all... - Similar Threads - Does installing Media

2. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  3. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  4. In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool: Hi AllI was able to successfully use In Place Upgrade Media Creation Tool choosing the option of keeping personal files and applications to upgrade to the latest version 21h1 of Windows 10 this May. However I was still having security update issue even after a freshly...
  5. Does upgrading windows via the media creation tool allow you to choose what drive to...

Does upgrading windows via the media creation tool allow you to choose what drive to...: I just got a new solid state drive in my computer and want to move my windows installation to this drive. My computer already has an installation of windows 10. I noticed on the windows installation media download page that the media creation tool has an option to upgrade...
  6. Boot from USB Media Creation Tool then does not install Windows?

Boot from USB Media Creation Tool then does not install Windows?: Hi everyone, I am trying to fix an old laptop asus g75v by installing a fresh Windows OS. Here’s what I did: 1. Create bootable thumb drive via media creation tool. - Windows 10, 64bit, English 2. Open Broken Asus laptop in Bios. - DIsabled Safe boot - Enabled Launch...
  7. Media Creation Tool for Upgrades

Media Creation Tool for Upgrades: Quick question about the use of the Media creation tool. I am currently using MCT1903 on a USB to upgrade my PC to windows 10. I didn't turn the USB into a bootable device; I just put the tool on it. I am wondering if on the "Downloading Windows 10" screen of the...
  8. Media Creation Tool installation media query

Media Creation Tool installation media query: Hi all, When Microsoft release a new Windows 10 version, A few days after release I always go to the Microsoft website, download the ISO and create a bootable USB flash drive and store it safely in case I need it for a clean install in the future. I did that with version 1903...
  9. Does the media creation tool install with the latest updates

Does the media creation tool install with the latest updates: I am tired of installing Windows and then spending the rest of the day while the pc goes through all the updates. I was hoping the media creator tool would do this but there is no mention of updates. 94812
  10. Where does Media Creation Tool store all of it's data?

Where does Media Creation Tool store all of it's data?: So recently Windows 10 came out and I manually downloaded the Media Creation tool and started upgrading my PC BUT I had to turn it off and all of the data that it downloaded has taken up my small amount of space in my SSD (I only have 16 GB left) can someone please tell me...