Windows 10: Does it bother anyone when you're browsing an empty file in File Explorer and it says "This...

Discus and support Does it bother anyone when you're browsing an empty file in File Explorer and it says "This... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; it bothers me when it says the folder is empty or that nothing matched your search. is there any way I can change the text of that? if not, well,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vinnyg0621, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Does it bother anyone when you're browsing an empty file in File Explorer and it says "This...

it bothers me when it says the folder is empty or that nothing matched your search. is there any way I can change the text of that? if not, well, congratulations, you're using Windows. or is there any way to change the default file explorer on your computer? I would be happy to hear yes

:)

vinnyg0621, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Deluneth Win User

Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Feb 22, 2021
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Does it bother anyone when you're browsing an empty file in File Explorer and it says "This...

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Does it bother anyone when you're browsing an empty file in File Explorer and it says "This...

1. Does it bother anyone when you're browsing an empty file in File Explorer and it says "This... - Similar Threads - Does bother anyone

2. file explorer says external drive is empty. when i try to add files message says disk is full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer says external drive is empty. when i try to add files message says disk is full: file explorer says external drive is empty. when i try to add files message says disk is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-says-external-drive-is-empty-when-i/4ae1d8b8-3982-4df7-bafc-771cb564daf0
  3. file explorer says external drive is empty. when i try to add files message says disk is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer says external drive is empty. when i try to add files message says disk is full: file explorer says external drive is empty. when i try to add files message says disk is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-says-external-drive-is-empty-when-i/4ae1d8b8-3982-4df7-bafc-771cb564daf0
  4. file explorer says external drive is empty. when i try to add files message says disk is full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does the folder and file shut down when you're trying to unaip a file?

Why does the folder and file shut down when you're trying to unaip a file?: I have a new HP computer with window's 11. When ever I try unzipping files the folder they are in shuts down. The only way I can unzip a file is to open winzip and do it in that program. I have also had folders that I am looking through that are on an external hard drive shut...
  6. Tabbed browsing for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed browsing for File Explorer: Has Microsoft activated tabbed browsing on File Explorer in Windows 11, for the consumer edition of Windows? I know it will be activated "in October", but when is that?...
  7. Tabbed browsing for File Explorer

Tabbed browsing for File Explorer: Has Microsoft activated tabbed browsing on File Explorer in Windows 11, for the consumer edition of Windows? I know it will be activated "in October", but when is that?...
  8. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  9. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  10. Anyone else bothered by this? (Windows 10 1909 File Explorer)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else bothered by this? (Windows 10 1909 File Explorer): [IMG] submitted by /u/Stick1000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvrf4n/anyone_else_bothered_by_this_windows_10_1909_file/