Windows 10: Does invalid command with DISM.exe cause any issues?

Discus and support Does invalid command with DISM.exe cause any issues? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I missed the / in front of Cleanup-image in the following command line in an admin command prompt: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A123, Oct 2, 2020.

1. A123 Win User

Does invalid command with DISM.exe cause any issues?

I missed the / in front of Cleanup-image in the following command line in an admin command prompt:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

I received an error code and a message about checking the log file. Any issues because of this missed /?

:)

A123, Oct 2, 2020
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Oct 2, 2020
  3. DISM .EXE is not recognize

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the command that you’re trying to run on your Windows 10
    computer may be caused by an additional character that is unable to recognizable by the program. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link, with the exact command to
    run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. Once you’re on the page, you may expand the
    Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows Vista option under the
    Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)
    section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Does invalid command with DISM.exe cause any issues?

DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Does invalid command with DISM.exe cause any issues?

1. Does invalid command with DISM.exe cause any issues? - Similar Threads - Does invalid command

2. dism command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dism command: Hi so when i did dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup it stopsnon 20% and says it done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-command/a622031b-1790-4347-b76c-75d4a06b7d0b
  3. dism command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism command: Hi so when i did dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup it stopsnon 20% and says it done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-command/a622031b-1790-4347-b76c-75d4a06b7d0b
  4. dism command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DISM commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM commands: I am attempting to repair an external drive connected to this computer. In command prompt, administrator level, I entered the command "dism /Image:f:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth" and it returned the message "Error 126; An Error occurred while attempting to start the...
  6. Copy command invalid

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Copy command invalid: I am trying to set up another selection in the boot order. this is from the instructions i got out Hypervisor notes in the tutorial for running hyper-v [img] is there another instruction that can be used? I am using the microsoft shell for Administrator. Thank you...
  7. running .exe command

in Windows 10 Customization
    running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  8. regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open: regedit, command prompt does not show run as administrator option and also does not open any .exe files on my windows 10 laptop.it says to look for an app in Microsoft store....
  9. Invalid DISM, Error 193, Can't open any .exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Invalid DISM, Error 193, Can't open any .exe: Hello, I'll explain my situation briefly (nevermind) but thoroughly because I'm a busy Engineering student at the moment. Last Saturday (Nov 17th) I accidentally turned off my desktop tower by holding the power button rather than mousing over to 'Shut Down' in Start, and...
  10. The signature of ccsetup516.exe is corrupt or invalid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The signature of ccsetup516.exe is corrupt or invalid: Since yesterday every new program I try to download I get a message similar to the above ?????????? This is for CCleaner Any ideas Thanks 48101