Windows 10: Does it make any sense to upgrade to Win10?

Discus and support Does it make any sense to upgrade to Win10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I built my current PC about 10 years ago. It's always worked well but is now showing it's age and slowing down. I have Win7 and love it but I know it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/flsucks, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Does it make any sense to upgrade to Win10?

I built my current PC about 10 years ago. It's always worked well but is now showing it's age and slowing down. I have Win7 and love it but I know it's not a great idea to keep using it with discontinued MS support. I'm building a new one in the next 6ish months but I'm wondering if - based on the current specs - there's any speed/stability benefit to upgrading to Win10 now on the current build. I can post more specs if necessary. It appears to meet the MS minimum requirements but I don't want to do it if it's going to be any slower.

submitted by /u/flsucks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/flsucks, Nov 28, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Nov 28, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

Upgrade to Windows 10 | Tutorials

- best read carefully...

and you will find

dalchina, Nov 28, 2020
  4. wee_ones Win User

Does it make any sense to upgrade to Win10?

Win10 Anniversary upgrade

Hello - I'm trying to upgrade to the Win10 Anniversary on a client's laptop. The laptop previously had Symantec Endpoint Protection, but it was removed before the free upgrade was performed from win7 home edition. The copy of SEP was not compatible with
    the upgrade to Win10, but it was supposedly successfully removed.

Now the Anniversary upgrade stops and reports that it can't continue due to incompatibility with SEP. I've checked the startup, there's no SEP listed, there's no active SEP components listed under the task manager, and I'm unable to manually remove registry
    keys through the regedit program.

So: would it be possible to:

Roll back to the previous win edition, reinstall SEP, then remove SEP, and upgrade to Win10 again?

Manually edit the registry (assuming that I can find the offending key(s)) so the installation can complete?

I don't have access to the latest copy of clean wipe, so I'm not sure that would help.

Please provide any suggestions and thanks in advance

Bill

wee_ones, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Does it make any sense to upgrade to Win10?

1. Does it make any sense to upgrade to Win10? - Similar Threads - Does sense upgrade

2. Making sense of .Net in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making sense of .Net in PowerShell: I am a sysadmin and have used PowerShell on a daily basis for years. I have consistently noticed the injection of a .Net property is always worth a few lines of native cmdlets or unnecessary lines of logic. How do you go about looking up useful .Net resources for the use of...
  3. Making sense of .Net in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making sense of .Net in PowerShell: I am a sysadmin and have used PowerShell on a daily basis for years. I have consistently noticed the injection of a .Net property is always worth a few lines of native cmdlets or unnecessary lines of logic. How do you go about looking up useful .Net resources for the use of...
  4. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wlanext exe creation date does not make sense: I was checking my task manager and was looking at Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework out of curiosity and noticed that the creation date makes no sense as it would imply that the file created 2 years before I built my current PC....
  5. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wlanext exe creation date does not make sense: I was checking my task manager and was looking at Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework out of curiosity and noticed that the creation date makes no sense as it would imply that the file created 2 years before I built my current PC....
  6. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

7. Windows 11 Upgrade doesnt make sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade doesnt make sense: I recently built a new PC so in the future I can use Windows 11 when it becomes necessary.Irritatingly my previous machine which is still pretty powerful with an Intel i7 7700 processor cannot. Ok fair enough. W11 needs more I guessBut my surprise and if Im honest, annoyance...
  8. Windows 11 Upgrade doesnt make sense

Windows 11 Upgrade doesnt make sense: I recently built a new PC so in the future I can use Windows 11 when it becomes necessary.Irritatingly my previous machine which is still pretty powerful with an Intel i7 7700 processor cannot. Ok fair enough. W11 needs more I guessBut my surprise and if Im honest, annoyance...
  9. This microsoft page information does not make sense, violate privacy.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This microsoft page information does not make sense, violate privacy.: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468245/the-photos-app-and-your-privacy You can find no option in photo app, its a serious privacy violation !...
  10. A fix that does not make sense

A fix that does not make sense: My OS is Windows 10 and I have office 2007 installed which I’ve had for quite some time. Every now and then when I open MS Word it goes through the configuration process before it opens. It seems as there are a few different ways to fix it. One way was to go to Control Panel...