Windows 10: Does installing windows erase my other drives?

Discus and support Does installing windows erase my other drives? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like the title says I want to know if using the USB thing to install windows will delete the contents of my other drives, I'm not worried about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xdhelicopter, May 13, 2020.

1. Does installing windows erase my other drives?

Like the title says I want to know if using the USB thing to install windows will delete the contents of my other drives, I'm not worried about the data on the drive that I'll be using to install windows.

submitted by /u/xdhelicopter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xdhelicopter, May 13, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 13, 2020
  3. little cat, May 13, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Does installing windows erase my other drives?

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Does installing windows erase my other drives?

1. Does installing windows erase my other drives? - Similar Threads - Does installing erase

2. Why does my laptop erase all the data on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop erase all the data on my hard drive?: My Laptop has erased all the data on my hard drive twice now, and I don't know why nor how to fix this problem. Both times after erasing everything it tells me I need to reformat the drive again. I've tried formatting thru file explorer and thru disk manager and neither...
  3. Why does my laptop erase all the data on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop erase all the data on my hard drive?: My Laptop has erased all the data on my hard drive twice now, and I don't know why nor how to fix this problem. Both times after erasing everything it tells me I need to reformat the drive again. I've tried formatting thru file explorer and thru disk manager and neither...
  4. Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs: Hello.I've seen some questions regarding this, but the answers aren't explicit enough to allay my fears. What I want to know, with a Windows re-install, does it erase my programs in C:\Programs and C:\Programs x86?If so, what are my options? Can I copy those programs to...
  5. Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs

Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs: Hello.I've seen some questions regarding this, but the answers aren't explicit enough to allay my fears. What I want to know, with a Windows re-install, does it erase my programs in C:\Programs and C:\Programs x86?If so, what are my options? Can I copy those programs to...
  6. Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Does "erase all data" delete support drives?

Does "erase all data" delete support drives?: My computer has been very slow because of the RAM getting too busy frequently. So I was going to select this optionafter I tried the only delete apps option when it struck me: "I have a pretty above average graphics card and all that, and I can't do backups of the support...
  8. Does "erase all data" delete support drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does "erase all data" delete support drives?: My computer has been very slow because of the RAM getting too busy frequently. So I was going to select this optionafter I tried the only delete apps option when it struck me: "I have a pretty above average graphics card and all that, and I can't do backups of the support...
  9. Installation Media erased my external hard drive?

Installation Media erased my external hard drive?: I was attempting to reset my Windows 10, and needed to create Installation Media in order to do so. The only thing I had on my was my 2TB External Hard Drive, so I used that. It now appears that all the files I had previously on this hard drive are now erased and only has...
  10. Hard drive completely erased after installing Windows

Hard drive completely erased after installing Windows: Hello when i got windows installed my hard drive was completely erase ***Modified title from: خرابی سیستم*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-completely-erased-after-installing/bd96c32b-970c-41bb-a949-fedd228dd445