Windows 10: does it a good idea to run sfc scannow from time to time ?

Discus and support does it a good idea to run sfc scannow from time to time ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; to check if there is any damaged files and repair them ? will it messing with drivers ? 53102 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by yafatana, Jun 11, 2016.

1. yafatana Win User

does it a good idea to run sfc scannow from time to time ?

to check if there is any damaged files and repair them ?
    will it messing with drivers ?

:)

yafatana, Jun 11, 2016

2. Is it a good idea to allow games from the store to access your internet connection?

Hi,

If an application or program has been removed or uninstalled on your device it will not have any access to your system nor your Internet connection. To check if an app is completely uninstalled, you may go to
    Settings > System > Apps & features > Search for the program, if it's still there, select it >
    Uninstall. You may also turn on
    Windows Firewall
    to help prevent malicious software to access your computer.

Do let us know should you have further queries.

Rachelle Gra, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Eddgy Win User
    Is it a good idea to allow games from the store to access your internet connection?

How do we prevent games from the Store to access our Internet connections after we delete a game?

[Moved from: MSN / Installing apps / Uninstalling my app / Windows 10]

Eddgy, Jun 11, 2016
  4. Mooly Win User

It does no harm running the sfc command, but unless you have a known problem I wouldn't bother as a routine thing.

Mooly, Jun 11, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    I do that every time before new insider build is installed, kept me out of trouble ! It didn't work in few builds though.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. does it a good idea to run sfc scannow from time to time ? - Similar Threads - does idea run

2. sfc\scannow was just run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc\scannow was just run.: i ran sfc /scannow after it say windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them for online Repairs details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\logs\CBS\CBS.logs. for example c:\windowns\logs\CBS.log for oflinerapirs details are...
  3. sfc\scannow was just run.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc\scannow was just run.: i ran sfc /scannow after it say windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them for online Repairs details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\logs\CBS\CBS.logs. for example c:\windowns\logs\CBS.log for oflinerapirs details are...
  4. Cannot run sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run sfc /scannow: Hi,Believing my Windows installation had some missing or corrupted files, I tried to run sfc /scannow in my command prompt. But I got the error message: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.I already tried to:- Run the command prompt as...
  5. Cannot run sfc /scannow

Cannot run sfc /scannow: Hi,Believing my Windows installation had some missing or corrupted files, I tried to run sfc /scannow in my command prompt. But I got the error message: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.I already tried to:- Run the command prompt as...
  6. Cannot run sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. cannot run sfc / scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot run sfc / scannow: In cmd prompt I get this message when attempting to run sfc/scannow:"you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use sfc/scannnow"How do I resolve this?...
  8. cannot run sfc / scannow

cannot run sfc / scannow: In cmd prompt I get this message when attempting to run sfc/scannow:"you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use sfc/scannnow"How do I resolve this?...
  9. Cannot run SFC/scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot run SFC/scannow: Dear all, Tried all sorts of remedies for above problem, nothing seems to work. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-run-sfcscannow/85432df1-6503-4753-bdd6-932c282071ca
  10. SFC /ScanNow Finds Errors Every Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /ScanNow Finds Errors Every Time: I run sfc /scannow and it finds errors and cannot fix them. I then run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:x:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess and that succeeds. I run sfc /scannow again and it is able to fix the errors. I run sfc /scannow again a day or...